• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

What is the point of Gold/Silver Chests?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kyris

Kyris

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GG]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Is there any point to buying gold/silver chests?

The gold chests appear to give the exact same rewards as the copper chests, but they cost 1000 glory instead of 200

I wasted over 3000 glory on gold chests before I realised that they give the same items as copper chests -.-

Am I missing something...? I thought maybe the gold chest would exlusively give glory booster also, but copper chests give them too

Whats the point?

#2 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3312 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

View PostKyris, on 04 January 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

Is there any point to buying gold/silver chests?

The gold chests appear to give the exact same rewards as the copper chests, but they cost 1000 glory instead of 200

I wasted over 3000 glory on gold chests before I realised that they give the same items as copper chests -.-

Am I missing something...? I thought maybe the gold chest would exlusively give glory booster also, but copper chests give them too

Whats the point?

There should be better items in it:
Bronze gives the "crap" items with a chance of better ones.
Silver would give guaranteed 1 better item and higher chances of better items.
Gold should give 1 "super" item, 1 better item, and then some normal.

But in reality it doesn't work, just like you I noticed I only get same crap from gold chests as I get from bronze ones..

http://www.guildwars...-forge-recipes/
crap items: needs orbs
better: needs crystal
super: needs sliver

Edited by Gilles VI, 04 January 2013 - 05:23 PM.

#3 UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BOMB]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

There is no difference from what I've noticed.

#4 Skyro

Skyro

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

They give a higher chance to get items that salvage into arcane crystals/slivers I believe.

#5 P L O O K

P L O O K

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AxE]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Probably because you only bought rabbit chests. Rabbit chests only has tier 2 material (Orb, Cystal).

Copper chest: Give you tier 1 (orb material) weapons/armor, they have a chance to get a tier 2 (crystal material) weapons/armor.
Silver chests: These give you tier 1 weapons/armor and 1 or more tier 2 weapons/armor. Starting from Deer chest These have a possibility to give a tier 3 (Sliver material) armor/weapon.
Gold chests: These give you tier 1, tier 2 and 1 or more tier 3 weapons/armor. They also have a chance of dropping a crit item. That crit depends on the rank of the chests and weapon/armor.

http://www.guildwars...-forge-recipes/ This is the guide to the mystic forge. With what I just told you you should see what you could get from the chests.

And no items from gold chest don't have more chance of dropping slivers than the ones from silvers. It all depends on what item you get from the chest. Gold chest have more chance to drop tier 3 items so only the tier 3 weapons will salvage into slivers. The tier 3 items from silver chests have an equal chance of salvaging into slivers. You just won't get the tier 3 weapons as much.

Also note after opening a lot of chests (r42 is a lot of glory) the last item you get the 5th is always the best(Highest tier). If you are lucky/unlucky that last item can be a Dye/Glory Booster.

If I'm right and you still are a Rabbit, I advice you to save your glory until you are Deer. That has nicer drops and more chance of getting slivers.

#6 Duch

Duch

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

Thx PLOOK :)
Now i get the point of copper/silver/gold chests

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users