#1 KMLin

KMLin

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AP]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

I have an M11x R3 with a 540M NVIDIA GeForce, I've been running the same settings since the release of GW2 (Generally all high settings except for reflections and medium shadows)

The recent NVIDIA graphic update compatible with 500M notebook graphic cards took a toll on Guild Wars 2 for me. For the past hour it has consistently frame spiked within seconds intervals.

Any opinions or ideas on how to fix this would be of great help.

Thank you

#2 Zerk2012

Zerk2012

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Reinstall your old driver.

#3 Elder III

Elder III

Technician

• Technicians
  • 4424 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ION]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

Uninstall and revert to the previous drivers.  If you want to be extra thorough run Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode after uninstalling the current drivers and then boot into normal mode and install the old ones again.

#4 Reazionn

Reazionn

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

I heard driver sweeper is bad to use, I just uninstall and install another one. Whats good about driver sweeper?

#5 tijo

tijo

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3173 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RISE]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

View PostReazionn, on 07 January 2013 - 04:13 AM, said:

I heard driver sweeper is bad to use, I just uninstall and install another one. Whats good about driver sweeper?

It removes every trace of previous drivers. However, if you're not careful, you can end up deleting more than traces of your previous video drivers when using driver sweeper which can affect your system in a bad way. It is in the category of use with care software. Aside from that, there is nothing bad with the latest version.

Over a year ago, there was a bug affecting some people using AMD GPUs when they removed their video drivers. I personally never encountered it,I was using an AMD GPU back then, and that problem has been patched for a long time now anyways. I haven't seen any reports of problems with the recent versions.

when you see opinions about software on the Internet, always look at the date at which they were made. If they are old they may apply or may not apply anymore.

Edited by tijo, 07 January 2013 - 04:36 AM.

#6 Reazionn

Reazionn

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

Is it bad that I let nvidia update my drivers without removing the previous version?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users