Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

[Answered] Flameseeker Prophecies


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TiiBags Tyler

TiiBags Tyler

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Location:South Africa
  • Guild Tag:[KUTI]
  • Server:Fissure of Woe

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

Why is this the only Legendary Weapon not for sale on the TP?

#2 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3311 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostTiiBags Tyler, on 06 January 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Why is this the only Legendary Weapon not for sale on the TP?

Cause nobody who made it feels like selling it?
It's not a very common legendary, only warrior (almost no warrior uses a shield), guardian (only a few use a shield in PvE) and engineer (Have yet to see a single engineer using a shield) use it.
So can't imagine someone will pay couple of hundred gold for it either.

#3 lmaonade

lmaonade

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1122 posts
  • Location:That one place with the thing
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

View PostGilles VI, on 06 January 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

Cause nobody who made it feels like selling it?
It's not a very common legendary, only warrior (almost no warrior uses a shield), guardian (only a few use a shield in PvE) and engineer (Have yet to see a single engineer using a shield) use it.
So can't imagine someone will pay couple of hundred gold for it either.

a lot of warriors and engineers use shield O_o I'm surprised you haven't seen em

#4 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3311 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

View Postlmaonade, on 06 January 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

a lot of warriors and engineers use shield O_o I'm surprised you haven't seen em

Any warrior I grouped with clearing dungeons used axe/sword/GS/hammer/rifle, engineers use p/p or rifle and ofcourse kits.
I would not know what to use shield for in dungeons/fractals tbh.

In tPvP shield for engineer is awesome but in PvE..?

#5 Rumstein

Rumstein

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

I would say that because shields are not one of the "popular" weapons, you wont see many people inclined to make it (as well as focus, scepter, torch, underwater, etc). -They arent used in DPS builds, so not many care.

In addition, anyone who does put in the effort to make one of these will do it A) Because they use shields, B) They like the look.

And seriously, the mats are high cost (Onyx), while the demand would be ridiculously low.

#6 TiiBags Tyler

TiiBags Tyler

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Location:South Africa
  • Guild Tag:[KUTI]
  • Server:Fissure of Woe

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Thank for the help!

#7 jthamind

jthamind

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 309 posts
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

i love the Flameseeker Prophecies, and i personally would like to have a character with a shield build so that i could make it someday. but i agree with Rumstein, the people who go through the process of making a legendary shield are probably going to be the people who actually use them, since they're not popular enough to sell on TP.

#8 lmaonade

lmaonade

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1122 posts
  • Location:That one place with the thing
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

View PostGilles VI, on 06 January 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

Any warrior I grouped with clearing dungeons used axe/sword/GS/hammer/rifle, engineers use p/p or rifle and ofcourse kits.
I would not know what to use shield for in dungeons/fractals tbh.

In tPvP shield for engineer is awesome but in PvE..?

I use shield for engineer in PvE because it looks cool :D

#9 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3311 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

View Postlmaonade, on 06 January 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

I use shield for engineer in PvE because it looks cool :D


Haha, well in my eyes effectiveness comes first ^^ (for fractals/dungeons anyway)

#10 Riaky

Riaky

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Location:USA
  • Guild Tag:[ASC]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

It's a risk to make the shield to sell for profits. People would rather spend their hard earned gold on their main weapons than the offhand.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users