Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

legendary profits?


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Icey Dragon

Icey Dragon

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Hey, anyone knows which legendary you will make profit of? if you make it?

#2 FinalChaos

FinalChaos

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 9 posts
  • Location:Behind you.
  • Guild Tag:[RS]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Why would you want to sell a Legendary for profit? o.O The only reason you would really get one is to show how rich you are. My guess would be on Twilight/Sunrise anyways.

Edited by FinalChaos, 06 January 2013 - 06:55 PM.


#3 Icey Dragon

Icey Dragon

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

View PostFinalChaos, on 06 January 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

Why would you want to sell a Legendary for profit? o.O The only reason you would really get one is to show how rich you are. My guess would be on Twilight/Sunrise anyways.
profit, to buy a new one and still have cash left

#4 rotsono

rotsono

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 84 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DD]
  • Server:Elona Reach

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Twilight /Sunrise/Bolt/Bifrost its atm decent profit (like 500g+) but with next patches probably not worth anymore cuz of the maybe new precursor hunt and the fact that ppl allrdy know that you can make decent profit.

#5 bassanguy

bassanguy

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

there will be always much profit, since u have to grind the other shit too, that is what u really pay^^
for, only craft the "famous" things, like staff and gs and so on, noboy is going to pay you your work for a legandary warhorn etc...

#6 Icey Dragon

Icey Dragon

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

View Postbassanguy, on 07 January 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

there will be always much profit, since u have to grind the other shit too, that is what u really pay^^
for, only craft the "famous" things, like staff and gs and so on, noboy is going to pay you your work for a legandary warhorn etc...

but if you count the cost of all items.. like would i be able to buy ALL the materials for the cash?

#7 bassanguy

bassanguy

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

http://calculator.bravevesperia.com/
example : crafting cost for bifrost : 1000g, average selling price 2200g = 1870g without listing fee = 870g win :)

#8 axhed

axhed

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

is it really worth farming 1000000 karma for 870g?

#9 rotsono

rotsono

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 84 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DD]
  • Server:Elona Reach

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

YES! cuz its just the easiest part of the legendary weapon.

#10 Shana

Shana

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

View Postaxhed, on 09 January 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

is it really worth farming 1000000 karma for 870g?

ehmm yes?
If we were just talking 1,000,000 karma for 870g that is 8.7c per karma.
A Dynamic event in cursed shore gives ~390 karma
390*8.7c = 33.93silver per event. Without boosts.
Dungeons give 1200 (3 drops)+ 1800 = 2.61gold per dungeon run. Again without boosts.
Daily gives 4500 = 3.915gold for simply doing the daily achievements. Again without boosts.
Monthly gives 45000 = 39.15gold. Again without boosts.

The badges of honor take about a month of running Jumping puzzles in WvW for like 25 mins a day.
The skill points you can get a bunch doing dungeon runs which net you a lot of karma.
World Exploration you should already have a spare if you made your first legendary.

I would easily trade all that for 870g.

Edited by Shana, 09 January 2013 - 07:21 PM.


#11 axhed

axhed

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

lol okie doke... i'll keep that in mind for 2014 when i might have a shot at it.

#12 Lucas Ashrock

Lucas Ashrock

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Banned
  • 1000 posts
  • Location:Asia, always around

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Make a sense, but not so many legendaries are at the senseful 870g accepting we can monetarize karma

Edited by Lucas Ashrock, 09 January 2013 - 09:29 PM.


#13 Donpablo

Donpablo

    Fahrar Cub

  • New Members
  • 11 posts
  • Location:TX
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[Hell]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

View Postaxhed, on 09 January 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

is it really worth farming 1000000 karma for 870g?

Keep in mind, there are a few things that are account bound that you cannot buy.
The Gift of exploration from map completion
the Gift of Battle from 500 badges of honor
the Mystic Clovers are account bound, and though many of the parts can be bought, you have to have all the skill points to buy the pholospoher's stones or crystals to make them.
So you'll need to factor in the time to get all of this stuff to your calculation.

If on the other hand, you are super rich and looking to buy one only to flip it for a higher price, though I personally don't resepct the role of the non-contributing middle man making a profit, if you can afford it and want to take that chance, that's your business

Edited by Donpablo, 09 January 2013 - 09:52 PM.


#14 Mozzy

Mozzy

    Fahrar Cub

  • New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

I think the biggest challenge is largely the odd 350 skillpoints required, give or take, perhaps more if you want to convert some t5 to t6 (save quite a fair amount on poison and elaborate totems) etc, and even upgrading cores to lodestones.  The karma as well, it is no small feat. Gold on the otherhand, is something that is relatively easy to obtain. I don't see myself putting in the blood, sweat and tears to grind karma and sp, only to sell it off regardless of profit.  and for those legendaries that may fetch you sufficient money to perhaps purchase 1.5 or 2x lesser legendaries, consider both that the price is such due to certain components, like overpriced precursor/charged lodestones for example. and also that even though legendaries may be listed upwards of 2,5k it does not  necessarily mean that it will sell, and consider the deposit, and the most inevitible situation where you have to relist when you have a couple folks undercutting you.

#15 Riaky

Riaky

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Location:USA
  • Guild Tag:[ASC]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

View PostMozzy, on 12 January 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

I think the biggest challenge is largely the odd 350 skillpoints required, give or take, perhaps more if you want to convert some t5 to t6 (save quite a fair amount on poison and elaborate totems) etc, and even upgrading cores to lodestones.  The karma as well, it is no small feat. Gold on the otherhand, is something that is relatively easy to obtain. I don't see myself putting in the blood, sweat and tears to grind karma and sp, only to sell it off regardless of profit.  and for those legendaries that may fetch you sufficient money to perhaps purchase 1.5 or 2x lesser legendaries, consider both that the price is such due to certain components, like overpriced precursor/charged lodestones for example. and also that even though legendaries may be listed upwards of 2,5k it does not  necessarily mean that it will sell, and consider the deposit, and the most inevitible situation where you have to relist when you have a couple folks undercutting you.

If you have multiple legendary, the hardest thing is gift of exploration since you need to do that on more than one character.

#16 matsif

matsif

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

View PostRiaky, on 13 January 2013 - 07:22 AM, said:

If you have multiple legendary, the hardest thing is gift of exploration since you need to do that on more than one character.

you get 2 from map completion per character.  Why anyone would want more than 2 legendaries is beyond me, I'm having enough trouble trying to get the gold for 1 (have all token and skillpoint items and have enough karma saved up for the rest of my shards).


View PostMozzy, on 12 January 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

I think the biggest challenge is largely the odd 350 skillpoints required, give or take, perhaps more if you want to convert some t5 to t6 (save quite a fair amount on poison and elaborate totems) etc, and even upgrading cores to lodestones.  The karma as well, it is no small feat.  Gold on the otherhand, is something that is relatively easy to obtain.

skill points are easy to come across while doing map completion.  Karma is easy to come across by dungeon running and dailies/monthlies (I personally have 500k karma saved up in jugs/vials right now).  Gold is by far the hardest thing to make unless you know how to play the TP or buy gems.  100g for icy runestones, about 175g in t6 mats last time I did the math, 100-200+g in lodestones, ridiculous precursor prices for the most part (unless you are going for the warhorn or something), etc.  For someone who struggles with finding markets to make cash in by playing the TP, something like 400g for a precursor is daunting enough.  Now throw in the rest of the costs, and it's definitely gold that is the hardest to come across.

#17 Lucas Ashrock

Lucas Ashrock

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Banned
  • 1000 posts
  • Location:Asia, always around

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

It's ok, he's a rare cool guy with 3 legendaries and 2 more next days :D
Yup, mostly, all rotate around the gold you have, nowadays. Karma is easy going.
Hey, do you have a good credit card maybe with a deep saving inside? :D /sarcasm off

Edited by Lucas Ashrock, 13 January 2013 - 08:37 PM.


#18 horheristo

horheristo

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

I'm totally steamed out by farming karma.

So far my biggest hurdle, 100% world completion and sp are too damn easy.
I can go on and prove a point that I can get all legendaries, but god I think there are actually more games out there and a gym I need to visit too.

Won't sell my legendary for 1000g profit even.
But it's probably just me.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users