Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Legendary Stats


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hennet

Hennet

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

I am rather upset about the stats on the legendary items. Why is it that the rifle (The Hunter) goes from Berserker's stats (one of the best on a dps warrior) to Soldier's stats?

Anyone tried Transmuting it to different stats and does it screw up the weapon at all?

#2 Lurker14ownz

Lurker14ownz

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 110 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VexX]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

transmuting changes the color to exotic, like adding a sigil will add bloodlust at the end for example.

#3 Scizzor

Scizzor

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 59 posts
  • Location:US
  • Guild Tag:[EG]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostLurker14ownz, on 07 January 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

transmuting changes the color to exotic, like adding a sigil will add bloodlust at the end for example.

Whaaaat. That's lame.. Not that anyone is looking at the name of the item but still not "Legendary" anymore.. Not cool.

#4 Magi

Magi

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 150 posts
  • Location:Canada
  • Guild Tag:[X]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

View PostScizzor, on 07 January 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:


Whaaaat. That's lame.. Not that anyone is looking at the name of the item but still not "Legendary" anymore.. Not cool.

I beg to differ. It was still required to forge the legendary before transmutation, so how is the item not a "legendary?" Your work isn't nullified by a fine transmutation stone.

Honestly, you shouldn't be forced to use a (potentially) sub-par stat spread on a legendary. I personally think they should allow you to choose the spread you so desire upon forging the weapon (or, perhaps, adopt the stats of the precursor on to the legendary, with many different precursor stat spreads). However, that's how the system currently works, so why shouldn't someone transmute the skin on to something else? I would caution you, though, because legendaries are set to have stats above those of the ascended tier, which is above the exotic tier. It is then, perhaps, a bit counter-productive to transmute the legendary on to a tier that is a full two levels behind.

#5 Doki20

Doki20

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2091 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

View PostMagi, on 07 January 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

I beg to differ. It was still required to forge the legendary before transmutation, so how is the item not a "legendary?" Your work isn't nullified by a fine transmutation stone.

Honestly, you shouldn't be forced to use a (potentially) sub-par stat spread on a legendary. I personally think they should allow you to choose the spread you so desire upon forging the weapon (or, perhaps, adopt the stats of the precursor on to the legendary, with many different precursor stat spreads). However, that's how the system currently works, so why shouldn't someone transmute the skin on to something else? I would caution you, though, because legendaries are set to have stats above those of the ascended tier, which is above the exotic tier. It is then, perhaps, a bit counter-productive to transmute the legendary on to a tier that is a full two levels behind.

Sorry, but the highlighted part is just pure wrong. Legendary weapons currently are on par in terms of stats as an exotic weapon. However there is a new tier above exotic, namely ascended. Mind you, currently there are no ascended weapons available (fractal weapons are just exotic with new skins) but when they DO become available, all legendary weapons will be upgraded to have stats just as much as any ascended weapon would have. However the latter "upgrade" is said to not work if the given legendary was transmuted already as it "loses" it's "legendary status" via the process of transmutation. (though who knows if Anet didn't come up with a solution for the latter problem, though until they say it, just think that they didn't)

All in all: statwise exotic = legendary, WHEN ascended gets introduced exotic = exotic < legendary = ascended. So basicly he would only lose "1 tier progress" only, not two as you say it.

Edited by Doki20, 07 January 2013 - 07:36 PM.


#6 Magi

Magi

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 150 posts
  • Location:Canada
  • Guild Tag:[X]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

View PostDoki20, on 07 January 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

Sorry, but the highlighted part is just pure wrong. Legendary weapons currently are on par in terms of stats as an exotic weapon. However there is a new tier above exotic, namely ascended. Mind you, currently there are no ascended weapons available (fractal weapons are just exotic with new skins) but when they DO become available, all legendary weapons will be upgraded to have stats just as much as any ascended weapon would have. However the latter "upgrade" is said to not work if the given legendary was transmuted already as it "loses" it's "legendary status" via the process of transmutation. (though who knows if Anet didn't come up with a solution for the latter problem, though until they say it, just think that they didn't)

All in all: statwise exotic = legendary, WHEN ascended gets introduced exotic = exotic < legendary = ascended. So basicly he would only lose "1 tier progress" only, not two as you say it.

You essentially re-stated the majority of my post, after you said it was completely incorrect. I said that you should be careful transmuting because, when the new tiers are settled in, Legendaries will have stats above those of Exotics. By inference, it's obvious I was saying that the transmuted Legendaries would not get upgraded.

I thought, for some reason, that Legendaries would be a tier above Ascended. Probably because I interpreted "the Ascended tier will bridge the gap between the Exotic and Legendary tiers" as stat-related, and not time-investment-related, as they most likely meant. Thanks for your clarification.

#7 Doki20

Doki20

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2091 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PostMagi, on 08 January 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

You essentially re-stated the majority of my post, after you said it was completely incorrect. I said that you should be careful transmuting because, when the new tiers are settled in, Legendaries will have stats above those of Exotics. By inference, it's obvious I was saying that the transmuted Legendaries would not get upgraded.
...

The only thing what I re-stated was that he shouldn't transmute it as it won't get upgraded which I wouldn't call as the "majority" of your post.

#8 Lucas Ashrock

Lucas Ashrock

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Banned
  • 1000 posts
  • Location:Asia, always around

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Which is perfectly true, i doubt will be any different.

#9 Scizzor

Scizzor

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 59 posts
  • Location:US
  • Guild Tag:[EG]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

View PostMagi, on 07 January 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

I beg to differ. It was still required to forge the legendary before transmutation, so how is the item not a "legendary?" Your work isn't nullified by a fine transmutation stone.

Honestly, you shouldn't be forced to use a (potentially) sub-par stat spread on a legendary. I personally think they should allow you to choose the spread you so desire upon forging the weapon (or, perhaps, adopt the stats of the precursor on to the legendary, with many different precursor stat spreads). However, that's how the system currently works, so why shouldn't someone transmute the skin on to something else? I would caution you, though, because legendaries are set to have stats above those of the ascended tier, which is above the exotic tier. It is then, perhaps, a bit counter-productive to transmute the legendary on to a tier that is a full two levels behind.

Actually your work is nullified partially, because as other posters have stated here, if they upgrade Legendary stats when Ascended weapons are released your item won't be upgraded because it is only "Exotic" -- Which was the point of my post.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users