• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Good attributes for leveling warrior in a dungeon?

attributes leveling warrior dungeon

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Silmano

Silmano

Pale Tree Seedling

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

I’ve tried yesterday AC in story mode with my leveling warrior (actual level 38) and find it quite difficult. I’m actually geared mainly with power/precision gear with some toughness and vitality and I found myself hitting the ground hard in almost every pull. I went with this equipment/build

I know the party and the dungeon knowledge/behaviour are great factors to success, but right know I would like to know how can I improve my character so I can help the party more (not dying so much should be a great improvement). Should I change my equipment/traits to a more defensive ones (such as defensive traits with toughness+vitality armor)?

#2 Hopus

Hopus

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Try using a greatsword. Hammer with all cripples and stuns might attract aggro and since you are a little on the squishy side at the moment, that might improve your survivability quite a bit.

Greatsword 3 can be used to dodge damage, "2" pulls out some nice burst and you will be mobile with "3" and "5" combined when it is necessary.
When you get aggro from multiple mobs, roll out of the melee range, and hopefully mobs will switch target. then you can "3" or "5" instantly to get back into combat again.

#3 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3271 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostSilmano, on 09 January 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

I’ve tried yesterday AC in story mode with my leveling warrior (actual level 38) and find it quite difficult. I’m actually geared mainly with power/precision gear with some toughness and vitality and I found myself hitting the ground hard in almost every pull. I went with this equipment/build

I know the party and the dungeon knowledge/behaviour are great factors to success, but right know I would like to know how can I improve my character so I can help the party more (not dying so much should be a great improvement). Should I change my equipment/traits to a more defensive ones (such as defensive traits with toughness+vitality armor)?

Is it your first character?
If so, don't be surprised you have a hard time, dungeons are meant to be the hardest content in the game. :)

Tips if you have a hard time, go more Toughness/Vitality way, this includes your traits, and try having atleast 1 ranged (longbow/rifle) weapon, so when you get hammered you can get out of the heat and still be usefull.

Other than that it's experience, my warrior is full Power/Precision/Crit damage in armor, weapons, jewels & traits and I can do AC without even getting downed. :)

Don't give up, just go again, and try to change your playstyle.

Edited by Gilles VI, 09 January 2013 - 03:47 PM.

#4 Silmano

Silmano

Pale Tree Seedling

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostHopus, on 09 January 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

Try using a greatsword. Hammer with all cripples and stuns might attract aggro and since you are a little on the squishy side at the moment, that might improve your survivability quite a bit.
Does CC skills generate more aggro than normal ones? I usually go with greatsword on PvE, but I swapped to Hammer to have more CC in the dungeon.

View PostGilles VI, on 09 January 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

Is it your first character?
If so, don't be surprised you have a hard time, dungeons are meant to be the hardest content in the game.
Thanks for the tips. It really is my first character and I didn't knew dungeons are the most difficult things (I thought some Vistas where difficult :P).

I will try to get some more toughness/vitality gear to be able to breathe a little more and see if I can find a decent party to be able to complete the dungeon. BTW, how much does it take to clear the dungeon? Wiping a lot, we wasted like 1 hour and a half untill we could reach Ralena and Vassar.

#5 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3271 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostSilmano, on 09 January 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

Thanks for the tips. It really is my first character and I didn't knew dungeons are the most difficult things (I thought some Vistas where difficult :P).

I will try to get some more toughness/vitality gear to be able to breathe a little more and see if I can find a decent party to be able to complete the dungeon. BTW, how much does it take to clear the dungeon? Wiping a lot, we wasted like 1 hour and a half untill we could reach Ralena and Vassar.

Ah you did story, well story is meant to be easier, but for now, alot of people find the story mode in AC to actually be harder than the explorable mode (hard mode).. :P

I once did Story mode with a full experienced team, and we did it without wiping in around 40 minutes.
Explorable paths in AC (with a pro team) can be done in under 20 minutes.. :)

Are you on a europe server? If so I can take you on some AC runs, so you get the experience with a good team.

Edited by Gilles VI, 09 January 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#6 Straegen

Straegen

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Unless you are sold on melee skills give the ranged weapons a try. Kiting is by far the best defense in GW2 for all classes. Oddly the warrior probably has the best set of longbow skills in the game much better than the ranger. The rifle for single target can spike very good damage as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: attributes, leveling, warrior, dungeon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users