• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

If uninstalled the client will i have to download the whole game again?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 coolbapin

coolbapin

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

guys i need your help.. if i uninstall the client.. will i have to download the game again or i could save the files which i have downloaded and use it .

#2 Reverse Ghost

Reverse Ghost

Horrors Persist

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 201 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

There's really no need to uninstall anything. Guild Wars 2 comprises of just 2 main files: Gw2.dat and Gw2.exe. As long as you have those two in the same folder you can move them anywhere and still run the game. They will automatically populate whatever folder they're in with a few more files that the game uses.

Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

#3 typographie

typographie

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LAW]

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

View Postcoolbapin, on 09 January 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

guys i need your help.. if i uninstall the client.. will i have to download the game again or i could save the files which i have downloaded and use it .

Did you already "uninstall" it, as in delete the Guild Wars 2 directory and its files? If so, then yes, you'd have to download it again. If you just want to move the GW2 installation and haven't deleted anything yet, yes, you can just click and drag to move the folder wherever you like.

Guild Wars doesn't run an "installer," per se; you only download and run the .exe file and it maintains its .dat file. So its directory is not important and moving it won't "break it" as it often will with other programs on Windows. As long as the .exe and .dat files are in a folder together, it should work fine.

Moving Gw2.exe will, however, break any shortcuts you have to it. So if you use any, just re-make them or edit their target paths so they point to the right place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users