#31 Matthew Browne

Matthew Browne

Golem Rider

• Site Contributors
  • 3173 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

Wow, this has been long dead.

Anyway, what do you guys think about the new 'mega evolutions'?

• Mega Pokemon are a new feature introduced in XY.
  • Currently only six Mega Evolutions are known: Mega Mewtwo, Mega Blaziken, Mega Lucario, Mega Mawile, Mega Ampharos and Mega Absol.
  • They seem to be super-charged versions of the Pokemon they transform from: Their look, stats, ability and sometimes type alter between the transformation.
  • Not all Pokemon are going to receive a Mega Evolution.
  • Mega Evolutions are only temporary and happen only during battle. After battle the Pokemon reverts.
  • Mega Evolutions also require a specific Mega Stone for each Pokemon to evolve aswell as specific conditions to be met which have yet to be detailed. Regarding the Mega Stones, for example, Mega Blaziken needs Blazikenite and Mega Lucario needs Lucarionite.
  • Blazikenite cannot be found in normal gameplay, as such, Torchic will be giving away through Wi-Fi starting October 12th holding the Blazikenite which is needed to unlock Mega Blaziken in the game.

Sauce.

#32 Corsair

Corsair

Is trivia

• Super Moderators
  • 5469 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:03 AM

Unless it gets banned in tournament play I think it could find some interesting use there. Other than that it's another way to go OP team build in PvE.

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum

Have a moderation related issue or just want to chat? Send me a PM.

Gipsy Danger reporting for duty!

#33 Edge

Edge

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1117 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CORP]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

I think it was to be expected. If they're running out of ideas for new Pokemon then the next best thing was to add another tier to existing ones. Designs aside, I think it's definitely going to make online play more fun. Right now the competitive scene has always been kind of hard to access for people unfamiliar with how values work in the game. This is going to mix it up a bit and create some new unexpected combinations. Though in a month it'll probably settle down and work how it always has, where the best Pokemon simply remain the best.

In other news, the game has shaped up lovely since the reveal in January :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users