Anyway, what do you guys think about the new 'mega evolutions'?
- Mega Pokemon are a new feature introduced in XY.
- Currently only six Mega Evolutions are known: Mega Mewtwo, Mega Blaziken, Mega Lucario, Mega Mawile, Mega Ampharos and Mega Absol.
- They seem to be super-charged versions of the Pokemon they transform from: Their look, stats, ability and sometimes type alter between the transformation.
- Not all Pokemon are going to receive a Mega Evolution.
- Mega Evolutions are only temporary and happen only during battle. After battle the Pokemon reverts.
- Mega Evolutions also require a specific Mega Stone for each Pokemon to evolve aswell as specific conditions to be met which have yet to be detailed. Regarding the Mega Stones, for example, Mega Blaziken needs Blazikenite and Mega Lucario needs Lucarionite.
- Blazikenite cannot be found in normal gameplay, as such, Torchic will be giving away through Wi-Fi starting October 12th holding the Blazikenite which is needed to unlock Mega Blaziken in the game.