• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Terios

Terios

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

How do you counter a D/D cantrip ele who you burst down to so low and once on your C/Ds just heals to full Over, and over, and over! as a shatter mesmer.

Edited by Terios, 10 January 2013 - 07:03 PM.

#2 Skyro

Skyro

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Your question is a bit too broad don't you think? What issues are you having in particular? Landing your burst? I will say that in an open field if the Ele wants to stay alive he will stay alive and that the best way to kill an ele is when he is being aggressive and trying to DPS you down. It sort of becomes a cat-and-mouse thing of baiting cooldowns and dodges and such. One of the more dynamic 1v1 match-ups IMO.

If you're guarding backpoint like most Mesmers it's also, IMO, nearly impossible to keep an Ele from neutralizing the point unless they are careless and let you get off multiple bursts off on them. As a Mesmer you kind of need the open space to kite D/D Eles to stay alive otherwise they will wear you down while you try to stay on the point.

#3 Matron

Matron

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ZB]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostSkyro, on 10 January 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

One of the more dynamic 1v1 match-ups IMO.

Absolutely! A good ele like Zoose keeps me humble.

Something to look for when fighting an ele, and it almost always happens on que.

After you successfully land a burst (generally you will need to take about 30-40% of their health) expect the switch to earth attunement. Armor of earth and Glyph of Elemental Harmony stack several buffs on the ele including protection, stability, and regeneration. They will generally pop this right after a clean shatter spike; and who can blame them. However, if you are equipped with Arcane Thievery you can take the majority of their extremely effective boons directly when they cast them. Also watch for a heal and try to interrupt with diversion. If you use 'Illussionary Persona' and 'Shattered Concentration' all of this becomes much easier. Keeping an ele boon free seems to be the most effective meta counter atm.

I can't stress the importance and benefits from running Arcane Thievery, its a game changing skill for the mesmer.

Good Luck

#4 noggger

noggger

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

View PostMatron, on 11 January 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

if you are equipped with Arcane Thievery you can take the majority of their extremely effective boons directly when they cast them.

I can't stress the importance and benefits from running Arcane Thievery, its a game changing skill for the mesmer.

Good Luck

indeed! i found AT extremly useful against d/d eles in particular (stability, reg AND protection if youre lucky) but also for necros (transfer back blood is power bleeds), ranger immobilize etc., etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users