• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1132 replies to this topic

#481 ProfGast

ProfGast

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Any score update? Yesterday this was about the time RG started really swinging...

Edited by unraveled, 24 January 2013 - 01:41 PM.
Removed reference to deleted content.

#482 MrZero

MrZero

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1086 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostBhanshei, on 22 January 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

See this is why you don't argue with a dummie....they don't know there dumb!  

I was asking from the competition standpoint... I don't recall in any servers/guilds really going after that number one spot to challenge them.  If so it would have been interesting to see how they would have done if it had not been done.

Thanks for the answer!  =)

I'm not sure who you are calling a dummy. You have to understand that everyone can only speak in detail on issues form their own point of view. The question you are answering is very complex actually. Some servers, like BG and IOJ have been recruiting since launch at least. I'll try though.

I am a recent transfer to JQ so I don't really know what kind of effort they made internally. I know internally, SBI knew they had a weak spot in the EU time slot. It became incredibly evident when TA broke up and we faced JQ with only token forces from HOD. HOD was winning matches but it's not like they were steam rolling. Even the players from there will tell you that if they are handling the subject with the least amount of honesty. They had superior coverage in the Oceanic and EU time zones. It's where the whole PvDoor lingo came from. SBI tried to get EU and more Oceanic but nobody wanted to come over. It was because the game was so new and people really didn't understand what having superior coverage meant.

Coverage also means that your players don't have to spend 12 out of 6 hours in WvW. That burns people out. Variety is the spice of life and whatever cliche you want to use. This was another issue that most people didn't realize. I know there are members in SF that realized just that. We were getting burned out map hopping and doing ONLY WvW every night. The quality of WvW we were doing also entailed us having our A gamefaces on the entire time. This made our A game slip and the "fun factor" right along with it. Here at Strike Force Industries, we care about our employees well being.

The decision to move to JQ surprised us as much and anyone else. I mean, we knew we were going to move but the destination surprised us. We wanted a new home where we weren't going to be the only force people called on for help. We wanted a home where we could do things other than WVW and not feel guilty because we weren't there. The decision process was like this. We narrowed it down to 4 servers out of all of them by a blind popular vote. We then put out our feelers checking out how these servers felt. JQ was just a fit and weren't complete *s about it.

Anyway, HoD was a whole different animal. TA had enough people in that alliance to cover all maps in all time zones before there was even a server. Add in the people that had nothing to do with that alliance and you have what you could legitimately call a "stacked" server. The servers people are calling stacked, as they exist now, are a ridiculous parody of the coverage HoD had.

#483 Bhanshei

Bhanshei

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ATac]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

@Kreen - it was no troll...just a serious question.  At release I was on DB...far from the noise of what was going on in T1. I had no need to read the T1 threads so I didn't know the answer to the question I asked.  That is why i was  asking the question and not any other reason.  I'm not sure why people are trying to make it out to be more than that.

From SoS it is understood why you want transfers...the same reason we want them and everyone else who has a server recruit thread.  We all want to be better!  As you said "We are trying to protect our future here as much as we can so that we continue to have a strong core who want to WvW".  I don't think people are recruiting for timezone coverage for pve events so lets be honest here....we all recruit coverage for WvW....

@MrZero - nice post!

#484 J E R I C O

J E R I C O

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Agg]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostSwinkySwanky, on 22 January 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

Sorry but you sir are full of it.  Every day since the launch of the game?  Clearly your selective memory loss has kicked in; it was well known when PRX was on your server that guilds like Tsym and Agg and your Oceanics took nights off all the time because they didnt feel like raiding while the PTT and score would sink.  Lets not kid ourselves into thinking people stepped up on SoS until you guys managed to chase off one of the best guilds in this game because of the lack of effort by many SoS guilds, some of which still dont pull their weight (I hear Tsym still gets called out for this which is no surprise since any time I am on SoS they are never there putting in the hours you claim).  

However back on topic these have been amazing fights with the revamped JQ; wish the score didnt matter so we could just go slaughter each other without the drama though.

I can't speak for the others, but [agg] never took nights off when PRX was around. We didn't know about the "JP siege" until after PRX left the server.

Edited by Leyana, 22 January 2013 - 09:59 PM.
No

#485 Gully

Gully

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Guild Tag:[oPP]

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

View PostWotah, on 22 January 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

The first couple of hours into this I was thinking, "He's looking into my soul!"  But the last eight was just so, so. Until the end of the ninth hour, that was just amazing.  I honestly never saw it coming, it's craziness right there and made the whole 10 hours much more bearable.

I've had this playing in the background for a while, it's pretty badass... hahaha

#486 Kurthos

Kurthos

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Work]

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Sorry but you sir are full of it.  Every day since the launch of the game?  Clearly your selective memory loss has kicked in; it was well known when PRX was on your server that guilds like Tsym and Agg and your Oceanics took nights off all the time because they didnt feel like raiding while the PTT and score would sink.  Lets not kid ourselves into thinking people stepped up on SoS until you guys managed to chase off one of the best guilds in this game because of the lack of effort by many SoS guilds, some of which still dont pull their weight (I hear Tsym still gets called out for this which is no surprise since any time I am on SoS they are never there putting in the hours you claim).  

However back on topic these have been amazing fights with the revamped JQ; wish the score didnt matter so we could just go slaughter each other without the drama though.

SoS as a collective, has been putting in those kinds of hours. TSym has logged on at noon and played until midnight some days. I didn't say every day TSym is playing those hours, however without them we'd be in more dire situation (As in, this guild does plenty of great things for our server). Our oceanic guilds still have players online and rolling hard to cover the European timezone because we do not have players for that bracket as in what is going on today.

Since the launch of the game, some guilds, such as my own and others that play with us are still playing the long hours we did on Dragonbrand. This is what we're used to. This is how we play.

I assume this is an anonymous PRX poster, I'll not respond to further trolling as you're better than that.

Edited by Kurthos, 22 January 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#487 Jedbacca

Jedbacca

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SF]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Kurthos, I'm looking to recruit more commanders so I can have a commander zerg.  So far I have ~25 commanders, we're gonna go out and zerg one day I promise.  Anyway, I explain this because like Coron you are welcome to apply at www.strikeforceguild.com as well.  We are willing to WORK, see what I did there, with anyone!  We welcome friends and family of guildies as well.  I'll PM you after I finish reviewing Coron's application, a couple things seem pretty shady so far...  Also, I don't think you even want to look at Jerico's app.

#488 Kurthos

Kurthos

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Work]

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

I was actually going to make an application, but enjin keeps going down :(

#489 Kreen

Kreen

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Oreo]

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostBhanshei, on 22 January 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

@Kreen - it was no troll...just a serious question.  At release I was on DB...far from the noise of what was going on in T1. I had no need to read the T1 threads so I didn't know the answer to the question I asked.  That is why i was  asking the question and not any other reason.  I'm not sure why people are trying to make it out to be more than that.

From SoS it is understood why you want transfers...the same reason we want them and everyone else who has a server recruit thread.  We all want to be better!  As you said "We are trying to protect our future here as much as we can so that we continue to have a strong core who want to WvW".  I don't think people are recruiting for timezone coverage for pve events so lets be honest here....we all recruit coverage for WvW....

@MrZero - nice post!

My apologies for thinking otherwise, sorry :)

Yes I agree, we all recruit for WvW primarily. PvE takes care of itself really.

#490 SwinkySwanky

SwinkySwanky

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[MH]

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

View PostKurthos, on 22 January 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

SoS as a collective, has been putting in those kinds of hours. TSym has logged on at noon and played until midnight some days. I didn't say every day TSym is playing those hours, however without them we'd be in more dire situation (As in, this guild does plenty of great things for our server). Our oceanic guilds still have players online and rolling hard to cover the European timezone because we do not have players for that bracket as in what is going on today.

Since the launch of the game, some guilds, such as my own and others that play with us are still playing the long hours we did on Dragonbrand. This is what we're used to. This is how we play.

I assume this is an anonymous PRX poster, I'll not respond to further trolling as you're better than that.

Sorry Kurthos but I am a long time SoS guy.  Believe it or not, it is possible to admire and respect an enemy guild.  Am I a PRX fan boy?  Heck yeah!  Would I leave SoS for them though?  Nah I cant put in the hours those crazy kids do.

#491 Jedbacca

Jedbacca

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

View PostKurthos, on 22 January 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

I was actually going to make an application, but enjin keeps going down :(

Ahh, Enjin is back up, and according to your app...I don't know if that is allowed in the United States, and the answer to question 7 you had about the guild, that's a no.  Question 2…ehhh maybe, but I have to be drunk.  I guess approved overall, you’re going to have to detag and I’ll give you your SF tags when I get home.

#492 wondowondo

wondowondo

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

View PostJedbacca, on 22 January 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

Ahh, Enjin is back up, and according to your app...I don't know if that is allowed in the United States, and the answer to question 7 you had about the guild, that's a no.  Question 2…ehhh maybe, but I have to be drunk.  I guess approved overall, you’re going to have to detag and I’ll give you your SF tags when I get home.

LMAO why does all the funny stuff happen when i'm work and can't read the internets.

@coron i watched your stream the other night(sunday/monday i think), i'm so glad you pointed out "SF Shenanigans". We didn't have our full team transferred yet, about 12 total on JQ BL and we were definitely messing with you guys (aka single cata on fortified hills wall... ). It was making us giggle.

#493 MikeSr

MikeSr

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

I play from Oceanic 4 pm to North American prime time (East coast) non-stop. I can tell that once Oceanics go to bed, SoS only has enough ppl to cap 90% SoS BL and hold their own in EB (sometimes we lose it there).

But once our American folks start logging in, we start to compete in other maps as well. Then I log off, with my eyes hurting and my body tired - but I know we have endured our darkest hours of the day and our PPT will only increase from now.

If JQ is getting more transfers, then I am happy. I want the match to be decided during final 2 or 3 hours during reset. Match ending by Wednesday is lame. If JQ is getting more ppl during EU, then so be it. We will try to endure during that phase and push on our stronger time zones.

(I miss playing with all the people I know from SBI, feeling kinda homesick at SoS :( )

#494 MrZero

MrZero

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1086 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

View PostMikeSr, on 22 January 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

I play from Oceanic 4 pm to North American prime time (East coast) non-stop. I can tell that once Oceanics go to bed, SoS only has enough ppl to cap 90% SoS BL and hold their own in EB (sometimes we lose it there).

But once our American folks start logging in, we start to compete in other maps as well. Then I log off, with my eyes hurting and my body tired - but I know we have endured our darkest hours of the day and our PPT will only increase from now.

If JQ is getting more transfers, then I am happy. I want the match to be decided during final 2 or 3 hours during reset. Match ending by Wednesday is lame. If JQ is getting more ppl during EU, then so be it. We will try to endure during that phase and push on our stronger time zones.

(I miss playing with all the people I know from SBI, feeling kinda homesick at SoS :( )

A match like that hasn't happened since one day matches

#495 Killminusnine

Killminusnine

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

I remember a particularly annoying member of PRX accusing other guilds of slacking... but those guilds were definitely putting in huge hours to support the server.  Ironically, that was the week that PRX slacked off... the hilarity of it all is unreal.

Are you PRX folks not allowed to wear tags on the forums at all?

#496 Bodyshot Hero

Bodyshot Hero

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

View PostMrZero, on 22 January 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

I am a recent transfer to JQ so I don't really know what kind of effort they made internally.

JQ as a server started out pretty decently full, but to be honest, until now, JQ has been in an almost constant decline. For the longest time, JQ got very few transfers, partially because of our definite internal problems, If anyone remembers Menaace, he was really only a   part of it. but at the same time, we had numerous guilds who liked to stir up trouble not in a really antagonistic/egotistical kind of way like Menaace, but more in just a poking fun at others type of way, that often made the server seem pretty hostile. There was a lot of drama as well with a commander called Calewyne (A.K.A. CaleWHINE) and the server was generally pretty fractured. Since then, the server has matured quite a bit, losing some of these player and guilds. Unfortunately, some of them were really solid players and losing them was really a blow in WvW that put us into something of a rut for a while.

Also, i think that you only have to look at the score of this match to see if JQ is really "stacked". Sure we now have the players and guilds to dominate a particular timezone, but like Zero said, this is nothing compared to the coverage exhibited by HoD in their hayday. From at least this week, it seems as if WvW will remain rather competitive. JQ certainly doesn't have the numbers to be complacent at the moment and despite blackgate being in 3rd, they are only behind by a fairly small margin, and remain a consistent threat on maps where they have a presence.

#497 CarelessKrow

CarelessKrow

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AoS]

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

HoD's TA days doesn't compare at all to the current day's fighting. WvW has changed so much in the past few months.

#498 LavaSquid

LavaSquid

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 452 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[----]

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

It is a strange feeling...when my allies today were my enemy for the past few months, no words can describe how happy I am when we can still work together and achieve something on the map.

Hello JQ! Nice to meet you all :D

#499 EvilSinzGW2

EvilSinzGW2

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PUG]

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

View PostKillminusnine, on 22 January 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

I remember a particularly annoying member of PRX accusing other guilds of slacking... but those guilds were definitely putting in huge hours to support the server.  Ironically, that was the week that PRX slacked off... the hilarity of it all is unreal.

Are you PRX folks not allowed to wear tags on the forums at all?

PRX continually cried about other guilds and constantly whined when something didn't go their way.  Sugar coat it all you want.  Are they a good guild?  Why yes but not nearly as uber as they'd like everyone to believe.

#500 Cirus

Cirus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

View PostMrZero, on 22 January 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

A match like that hasn't happened since one day matches

Actually a match like that happened in December, you probably wouldn't remember because your server wasn't involved, it was between Sea of Sorrows and Jade Quarry.

#501 MonsterDemon

MonsterDemon

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

View PostEvilSinzGW2, on 23 January 2013 - 02:55 AM, said:

PRX continually cried about other guilds and constantly whined when something didn't go their way.  Sugar coat it all you want.  Are they a good guild?  Why yes but not nearly as uber as they'd like everyone to believe.

PRX is not as good as they used to be.  They probably knows it and thus having to jump onto a server that is already a tier 1.  They used to be able to go to lower tiers and bring them up.  Now, they must hop onto a server that is top 2 ranked.  I'm contemplating on moving over to a very low tier server like Kaineng to prove that militia power can help it achieve top 2 tiers. LOL.

#502 lollasaurus

lollasaurus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

I would never have thought a guild that has less then half their active memberbase transferred to a new server would be as high and mighty as they use to be.  Strong logic ITT.  

PRX in full force use to easily control a map on their own with the usual pugs here and there. I'm sure once they've all transferred over they'll try hard to live up to your expectations :zip:

#503 Vanu4life

Vanu4life

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • Guild Tag:[URS]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

This could only get better if Freelancer and RUIN came back and joined SoS.

#504 GoGoGhosty

GoGoGhosty

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Tsym]

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

Epic hour long 3 way fight in SM. No one force was strong enough to push the other 2 out, so it just kept going back and forth constantly. I will never forgive you JQ for backdooring us and forcing us to bail out of the fun that was SM :(

#505 Cirus

Cirus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

View PostMrZero, on 22 January 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

The part that humors me is, JQ is so powerful now they are running away with the match AMIRTIE?

SOS 132k, +210
JQ 109k, +245
BG 99K, +240

Oops

+6000 points to JQ in the past 10 hours, with still more guilds to stack on JQ.

#506 MonsterDemon

MonsterDemon

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

View PostVanu4life, on 23 January 2013 - 04:03 AM, said:

This could only get better if Freelancer and RUIN came back and joined SoS.

LOL.  Definitely right on that.  This time, they'll have Oceanic coverage which ET seems to lack back then...

#507 Super Sic

Super Sic

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

View PostMrZero, on 22 January 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

The part that humors me is, JQ is so powerful now they are running away with the match AMIRTIE?

SOS 132k, +210
JQ 109k, +245
BG 99K, +240

Oops

I'd be very surprised if it stayed like this to be honest. Monday can't come soon enough.

#508 Familiar

Familiar

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CHAO]

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

Further shenanigans tonight. Had to cut short due to that obnoxious need to sleep and work.

#509 Vanu4life

Vanu4life

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • Guild Tag:[URS]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

View PostSuper Sic, on 23 January 2013 - 04:22 AM, said:

I thought TL has transferred to Kaineng already?

They did

#510 Cirus

Cirus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

View PostCalmLittleBuddy, on 22 January 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

My point exactly form above. When we won, it was "Oh, we're on vacation."

Now it's "Oh see, JQ beat us once already! End of the world!"

We just copied SoS and got transfers.

It's probably going to be even numbers.

AND look at Blackgate! Where's that dude that told me his server was DOOOMED!

Remember kids, there's a cap on every map. Bring 10,000 players to the fight it don't matter. What matters is who gets in and when. No more "oh JQ is stacked! Bad for WvW!" (implied. heavily implied). It's going to come down to shin kicking and boot licking in the end.

The first week of February when the dust clears, we'll have one solid indication IF any one server has the numbers advantage or coverage advantage. Then, throw everything out the window when WvW update comes.

Can't we just fight without all these qualifiers and caveats? Jeez guys. Play the game...

You haven't copied SoS, SoS received a dragonband community of transfers 3-4 months ago, this was to fill the gap in the non existent American coverage that SoS had. They came to rebuild something from scratch.

The influx of transfers to Jade Quarry has doubled the WvW guilds in every time slot of an already powerful server that was equal to Sea of Sorrows. Jade Quarry is now stacked and it will be very difficult for any server to compete with this. There is no accomplishment in winning if everyone is on the same team with no opponents to fight now is there? Without having an enemy to fight there isn't much to do in WvW. For the sake of the WvW competition, you've got to question whether everyone jumping onto the one server is healthy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users