4 replies to this topic

#1 Aodan

Aodan

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 1616 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

So, basically I'm not sure if Anet has put this on the back burner in order to polish their game further before really bringing it out into "esports" through Custom Arena, or if they really haven't even begun on it.

I was very hopeful through beta and into live that after Paid came out, instead of focusing on a horrible ranking/rating system and trying to get QP's to mean anything that they would at the very least release Custom Arena's so that the pvp community could take off and grow.

Event without an Obs mode or Spectator, players could still record or screenshot scores to submit to outside ladders/tournaments. This was how it was for many games back in the days of CAL for CS, DoD, HALO, and etc FPS games. Heck even League of Legends had early ladders outside of the game that used private rooms to set up scrims and ladders (a feature that was in the game from the start before Ranking was ever put in). Same with DOTA and DOTA2.

So why is, or in your feelings Anet putting such a lack of investment in the one feature that is needed so badly for competitive play in GW2?

Not just for Competitive play but this also affects newer/beginner players as well as this would help the "dueling" communities as well.

This feature is a huge one needed to see longevity for GW2, otherwise just like it is now, you will see a steady decline until you see a date for MATs/YATs and even then, you will only see a spike between.

I personally feel like this is a fail on Anet's part to put such a pivotal feature that has been promised on the back burner like they have.

Also the lack of communication on where this feature is on the board is very unsettling  It's one thing to use their catch phrase "when its ready" when building a game to release. It's another thing to use it after there has been plenty of time to implement such a feature that really already has the ground work laid out and was operational before release.

#2 the butcher

the butcher

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

It'll be out in febr/march probably. Next week we'll have a blogpost. So we should just wait.

#3 Aodan

Aodan

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 1616 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

I was hoping to establish a bit before. In march I'll be shipping off for a year so, guess I'll have to see how GW2 pvp grows by then.

#4 Markwell

Markwell

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Arenanet fanboy here to save the day!
I personally think you will be able to pvp like a boss soon enough. Guild wars prophecies was also a bit unpolished, yet it grew into one of the greatest games of all time.

#5 FoxBat

FoxBat

Vigil Crusader

• Members
  • 3975 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

View PostMarkwell, on 12 January 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

Arenanet fanboy here to save the day!
I personally think you will be able to pvp like a boss soon enough. Guild wars prophecies was also a bit unpolished, yet it grew into one of the greatest games of all time.

It was very unpolished, but people actually played it regardless.

That GW2 has sold much better out of the gate, and yet it's pvp community is in such a state after only a few months.... it's not very encouraging.

Edited by FoxBat, 13 January 2013 - 05:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users