• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mofogie

mofogie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

Hi, I am about to finish my mes, i've spvp'd with it alot, but am going to reach 80 soon, and will be wvwing.

A bit bout my background: i am a very experienced thief and ranger, both in spvp and wvw.  My thief can pretty much kill anyone, anywhere, anytime in wvw.  It can pop into a group of 50 enemies, down and finish in 3 seconds, then pop out barely before stealth has ran out.  It can also do horrendous AoE damage with shortbow.  The Ranger, also can assasinate under special builds including a beastmaster and a longbow sniping build, though not nearly as effectively as the thief... however i use my ranger for killing siege.

I know mes has got to have some capabilities of this too, from my experience with it in spvp, maybe not as good as theif can do it, but to some degree also.  I am not trying to replace the thief, i just want to have the option of assasinating enemies with this class, on top of all its great utility.

so i ask the mes community, please show me, or recommend me footage or threads regarding assasination.  I don't want 1v1's, nor kills on lowbies or badly geared opponents, i want to see or read, how can you kill that fully geared player that thinks he's safe in his zerg of 50 people, down AND finish, ANd make it out alive.

in spvp use sword/torch alot to achieve this, but there's far fewer opponents.  WvW may be difficult for my playstyle if there's dozens of guys around.

thanks in advance.

i should clarify, down and finish MOST opponents.  obviously an ele with their no cooldown mist form on downstate is very difficult to finish in a zerg pack.   But many other classes, fair game: warrior, necro, ranger,engineer, even mesmers and thieves who dont react quick enough.

#2 Lemuux

Lemuux

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

make a thief for that....  i seen thief "troll" a 20 ppl zerg for over 30 mins (and by trolling i mean kill most of them), something a mesmer cant ever do...and for assassination...also a thief.

but..on to what you ask:

pick: portal, mirror image, and blink
spec full shatter, use portal at a safe distance, blink to your target, pop mirror image, use ilusionary leap, shatter and blurred frenzy at the same time, pop distortion, finish the guy off, and use portal again to go back to your starting point. ^^

that will kill 99% of glass cannons...and not only your target but everyone near to it will go down as well...

Edited by Lemuux, 14 January 2013 - 01:24 AM.

#3 Matron

Matron

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ZB]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Thief has much more stealth. Mesmer stealth is really for evasion or running away; it cant really be used as an initiative ploy.

As Lemuux said your basically not going to 100% - 0% like a thief but you can certainly spread massive damage on a cluster of players. 1v1 with mesmer is getting weaker by the patch but the support a mesmer provides is not. Running with a thief, ele, or necro (AOE) along side a mesmer will make you feel very powerful but certainly not specialized for that kind of combat like a thief.

#4 Mister Stygian

Mister Stygian

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

You can get a similar effect by pulling people out of zergs or running down people who think they are safe from yours.  Take sceptre/focus and sword/pistol as your two sets, blink in your slot skills, and 30 in dueling to get increased pistol range for magic bullet.  Blink/MagicBullet/Swap is going to to kill the guy that thinks he was at a safe distance.  Temporal curtain on focus will pull the warriors, rangers, and guardians that always sneak into the front thinking they will be safe to get back, and it also can rip people off castle walls.

I will run into zergs at the start of the fight as long as there is one behind me too.  Decoy and two or three distortions can keep you alive long enough to take down players and have people waste attacks on you before backing out with a blink.

#5 Izokka

Izokka

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostMister Stygian, on 14 January 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

You can get a similar effect by pulling people out of zergs or running down people who think they are safe from yours.  Take sceptre/focus and sword/pistol as your two sets, blink in your slot skills, and 30 in dueling to get increased pistol range for magic bullet.  Blink/MagicBullet/Swap is going to to kill the guy that thinks he was at a safe distance.  Temporal curtain on focus will pull the warriors, rangers, and guardians that always sneak into the front thinking they will be safe to get back, and it also can rip people off castle walls.

I will run into zergs at the start of the fight as long as there is one behind me too.  Decoy and two or three distortions can keep you alive long enough to take down players and have people waste attacks on you before backing out with a blink.

Sinse when magic bullet started to 1shoot people o.o?

#6 Wifflebottom

Wifflebottom

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SOL]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

You can run a confusion glamour build. They're less popular but you'll be inflicting mass confusion and see groups kill themselves fairly often.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users