• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 AssimilateThis

AssimilateThis

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

Post em here.  And for the love of god please don't say GC shatter, build is trash against anything semi organized that has the capability of focusing you down.

#2 RandolfRa

RandolfRa

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

View PostAssimilateThis, on 13 January 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

Post em here.  And for the love of god please don't say GC shatter, build is trash against anything semi organized that has the capability of focusing you down.
No it's not. In fact, if you are going to take say 3 enemies alone, you must be a glass cannon. If you don't have damage, they either keep healing each other or just run away. Or the fight takes so long they get backup. With high damage you can defeat even experienced players if you catch them by suprise. Maxium damage is also important when taking camps: if you don't take them fast enough, enemy defenders will arrive.
Thief-style glass cannon shatter is definitely the best solo roaming build for mesmer.

trash against anything semi organized
You aren't going to solo anything semi organised anyway, no matter what build you run. When you see such group, you stealth and blink away to the odd direction.

Edited by RandolfRa, 13 January 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#3 zaniix

zaniix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CO]
  • Server:Kaineng

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

I think if you are a roamer most of the time the GC shater is best sorry.

I happen to like Condition better, but I d not like to roam as much, I prefer large group support and harassment where I become a huge pain distracting people while they kill themselves.

#4 grimmson

grimmson

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

View PostRandolfRa, on 13 January 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

...In fact, if you are going to take say 3 enemies alone, you must be a glass cannon....

I beg to differ, high damage is important but you don't have to be a glass cannon to take on 3+ alone. I even would say that a GC is not as good as more tankier builds in those situations because with 3+ enemies you WILL get cced sometimes and with a gc that is very risky.

to op: my fav is condition shatter build. good damage, insane survivability, good group addition.

#5 SCLOBERNOCKER47

SCLOBERNOCKER47

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PURG]

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

I run a phantasm build and love it.
GS - Sw/Focus.

With rampager gear and reflective focus skills, the AoE is decimating,

http://gw2skills.net...hWAJFqWqVSBudhA

#6 Br0barian

Br0barian

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

This is great, so where are the builds????? All I see, GC this and Condi this

#7 kekuso

kekuso

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

Here's the condition build I'm running for roaming solo and with small groups in WvW:
http://gw2skills.net...G7MuZkzsKYYxeBA

Lovin the survivability with 3 stealth skills, 4 stun breaks, and 3 invuln skills (extra distortion at 50% hp).  Regularly defending supply camps against full parties and picking off the stragglers of enemy zergs. Confusion is just too good :)

Edited by kekuso, 27 January 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#8 Bonana

Bonana

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

View Postgrimmson, on 18 January 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:

I beg to differ, high damage is important but you don't have to be a glass cannon to take on 3+ alone. I even would say that a GC is not as good as more tankier builds in those situations because with 3+ enemies you WILL get cced sometimes and with a gc that is very risky.

to op: my fav is condition shatter build. good damage, insane survivability, good group addition.

I recently switched over to staff, and scepter/torch. Also raised my condition damage to 1600. I still sorta suck, and this combination takes some getting used to. I also miss my centaur runes, can't gain swiftness anymore (switched to undead runes).

Have any suggestions? I'd really like to solo more often, but I don't know what I should really spec for in a cond build. Was thinking, Condition, precision, and toughness.

#9 Mister Stygian

Mister Stygian

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

20 dueling 20 chaos 30 illusion is pretty standard for the weapon sets and runes you are using.   Take decoy, blink and arcane theivery in slot skills and mass invis for elite.   You are slow as hell, but you can own anyone that comes your way, and use your invisiblity and distortions to escape if you need it.  A Veteran Guard and myself have taken down a group of 6 using this in WvW-save your distortion for finishing.

There are several build similar to this, here is one someone has posted:
http://www.guildwars...nditionshatter/

Take shatters recharge at 50% instead of additional bounce, you can also swap out confusion lasts longer for distortion reflects.  Slot skills are entirely situational, but if you are roaming alone, I take the ones I mentioned above.

Edited by Mister Stygian, 28 January 2013 - 06:54 AM.

#10 AssimilateThis

AssimilateThis

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Using the 0-20-20-0-30 confusion shatter build, has anyone tried all the various weapon setups?

Im loving staff and scepter/torch for solo but am thinking of swapping in sword/focus for small group play.  Really easy to pull and confusion bomb that way.

#11 Ssens

Ssens

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

http://gw2skills.net...HLOOck4sKYAx DA

That's my wvw build.

With food and oil I have 63% crit chance and 82% CritDmg.

At good distance I often make 2k dmg each autoattack with GS. Also, Phantasmal Berserker makes a ton of damage.
Good survivability/support with Veil, Blink and Null Field.
It's a build to play very aggressive with and to go invis and force a target drop and come out blasting from invis is a great way to keep opponent under heavy pressure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users