106 replies to this topic

#91 Ohai_Xi

Ohai_Xi

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostSmokee, on 17 January 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

I havent faced PRX before, but from what I heard they are a relative big guild? HB has 110 members spread out between GMT / EST, and field an average of 20-25. I thought PRX were way bigger?

I agree that FoE is great opponents. Sadly we dont get to fight Agg much since they are a PST guild, but from what Ive seen when Ive stayed up late, they are doing very well.

Maybe a couple month ago, but last i saw they didnt get more than 40 out except reset which was about 60.
Seen you guys running 30 or more all week this week. Very solid guild who dont hesitate or second guess what youre doing.

#92 Smokee

Smokee

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HB]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

View PostOhai_Xi, on 17 January 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

Maybe a couple month ago, but last i saw they didnt get more than 40 out except reset which was about 60.
Seen you guys running 30 or more all week this week. Very solid guild who dont hesitate or second guess what youre doing.

We are not running around with 30+. I wish we did :( Reset nigth, and saturday evening were the online times we had those kind of numbers.

#93 Teeliee

Teeliee

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VoTF]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostHeru, on 17 January 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Can't you come to T1 and fight RG for a week? Like pointed out before, the major deciding factor for which tier a server ends up in is coverage. RG is a European guild that plays during european primetime. While they might be able to get some fights against american guilds during the weekend, when people can start early/stay up late, the rest of the weekend they would probably be left fighting a few puggies while the majority of the american players are still in school/uni/working. Transferring to SoS they would at least be guaranteed a fight against HB during their primetime.

RG plays on the EU server Piken Square (T4 soon T3), not on a US server.

Edited by Teeliee, 17 January 2013 - 01:51 PM.

#94 Jabtangs

Jabtangs

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Guild Tag:[WM]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

View PostHeru, on 17 January 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Can't you come to T1 and fight RG for a week? Like pointed out before, the major deciding factor for which tier a server ends up in is coverage. RG is a European guild that plays during european primetime. While they might be able to get some fights against american guilds during the weekend, when people can start early/stay up late, the rest of the weekend they would probably be left fighting a few puggies while the majority of the american players are still in school/uni/working. Transferring to SoS they would at least be guaranteed a fight against HB during their primetime.

so RG transferred to SoS to get some fights? lol. They want some fights to happen and they moved to the #1 server.

makes perfect sense.

#95 EvilSinzGW2

EvilSinzGW2

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PUG]

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostJabtangs, on 17 January 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

so RG transferred to SoS to get some fights? lol. They want some fights to happen and they moved to the #1 server.

makes perfect sense.

Or they can move to a lower tier and blow servers out by 300k fighting the tower guards.

#96 RivenVII

RivenVII

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Guild Tag:[KnT]

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

The posters in this thread are supposed to be giving respect to their favorite guilds friend and foe. Not bitching and moaning about how SoS isn't winning hard enough because they have no EU time so they have to bring, arguably, the best guild on EU servers over to the NA bracket to play for them for "fights". It's truly pathetic how selfish and rude people are.

Give respect to guilds, not argue and call them out for where they are playing. RG and WM are nowhere near the top of the brackets in either region. I respect that a hell of a lot more than those guilds who's only claim to fame is "we're #1". How ignorant does one have to be to think that those guilds don't get good fights in their respective tiers? Step off it.

#97 Wotah

Wotah

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 320 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SICK]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

View PostRivenTheValorous, on 17 January 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

The posters in this thread are supposed to be giving respect to their favorite guilds friend and foe. Not bitching and moaning about how SoS isn't winning hard enough because they have no EU time so they have to bring, arguably, the best guild on EU servers over to the NA bracket to play for them for "fights". It's truly pathetic how selfish and rude people are.

Give respect to guilds, not argue and call them out for where they are playing. RG and WM are nowhere near the top of the brackets in either region. I respect that a hell of a lot more than those guilds who's only claim to fame is "we're #1". How ignorant does one have to be to think that those guilds don't get good fights in their respective tiers? Step off it.

RivenTheValorous, I think I like you!  :)

#98 Quietnine

Quietnine

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

View PostJedbacca, on 14 January 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

Damn, I have a rather large list I could recognize, if I leave any out someone will smack me.

Stormbluff Isle
RAGE, Mord, LoD (Now retired), NK (Now retired), Yaki, NYS, SBI (Yulo runs a guild for the pugs to educate them in WvW), CRNG, Calm, sF (Select Few) It truly is hard for me to pinpoint teams from SBI, the team makeup is that of many small guilds that form Voltron

Sea of Sorrows
Tsym, Agg, DiE, Merc

Jade Quarry
AoS, GODS (Once FIRE), Oreo, SICK, Nord

Sanctum of Rall (I have yet to make my own observations but my team members have made mention of the two following guilds)
CDS (Friends from past SBI), Choo

Kaineng
WM (Overall morale booster even with a language barrier)

WM, AoS, GODS, TYSM, AGG, these are all large zerg guilds. numbers dont exactly equate to quality for skirmishes. Of them, I'd put TYSM at the top of the quality pile, but it will be interesting to see if theyre still any good after rendering gets fixed.

Anonymous Defender (https://www.youtube....o?feature=watch) regularly posts videos of them kicking ass with 4-5 against 10-20. I think they used to be on Kaineg, but I think they left the server when WM transferred there, as their newest video shows them fighting magumma atm.

Edited by Quietnine, 18 January 2013 - 12:47 AM.

#99 Hecksa

Hecksa

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

View PostRivenTheValorous, on 17 January 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

For the record, RG haven't transferred anywhere. We're still on Piken right now. Don't know why people decided we had.

#100 RivenVII

RivenVII

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Guild Tag:[KnT]

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

View PostHecksa, on 18 January 2013 - 01:40 AM, said:

For the record, RG haven't transferred anywhere. We're still on Piken right now. Don't know why people decided we had.

Sorry if it came across like that. I was more referring to them saying you need to transfer there or something to that end.

#101 Zyrenus

Zyrenus

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

View PostShabbyDude, on 16 January 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

Just transfer to JQ or SoS.

This is not a post for our guild to transfer anywhere, I personally just wanted to know what the best guilds out there was and so that people could give their respect to the players that spends alot of time on this game.

#102 phunk

phunk

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

Might want to update your server Zyrenus incase people think we're playing on NA still :P

and getting some more European opinions in this thread would be great, it is mostly NA currently which is slightly disappointing.

#103 Im Legion

Im Legion

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

After watching some of the guild fights of RG versus TUP and sIN (It was fun standing next to two dozen enemies simply enjoying the show), I'd say they're definitely the best I've seen so far on the EU servers. I always considered TUP a great guild, but after watching them get rolled completely by RG, I came to understand the differences in quality there can be between organized guilds.

The idea that only T1 servers can have great guilds is of course ludicrous. Recently transferred from a low tier server to a high tier server to see what it's like and so far higher tier servers haven't managed to impress me with anything but the sheer amount of people. After a certain critical mass of players you can't call anybody skillful anymore since half your enemy's screens will drop to 1 FPS and it just becomes spamming AoEs and hoping there's actually a player there.

#104 Arzqwar

Arzqwar

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

sure NYS, loyal, honor, and pride. truly tier 1 guild

#105 heatrr

heatrr

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

There are no "best" guilds, imho; there are only good people you like to run with. Besides, "best" guild is what you make of the guild you are in.

Edited by heatrr, 20 January 2013 - 04:35 PM.

#106 Teeliee

Teeliee

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

View Postheatrr, on 20 January 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

There are no "best" guilds, imho; there are only good people you like to run with. Besides, "best" guild is what you make of the guild you are in.

There are of course many definitions to answer the question of what are the best guilds out there. And I wouldn't ever say there is one best guild in GW2 because there might be a smaller guild with more quality but less quantity, compared to a bigger guild that with more people are more efficient in wiping enemies because of that. You really can't compare those two guilds imho.

Also, perhaps one guild is really efficient at sieging and getting points for their server, while the other guild is good at fighting open battles which doesn't make any difference because even if these pugs get scared off the map more stand in queue ready to jump in. I think it's impossible to name one "best guild" unless you're a bit lenient.

But the purpose of this thread was to give cred and to make other guilds who are looking for good fights aware of these guilds so they can keep their eyes open for them. Also the guilds we're looking to be made aware of in this thread was mostly guilds we could meet on the battlefield, not guilds that are effective at Golem-rushing or defending towers :D

Edited by Teeliee, 22 January 2013 - 06:09 PM.

#107 Kalit

Kalit

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RH]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostKelo, on 16 January 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

I gotta agree with Vihar, if you want to play the best and not just be freeloading off the best you need to go to a server that sucks and build them up. Kinda like what War Machine is currently doing with Kaineng.
Wow, you're not in the lower tiers, are you?

Kaineng has been fighting something like 10v1 for a month in the easiest and most one sided matches in NA. I don't know what anyone's proved other than transfers make for uneven matches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users