I noticed that there is no dedicated general SWTOR topic on GW2 Guru.
Which may make sense, since after all if someone is interested in SWTOR GW2 Guru is probably not a 1st pick.
But maybe there is some demand for it, so lets provide a supply.
There are some other SWTOR related topics but they are not exacly general discussion, more about some news.
Also please keep the discussion without unnecessery hate, fanboyis, and all that crap.
However its still internet, so the only way to be safe is to not expect much, the only way to not get disappointed. ;-)
Dear Trolls, if you jump her to do troll stuff you will be ignored. By me, by everyone.
Disclaimer done so lets go:
Star Wars The Old Republic
Quite old MMO from Bioware/EA
Anyone played it?
I must admit i played it, have some nice time, to be honest playing it a little more at the moment than GW2, but the main reason is that im Star Wars freak.
As the review:
- The gameplay seems to be MMO classic. There is a lot of abilities, however they seems to not be much different from each other, save cooldown, duracion, demage output, sometimes channeling or activacion time. No matter if im fensing with lighsaber, shot with rifle or burn enemies with lighting it feels preatty much the same. Only animacion is different. ;-)
- Generally the gameplay is similar to GW1. Unfortunetly for each of 8 classes the skill set is same, and there is no much room for personalizacion.
- The game looks nice enought for me. (something around Knight of the Old Republic level) also the music and sounds are right. There is also some voice acting. Always nice to hear.
- There are also personal stories for each 8 class, which are ok but nothing special.
- Unfortunetly SWTOR is just a MMO, WoW clone in Star Wars universe. It has nothing in common with Knights of the Old Republic or The Sith Lords (exept the universe). Plot is not as exithing, characters do not have as much dialogue options, neither background, sidequest are minimal, and very simple like "kill 20 bad guyes" or "smash 8 boxes" or "come to X and press big red button", general mmo standard. Personal choices are rare, and hardly matter. Im feel almost sorry for programist who had to made this. :-)
- There is also PvP with at least 2 setups. One is Huttball - american football in space style, the other is classic control (similar to GW2 spvp) its quite fun, the classes are mirrors among sides so balance is almost perfect. However pvp lose a lot when your team is disorganized (in most cases it is)
- It has free to play mode, however playing this way is not very fun (at least for me) since you are cut from a lot of stuff, even some weird choices like stupid toolbars, and in games as such having enough toolbars is kinda important. But the sub is not really expensive. Especially if you are "see everything and move on" type of player.
So here came my basic impression, maybe someone has some questions, or view it in different ways? Discuss, share and take care.
Edited by Kamatsu, 14 January 2013 - 09:50 AM.
Removed trolling/baiting 'joke'