• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

[Answered] Most efficient way to earn gold at low levels?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 entellex

entellex

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

Would anyone care to share the most efficient way to earn gold at low levels. I am talking about a newbie here. Levels 1 ~ 20

I like to make gold early, then start back focusing on non-stop leveling.

#2 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2295 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Craft your way to lvl 30, do Ascalon Dungeon over and over wth omnom bars. Lots of gold and lots of leveling.

Edited by Eon Lilu, 14 January 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#3 Lemar

Lemar

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TLT]

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

Gather everything. Especially Herb Seedlings since they have Vanilla beans, Chilly pepper and ocasionaly unidentified dye in them. All of those sells good and cost few silver each.

#4 rusticgamer

rusticgamer

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[noes]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Exploration is the best way to make money at low levels...you won't make much but it's something also the tip from above that says gather everything is right...it also brings a lot of money. And don't miss events, if there is an event nearby go for it :)

#5 Mavrick

Mavrick

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NOW]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

I'm going to echo some of the tips here.

Gather everything you see.
Map completion on the appropriate map to your level, in this case all the starting zones.
Ascalon Catacombs if you can get yourself familiar with a speed run, will earn you lots of money
Check the trading post before you merchant anything - this is very important, lvl 3 half eaten weapons are very expensive, only sell when you can make a profit. Check http://tpcalc.com/ to see if you can profit with all fees taken into account.

#6 RagiNagi

RagiNagi

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

And what would you say about materials? should I gather them in early levels for future or rather sell them to merchant or in the trading company? Also, is it better to gather materials and craft items or sell the materials? cuz, so far if i make armor my self i loose money, since it is possible to buy decent armor (better or as good as the one I can craft) with karma points.

the same question goes for salvage kits and salvage items. is it better in the long run to salvage things into materials (and sell as materials or craft something) or just sell salvage items.

Right now im level 23, so nothing high-end is not coming my way.

Aaa, one more question about green items? - merch them or try to get money in the trading company?

Regards,
Ragi Nagi

Edited by RagiNagi, 14 January 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#7 LavaSquid

LavaSquid

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 452 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[----]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

Sell green/blue items to NPC if you are not going to use them. Salvage white light armor for jute/ cotton/linen <---they have good price on TP, sell medium armor to npc if you are not planning to level leatherwork/tailor crafting.

#8 entellex

entellex

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

Thanks all for the advice.

#9 Lemar

Lemar

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TLT]

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

View PostRagiNagi, on 14 January 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

Also, is it better to gather materials and craft items or sell the materials?

the same question goes for salvage kits and salvage items. is it better in the long run to salvage things into materials (and sell as materials or craft something) or just sell salvage items.

Regards,
Ragi Nagi

1. If you are just starting out then buying gear definitely is best way as oposed to crafting it. But crafting helps you level faster. Of course you need to invest money.

2. Definitely salvage the materials that say salvage item. The rest is up to you and needs an understanding what type of material you get out of it and how much it sells for as oposed to what's it sales price either on TP or at merchant.

#10 RagiNagi

RagiNagi

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

ok, thanks for tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users