• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Ni No Kuni : Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Luthor Huss

Luthor Huss

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

I have been following this game ever since it was announced more than 2 years ago. Been counting down the days till could get my hands on the English language version.

And though it's just a few more days till the games released, the wait just got a little more painful now that IGN has gone and given it a 9.4 with the verdict saying...

"Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is one of the best RPGs I’ve played in years. Moreover, it joins the elusive ranks of the best PlayStation 3 exclusives, a group very rarely encroached upon by any studio Sony doesn’t own. Ni No Kuni is just that good: a beautiful mixture of the traditional makings of a JRPG combined with gorgeous graphics, a wonderful story, a great cast of characters and thoughtful gameplay. Better yet, I truly believe there’s something here even for those that don’t necessarily enjoy random encounters, level grinding and stat building. The story, characters, aesthetics and gameplay really do mix to make something special well outside of the JRPG niche."

Been waiting for a game that brings back to the glory days of JRPGs with stuff like Chrono Cross/Trigger, Wild Arms, Suikoden, etc. This one looks like it could easily fit in with those classics.

Anyone else gonna pick this up?

#2 Baradaki

Baradaki

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

I really wish I had a PS3. And I'm not normally one to judge based on graphics, but man, the graphics bug me. It's ridiculously cartoon-y looking. Like, I don't mind the Tales of series and stuff like that, but this is another level. Not that it would stop me from playing it.

#3 Lemming

Lemming

casuals are terrible

• Site Contributors
  • 735 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

I bought a PS3 to play this. We'll see if it disappoints.

#4 Kinniku

Kinniku

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

View PostBaradaki, on 23 January 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

I really wish I had a PS3. And I'm not normally one to judge based on graphics, but man, the graphics bug me. It's ridiculously cartoon-y looking. Like, I don't mind the Tales of series and stuff like that, but this is another level. Not that it would stop me from playing it.

Well studio ghibli did do the art/animations/whatever, so it only makes sense that it looks like that. :P

I've preordered mine from amazon, so now I'm just waiting for it to arrive.

#5 Treble

Treble

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2239 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostBaradaki, on 23 January 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

I don't think you understand how awesome Studio Ghibli is.

I'll be buying a PS3 just to play this.

Edited by Treble, 24 January 2013 - 03:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users