15 replies to this topic

#1 Mystic

Mystic

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Hello!
I have a vast amount of Dungeon Tokens I now need to exchange for exotics. My plan first was to get exotics and then salvage them for ectos. However, I feel like Forging them could be better.
However, it also depends on what I forge.
Buying 4 helmets which is the cheapest armor piece and forging them gives me an exotic helm which I can sell and hope to get a decent rune, but it's not as profitable.
I had my idea on getting 4 of the same weapon and forge them, in hope for a precursor. If not, I get a decent item I can sell. If so - which weapon?

#2 jari

jari

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

try someting else like cof hotw and arah tokens u can trade in for rares wich can be salvaged for ectos the tokens cost is a lot less.

#3 rotsono

rotsono

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DD]
  • Server:Elona Reach

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

I do this one day in the week i use every tokens i get over the week and buy the 4 cheapest weapons (warhorn/torch/shield/focus) and throw them into the mystic forge cuz they are all rnd weapons i get a rnd weapon back mostly i got something around 3-5g~ last time i got something named worth 15g~ Imo its the best way to use unused tokens. :D

EDIT: And you got a chance for a precursor too.

Edited by rotsono, 18 January 2013 - 04:33 PM.

#4 Mystic

Mystic

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

View Postrotsono, on 18 January 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

I do this one day in the week i use every tokens i get over the week and buy the 4 cheapest weapons (warhorn/torch/shield/focus) and throw them into the mystic forge cuz they are all rnd weapons i get a rnd weapon back mostly i got something around 3-5g~ last time i got something named worth 15g~ Imo its the best way to use unused tokens. :D

EDIT: And you got a chance for a precursor too.
Can I get a chance for a GS precursor while forging focus/shield/warhorn etc?
I guess it's not profitable to forge four greatswords?

#5 rotsono

rotsono

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DD]
  • Server:Elona Reach

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostMystic, on 18 January 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

Can I get a chance for a GS precursor while forging focus/shield/warhorn etc?
I guess it's not profitable to forge four greatswords?

I think yes.. i get exotic GS's from it too so i think its possible to get a GS precursor but the chance is lower cuz its a rnd exotic and not only GS.

#6 matsif

matsif

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

View Postjari, on 18 January 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

try someting else like cof hotw and arah tokens u can trade in for rares wich can be salvaged for ectos the tokens cost is a lot less.

if your goal is ectos, this is a much faster and more efficient way to do it.

if your goal is just a precursor, then just farm ac and throw tons of ac exotic weapons in.  I'm sitting on almost 2000 tears right now just from leveling an alt from 56 to 79 in the past week.

#7 Mystic

Mystic

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

View Postmatsif, on 18 January 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

if your goal is ectos, this is a much faster and more efficient way to do it.

if your goal is just a precursor, then just farm ac and throw tons of ac exotic weapons in.  I'm sitting on almost 2000 tears right now just from leveling an alt from 56 to 79 in the past week.
I don't know what my goal is. The finished article is the Legendary Twilight, therefore I don't know exactly which paragraphs and which sentence to write to accomplish it. I need ectos, but I also need money for the different types of materials. But I also need precursor...

#8 Keaghan

Keaghan

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Kest]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

If you have lots of tokens from CoF/HoTW/CoE/Arah . Buy the Rare Armor versions, and salvage those. That's the best thing to do now.

#9 Mystic

Mystic

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostKeaghan, on 18 January 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

If you have lots of tokens from CoF/HoTW/CoE/Arah . Buy the Rare Armor versions, and salvage those. That's the best thing to do now.
From what I looked, the rares are not lvl 70+

#10 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

View PostMystic, on 18 January 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

From what I looked, the rares are not lvl 70+

CoF's are 68, the rest are higher. You only need lvl 68+ rares for ectos :)

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!

#11 Mystic

Mystic

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

View PostSheepski, on 18 January 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

CoF's are 68, the rest are higher. You only need lvl 68+ rares for ectos :)
Hmmm alright then. What do I do with AC tokens for example, forge them with the cheapest weapons?
Also...Why not forge the rares?

Edited by Mystic, 18 January 2013 - 10:42 PM.

#12 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

View PostMystic, on 18 January 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

Hmmm alright then. What do I do with AC tokens for example, forge them with the cheapest weapons?
Also...Why not forge the rares?

With AC, hmm well I've just been buying the cheap stuff and salvaging, but forging would be bout the same.

Forging the rares; well it'd be less worthwhile. You're most likely to get just a rare back, so 1/4 of your investment, and the off chance you'll get an exotic it would only break even with the value of the ectos you'd have gotten from the rares in the first place.

EDIT: If you're looking to get a precursor, then source rares/exotics for the MF from elsewhere. The rares from tokens are the best and only reliable method of getting ectos. Once you have all the ectos you need maybe then use them to forge... but even then it might still be quicker to sell the ectos and buy the precursor :P

Edited by Sheepski, 18 January 2013 - 10:46 PM.

#13 Mystic

Mystic

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

View PostSheepski, on 18 January 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

With AC, hmm well I've just been buying the cheap stuff and salvaging, but forging would be bout the same.

Forging the rares; well it'd be less worthwhile. You're most likely to get just a rare back, so 1/4 of your investment, and the off chance you'll get an exotic it would only break even with the value of the ectos you'd have gotten from the rares in the first place.

EDIT: If you're looking to get a precursor, then source rares/exotics for the MF from elsewhere. The rares from tokens are the best and only reliable method of getting ectos. Once you have all the ectos you need maybe then use them to forge... but even then it might still be quicker to sell the ectos and buy the precursor :P
Ectos are the least of my worries.. At least I hope so. Fractals offer a lot of rares which I can salvage and get a fine amount of ectos, so I'm a little reiterated to waste my tokens on ectos.
But if rares...Which ones? :P

#14 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

View PostMystic, on 18 January 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

Ectos are the least of my worries.. At least I hope so. Fractals offer a lot of rares which I can salvage and get a fine amount of ectos, so I'm a little reiterated to waste my tokens on ectos.
But if rares...Which ones? :P

Well there's also the money aspect to be fair. After getting the 500 ish ectos, if you still get more, you'll also need 100's of gold for the legendary so that can be a very lucrative method. I buy the helm and shoulder heavy pieces, as they're the cheapest (30 each) and give a chance to give orichalcum. You could also get the light set for gossamer, but silk is more worthless than mithril.

You could of course do a test for yourself: Salvage 4 rares, see what value/ectos you get etc. Forge 4 and see what you get. Do a few cycles and you'll find what works for you :)

#15 Mystic

Mystic

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

View PostSheepski, on 18 January 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:

Well there's also the money aspect to be fair. After getting the 500 ish ectos, if you still get more, you'll also need 100's of gold for the legendary so that can be a very lucrative method. I buy the helm and shoulder heavy pieces, as they're the cheapest (30 each) and give a chance to give orichalcum. You could also get the light set for gossamer, but silk is more worthless than mithril.

You could of course do a test for yourself: Salvage 4 rares, see what value/ectos you get etc. Forge 4 and see what you get. Do a few cycles and you'll find what works for you :)
Alright then, testing begins. Thank you for all the help sheepy!

#16 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

View PostMystic, on 18 January 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:

Alright then, testing begins. Thank you for all the help sheepy!

You're welcome, good luck :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users