• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Home Server = WvW Server? (Guesting Question)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Flax

Flax

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

I'm yet to find a definitive answer to this question:

Since guesting is coming soon, is there be ANY reason to not change your home server to one you think will have more fun WvW?

My current server (Gandara) is excellent for all things PvE but regularly lacks the numbers in WvW to be very competitive. I'm wondering if there are any negatives to having one server for WvW and another for everything else.

The only things I can think of that could be there case are:

1. You don't earn influence for a guild that isn't in your home server. Martin has said that if you're in a guest server you earn influence for your home server guild, but it's not entirely clear if that means you'll earn influence for any guild you represent regardless of server.
https://forum-en.gui...s-Coming/page/9

2. You miss out on WvW server bonuses. I haven't seen anywhere yet that mentions whether or not you get the guesting server's WvW bonuses (crafting, salvaging, extra health etc).

Any information would be fantastic!

[questions go in Questions & Answers - Arduin]

Edited by Arduin, 19 January 2013 - 09:38 AM.

#2 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostFlax, on 18 January 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

2. You miss out on WvW server bonuses. I haven't seen anywhere yet that mentions whether or not you get the guesting server's WvW bonuses (crafting, salvaging, extra health etc).

I was under the impression that you always get your home server's bonus, whether you are on your home server or guesting. Which would also be a huge initiative to select a server that does well in WvW.

Honestly, I do not see a reason why folks wouldn't simply make decent WvW servers their home servers. If that server ends up with poor PvE, one can always just guest on a better one.

#3 Flax

Flax

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

View PostProtoss, on 18 January 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

I was under the impression that you always get your home server's bonus, whether you are on your home server or guesting. Which would also be a huge initiative to select a server that does well in WvW.

I hope that's the case. Would be annoying to feel I had to check which server was doing better in WvW before crafting. But remember that a servers rank has no effect on the bonuses. A server who is dominating the bottom tier will get greater bonuses than a server who is losing in the top tier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users