Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

[Answered] Unable to salvage Order armor

salvage order armor

  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bloggi

Bloggi

    Savant

  • Members
  • 857 posts
  • Location:Coastal
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[CRAP]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:33 AM

The title kinda says it all.

In detail, I have a set of Order of Whispers armor that was used on my toon for quite a while but recently changed it for a different set of armor. I also have a rune in each piece of the old Order armor that I definitely wish to use in another armor set.

The Order armor pieces are essentially level 80 rares. I was hopeful of salvaging the armor pieces with a Black Lion's Salvage kit but was unsuccessful. Does anybody know if this is a bug or is it simply working as intended? I do not understand why legitimate armor like this would not be salvagable and even more frustrating because the set of runes in it is quite expensive.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what I could do with this old armor and if it's possible to get my runes back? Also, I already did submit a bug report to Support just in case it really is a bug.

#2 TGIFrisbie

TGIFrisbie

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

If you are really desperate to get the runes out you can use transmute stones to transmute the rune onto a white or blue armor piece that becomes account bound then salvage that.  Not sure if it is worth that level of trouble.

#3 Bloggi

Bloggi

    Savant

  • Members
  • 857 posts
  • Location:Coastal
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[CRAP]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

View PostTGIFrisbie, on 21 January 2013 - 02:38 AM, said:

If you are really desperate to get the runes out you can use transmute stones to transmute the rune onto a white or blue armor piece that becomes account bound then salvage that.  Not sure if it is worth that level of trouble.

Thanks for the suggestion, it's a good idea and I had considered it but was holding out hope there was something else that could be done, or perhaps just a bug. It is a fair bit of trouble though and will take 6 fine T-stones to make it work! Of course, I was also thinking that a proper salvage could net me some ectos which I desperately need.

#4 Gerroh

Gerroh

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 571 posts
  • Location:Ontario, Canada
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[Nope]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

View PostXekk, on 21 January 2013 - 05:03 AM, said:

Thanks for the suggestion, it's a good idea and I had considered it but was holding out hope there was something else that could be done, or perhaps just a bug. It is a fair bit of trouble though and will take 6 fine T-stones to make it work! Of course, I was also thinking that a proper salvage could net me some ectos which I desperately need.

If you're going to go through that trouble you might as well just transmute them onto the armor set you want the runes on.
You can select the new armor's skin, stats, and then the whisper armor's runes.

#5 Bloggi

Bloggi

    Savant

  • Members
  • 857 posts
  • Location:Coastal
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[CRAP]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:46 AM

View PostGerroh, on 21 January 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

If you're going to go through that trouble you might as well just transmute them onto the armor set you want the runes on.
You can select the new armor's skin, stats, and then the whisper armor's runes.

Good idea. Only trouble is that I wish to use these runes for another toon. With the new armor I already got the set of runes that I need. Additional issue also is that the armor for my old toon is light armor, and I plan to use the runes on a new toon in a medium armored profession, so the 2-step transmute trick wouldn't work either. I presume light armor must be transmuted with light armor. Looks like I'm out of options! :o

#6 Bloggi

Bloggi

    Savant

  • Members
  • 857 posts
  • Location:Coastal
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[CRAP]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

Just as an update, I tried to transmute the Order armor (with the rune) onto a piece of normal level 80 white armor. The resulting item had the 'white' armor stats and aesthetics and the rune on it. I was still unable to salvage the item with a Black Lions Salvage Kit. Once again I don't know if this is working as intended or actually a bug, but just putting it out there as a warning before people decide to use their hard-earned fine transmutation stones.

#7 Captain Bulldozer

Captain Bulldozer

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 392 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SoDF]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Perhaps Order armor was orginally coded to be bought with Karma instead of gold?  That sounds like exactly what would happen if you tried to salvage gear purchased with karma...

#8 Bloggi

Bloggi

    Savant

  • Members
  • 857 posts
  • Location:Coastal
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[CRAP]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

View PostCaptain Bulldozer, on 11 February 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

Perhaps Order armor was orginally coded to be bought with Karma instead of gold?  That sounds like exactly what would happen if you tried to salvage gear purchased with karma...

That sounds like a possibility. It's a bug if that's the case, or at the very least an error in their coding because Order armor and weapons are definitely purchased with coin now. A while back I did send a mail to support to clarify it and might do it again now, especially since I now even tried transmuting the item to a white and it still didn't work.

#9 Kurosov

Kurosov

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 593 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[TAC]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

Make sure you don't use white items from armour smiths in game. Use a drop or TP item.

#10 Bloggi

Bloggi

    Savant

  • Members
  • 857 posts
  • Location:Coastal
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[CRAP]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

View PostKurosov, on 12 February 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

Make sure you don't use white items from armour smiths in game. Use a drop or TP item.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give this a whirl when I get home tonight, and will update this thread accordingly to say whether it worked or not.

EDIT: Thanks for the help everyone, tried it and it works! I'm still debating if it's worth going through with it to salvage all the runes, but at least now I know what to do.

Edited by Bloggi, 12 February 2013 - 11:36 AM.






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: salvage, order armor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users