• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Firstborn12

Firstborn12

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

I been wondering, can I buy a Karma armor, transmute it, and put it on another character, while keeping the stats of that armor piece. for example, I buy an armor piece in CS with my Theif, thats for a Heavy profession, with Power/Vit/Toughness stats. can I transmuted and keep the stats on it so I can later equip it to my Warrior.

thanks in advance.

#2 kalendraf

kalendraf

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CV]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

You can't change armor types (heavy/medium/light) using transmutation stones.  They only allow you to select the appearance and stats from two different armors of the same type.  For example, t-stones allow you to combine the appearance of Heavy Armor A with stats of Heavy Armor B, leading to a new Heavy Armor that looks like armor A and has the stats of armor B.

However, it appears that what you're asking is if you can get around the soul-binding aspect of purchased karma armor.  I have not tested this yet, but I have read that if you transmute an armor with a white armor, the result becomes account-bound.  So it should be possible to buy any karma armor with a character, transmute it onto a basic white armor of the same type, and then transfer it to another character on your account.  That character can then use another t-stone to put the appearance on the armor of their choice.

Edited by kalendraf, 23 January 2013 - 05:12 PM.

#3 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3314 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

View Postkalendraf, on 23 January 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

You can't change armor types (heavy/medium/light) using transmutation stones.  They only allow you to select the appearance and stats from two different armors of the same type.  For example, t-stones allow you to combine the appearance of Heavy Armor A with stats of Heavy Armor B, leading to a new Heavy Armor that looks like armor A and has the stats of armor B.

Exactly what this person said.

+ Yes if you buy armor on your thief, you can use a trick to get it to your warrior (the armor type still needs to findthough) but it requires alot of transmutation stones, so I'd advise to avoid doing that if possible.

#4 Naphtali

Naphtali

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

What you want to do is not possible.

Transmuting anything that will end up green or better will make it soulbound, and item stats are tied to item rarity. What the others told you only works if you want the item skin, but that method gets rid of the stats.

#5 Firstborn12

Firstborn12

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostNaphtali, on 23 January 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

What you want to do is not possible.

Transmuting anything that will end up green or better will make it soulbound, and item stats are tied to item rarity. What the others told you only works if you want the item skin, but that method gets rid of the stats.

aww bummer, thanks for the info, I already knew the basic info about T.stones, which it can only transmute the same armor type. and I already tried this "trick" to get my Theif Wisper style armor which my warrior was apart of. I was just hoping I could do this for the stats and not the style. oh well, I better start running AC or something. thanks everyone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users