• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GMac

GMac

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

Not sure what going on, but recently my computer has been crashing quite often. I keep getting the same blue screen error, It tends to be at times my GPU is under some stress, but not always. The machine is new and prior to this, it has been running excellent for the last couple months. I've performed a restore from an earlier saved version and updated all my drivers and I still get the same error. Any help is appreciated.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode: 116
  BCP1: FFFFFA80127CB4E0
  BCP2: FFFFF8800636FADC
  BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
  BCP4: 0000000000000004
  OS Version: 6_1_7601
  Service Pack: 1_0
  Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\012413-8704-02.dmp
  C:\Users\George\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-11341-0.sysdata.xml

#2 Elystus

Elystus

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

The Bccode 116 tells us that the problem lies with your graphics card. My first suggestion would be to completely strip the video card drivers from the system then reinstall the latest drivers. If that doesn't work, then come back to this thread with a dxdiag and I, or someone else, can look into this problem further.

Here is a little guide on how to completely uninstall your drivers. This guide is assuming you are on windows:
  • Press start and right click on computer and select the option "properties".

• Go to device properties and open up the "display adapters" tab. Then right click on the graphics cards that appear and select uninstall.

• Go to C:\ and delete any ATI or NVIDIA folders

• Now we should download and install driver sweeper . After it install, run the program and select either ATI-Display or Nvidia-display. Then press clean and allow the program to run.

• After you have done the above, we can reinstall your drivers from ATI or Nvidia

Edited by Elystus, 25 January 2013 - 12:53 AM.

#3 GMac

GMac

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

So, after several crashes eventually my computer would not even display on the monitor when I turned it on. The fan on my graphics card would just spin 900 million MPH and nothing would come up on my screen. So I disconnected my GPU and started the system. This allowed me to restart my computer with the GPU connected and the screen working. Then I removed all my Nvidia drivers and folders as you suggested and reinstalled them.

So far I haven't had a crash yet, Thanks a lot for the help!

#4 Elystus

Elystus

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

View PostGMac, on 26 January 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

So, after several crashes eventually my computer would not even display on the monitor when I turned it on. The fan on my graphics card would just spin 900 million MPH and nothing would come up on my screen. So I disconnected my GPU and started the system. This allowed me to restart my computer with the GPU connected and the screen working. Then I removed all my Nvidia drivers and folders as you suggested and reinstalled them.

So far I haven't had a crash yet, Thanks a lot for the help!

Glad to hear it is working :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blue screen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users