I made my GW2 account, installed the game, got to the server selection screen. I go to the race selection screen and that's when my computer starts flipping out. The screen gets disoriented, colours get twisted and the sound freezes up. In a matter of seconds my entire computer freezes up and the only thing left to do is a reboot. So now, whenever I boot up the game, I see the race selection screen for a few seconds and everything goes berserk.
I have about 25 games on my pc. (half of them very recent ones) and GW2 is the first and only game I've had problems with. I already tried tons of stuff to fix this issue, so far no luck.
I'm running a Windows 7 home premium 64bit with SP1 system with:
- intel i7 Cpu 2,80 Ghz
- 4 gigs of RAM
- Nvidia Geforce 250GTS (512MB)
(full specs in attached txt file)
Things I've tried so far:
- updating Graphics Card drivers to latest versions (even tried beta ones)
- installing windows 7 SP1
- re-installing the game from scratch (retail version)
- re-installing the game from scratch (with downloadable client from GW2 website)
- disabling AVG and Windows Firewall
- replacing the installed retail GW2 launcher with the downloadable one
- replacing my GW2 folder with the one from a friend (I know, I'm getting desperate)
- setting the "Antialiasing mode" to "application controlled" in my video card's control panel
- setting "multi GPU acceleration" to "single screen only" in my video card's control panel
I even contacted GW2 support and they said something about one of my CPU's being underclocked. But I have zero knowledge in that area and they are not legally allowed to suggest BIOS settings.
I'm getting desperate. I paid full price for this game and I can not return it. Any help whatsoever would be GREATLY appreciated!!