• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Fyndler

Fyndler

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Hey there, i just started to play the game a few days ago, and i wonder whats a good profession for a warrior? I thought about wep/armor smith but then again, doesent instances gives better?

#2 Arduin

Arduin

Q&A King

• Site Contributors
  • 4284 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

With profession I am assuming you mean crafting discipline.

Instances do not give you better loot. They give the same tier of loot (exotic) as you are able to craft with the appropriate crafting discipline.

Weaponsmith and armorsmith are indeed the obvious choices for a warrior. However, basically anything you can craft can be acquired cheaply at the trading post nowadays. Don't expect any profit from the weapon and armor crafting disciplines. I'm not sure whether jeweler and cooking can make you any profit.

If you are aiming for a legendary it might benefit you however to pick a discipline which is needed for the weapon.

Basically, start crafting if you think it's fun, but it's not mandatory.

Feeling your post got wrongfully deleted? Thread locked? Want to chat? Send me a PM. I won't bite :eek:

Be wary of expressing your opinion as fact; facts can be proven wrong.

#3 typographie

typographie

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1974 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LAW]

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostFyndler, on 24 January 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

but then again, doesent instances gives better?

In terms of quality/item budget? No. In GW2, an item of a given rarity and a given level is identical to other weapons of the same level/rarity. An Exotic level 80 sword you craft is identical to an Exotic level 80 sword acquired any other way.

If you run a lot of dungeons, buying dungeon armor/weapons may be easier than crafting your own. Otherwise, dungeon rewards are primarily meant as vanity items, as they have unique appearances.

Weapons/armor is a fine choice for a warrior, but you may find you rarely use the things you craft until you're at max level. Crafting is another source of character XP though (worth about 10 levels per discipline by the time you max it out), so its a great idea to keep up with it.

Edited by typographie, 24 January 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#4 Fyndler

Fyndler

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

I rerolled to theif, and now wonder wich one i need for legendary? I dont care so much about profit. Just wanna use it for myself mostly :P

#5 Falfyrel

Falfyrel

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[GWAM]
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostFyndler, on 26 January 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

I rerolled to theif, and now wonder wich one i need for legendary? I dont care so much about profit. Just wanna use it for myself mostly :P

If you're talking about legendary crafting, then it really depends on which legendary you're aiming for. Bolt (one-handed sword) requires Weaponsmithing and Artificing. Incinerator (dagger) requires Weaponsmithing and Cooking. The Dreamer requires Jeweling and Huntsman. And Quip (pistol) requires Huntsman and Armorsmith.

Sources come from http://wiki.guildwar.../wiki/Main_Page , just search for "Gift of X," where X is the legendary weapon you want to see the requirements for. Then just look at what the requirements are for the ingredients you need to create the Gift.

#6 Fyndler

Fyndler

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

View PostFalfyrel, on 26 January 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

If you're talking about legendary crafting, then it really depends on which legendary you're aiming for. Bolt (one-handed sword) requires Weaponsmithing and Artificing. Incinerator (dagger) requires Weaponsmithing and Cooking. The Dreamer requires Jeweling and Huntsman. And Quip (pistol) requires Huntsman and Armorsmith.

Sources come from http://wiki.guildwar.../wiki/Main_Page , just search for "Gift of X," where X is the legendary weapon you want to see the requirements for. Then just look at what the requirements are for the ingredients you need to create the Gift.

Thanks for that :) Im not sure if i should go for sword or gun :/

#7 Falfyrel

Falfyrel

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[GWAM]
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

View PostFyndler, on 26 January 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

Thanks for that :) Im not sure if i should go for sword or gun :/

Quip is a clown gun and make honking noises whenever you attack, so if you ever want to be taken seriously, aim for Bolt.

#8 chuckles79

chuckles79

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1685 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FANG]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

For your first person, I always recommend the appropriate armor crafting and cooking.  Once you reach lvl 80, create an alt and have them do weaponsmithing/woodsman/artificer (depends on class and what you need) and Jeweler.

#9 GOKUBB13

GOKUBB13

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

first off you wont make any money off crafting at all, you will lose money in buying crafting materials to level up your crafting as you will likely level faster than the items you are making. I would suggest armorsmith and cook or jeweler. Cook and Jeweler will compete less for ore and fine crafting materials with your armorsmithing. Crafting is very good for exp and can get you 40 levels or so but it is terrible for turning a profit. Crafting a legendary takes thousands of hours so I wouldn't worry about it right away. Decide how much you like the game first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users