#1 zaniix

zaniix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CO]
  • Server:Kaineng

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

I was hoping an experienced CoF running Mesmer could give me some tips on getting past the stupid flaming rocks in Path1 of Citadel of Flames.

For speed runs people want you to do it perfectly and I think I am missing something that would make it easier. By default I can not Blink far enough so I have to try and dodge the first 2 and target for blink which is not 100%

Would Far-Reaching Manipulations give me the distance to safely port through all of it?

thanks

#2 akwellen

akwellen

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PLUM]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

place your portal down before the door lifts then as soon as it lifts run about halfway,blink then open the portal using the focus speed buff helps as well

#3 zaniix

zaniix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CO]
  • Server:Kaineng

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Thank you, I will give that a try.

#4 CepaCepa

CepaCepa

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

View Postzaniix, on 24 January 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

I was hoping an experienced CoF running Mesmer could give me some tips on getting past the stupid flaming rocks in Path1 of Citadel of Flames.

For speed runs people want you to do it perfectly and I think I am missing something that would make it easier. By default I can not Blink far enough so I have to try and dodge the first 2 and target for blink which is not 100%

Would Far-Reaching Manipulations give me the distance to safely port through all of it?

thanks

Far reaching manipulation helps indeed, you just run past (or parallel to) the first rock (which should be easy, just don't get hit by the first rock, you have all the time in the world to wait for it to roll to the other side before heading in) and blink right to the destination.

#5 Ishmar

Ishmar

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

1) place portal near "door"
2) Just go autorun on The door
3) door opens
4) DON'T take a flame
5) blink to the end of The tunnel (increase manipolation range helps, and ad long everyone at least 10 Points in precision trait, why not use it, you change it again later)
6) place portal exit

#6 Spasm

Spasm

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

If you said CoE lasergrid room id understand how this could save some time, but the cof fireballs are pretty easy to tackle even without a speedbuff and carying a ball. I'd question your party deeply when 3 people are not able to make it past on first try. I understand its not to much trouble to blink portal and all but ive never portalled people cross that room and i doubt i ever will. Ussually the "oldschool" way of picking up balls, walking across works just fine.

#7 Shadow209

Shadow209

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Walk on the side (either right or left, doesn't matter), it's a lot easier, than walking in the middle, imho. besides that, I find the "oldschool" way even easier, than aiming the blink.

Edited by Shadow209, 28 January 2013 - 01:12 PM.

#8 Swoopeh

Swoopeh

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 319 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[SoF]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

If you want to play it safe (in case you make the portal and then die and have to wait for the portal CD) you can walk on the left (or right) past the first 2 boulders, blink , place a portal, use the WP, run back to the group and place exit portal. Then you can even take a flame if you want.

#9 Verene

Verene

Under the Pale Tree

• Community Contributors
  • 918 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TWIT]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

You don't even need Blink, though it helps. I just plant portal and then run like hell with a speed buff on soon as the door opens. I can make it through without using Blink with no problems.

#10 Eliirae

Eliirae

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

View PostVerene, on 29 January 2013 - 07:49 AM, said:

You don't even need Blink, though it helps. I just plant portal and then run like hell with a speed buff on soon as the door opens. I can make it through without using Blink with no problems.

If you don't even need blink, then I see no reason why a team sits there waiting for a single member to carry them across the entire thing.  Speed buffs are group wide, too.  Wouldn't it be FASTER to have everyone go at once?

#11 Ioflux

Ioflux

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostEliirae, on 12 February 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

If you don't even need blink, then I see no reason why a team sits there waiting for a single member to carry them across the entire thing.  Speed buffs are group wide, too.  Wouldn't it be FASTER to have everyone go at once?

only works if you dont pick up a fire boulder. In order to pick up the fire boulder, you must wait roughly 3 seconds for it to spawn which by then the boulders will have started rolling. I personally grab a fire boulder and dodge + jump roll through the middle as it basically jumps over 2 rolling balls for you. I always urge my premade groups to take the "down the middle" challenge with me and beat me at it. It's actually faster to do it this way with 3 people than to do the portal method due to the fact that its disorienting once you exit the portal. (its 1-3s faster) but definitely not a big deal. Just a fun challenge to the easiest dungeon currently in game.

#12 Verene

Verene

Under the Pale Tree

• Community Contributors
  • 918 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TWIT]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

Yup, this. The boulders start before the rocks you have to carry across have started. Which means...you'll have someone across that is then useless as they haven't brought anything with them, unless you are a mesmer planting portals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users