• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Snarf123

Snarf123

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

I have been banned blocked suspended for my name,( snarf hoe)  which is very strange as it is a name of a cartoon character in the series Thundercats. In the 1980s Snarf was a pet cat in the series and the noise they made was hoe so this is very harsh to be banned for 56 hours. So does anyone have the customer services phone number in the uk so I can complane about my mistreatment
Reading the rules they have on the website I was ment to be able to change my name for the first time offender but this was not even given I was just blocked with no warning

https://www.guildwar...-naming-policy/

http://en.wikipedia....Cats_characters
http://en.wikipedia....iki/ThunderCats

#2 Dawn Quickblade

Dawn Quickblade

HEAVY FARTING

• Moderators
  • 619 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FART]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

I would assume the issue would be with the "hoe" part of the name as it is a slang term meaning prostitute.

If you are more concerned about the fact that a name change was not offered I'd recommend you contact support.

Got any questions about moderation or just want to chat, send a pm my way! Don't be afraid to contact me if an issue arises.

"If good things lasted forever, would we appreciate how precious they are?"

#3 Dosearius

Dosearius

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

also didn't they say no using any real or copyrighted names?  not sure, but do seem to remember someone from Anet mentioning that in a post somewhere

#4 Trei

Trei

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2930 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

Without looking at the actual spelling, run the full name through your head and think about what it actually sounds like.

I seldom believe in coincidences like this, let alone professional companies no doubt well experienced in clever ways players try to get around naming rules and protocols in games.

If you actually are that innocently unaware as to what your name pronunciation fully implies, then that's a lesson learnt (try googling the word "snuff" for it's various connotations).

Letting off with just a forced rename is not a first time offender's entitlement. It's a privilege that can be revoked if a case is deemed severe enough.

Best to speak to support about it

Edited by Trei, 26 January 2013 - 02:59 AM.

#5 Gillbian

Gillbian

Pale Tree Seedling

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

View PostDosearius, on 26 January 2013 - 02:24 AM, said:

also didn't they say no using any real or copyrighted names?  not sure, but do seem to remember someone from Anet mentioning that in a post somewhere

"Reference names of copyrighted or trademarked characters, materials, or products."

Right in the naming policy article he posted.

#6 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2295 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

Damn that video brought back memories lol. Im guna have to go watch thundercats now...

Your right though they should of given you a chance to change it as a first time offender and given you the reasons why...

Edited by Eon Lilu, 26 January 2013 - 03:06 AM.

#7 Snarf123

Snarf123

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostDawn Quickblade, on 26 January 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

I would assume the issue would be with the "hoe" part of the name as it is a slang term meaning prostitute.

If you are more concerned about the fact that a name change was not offered I'd recommend you contact support.

That is the problem I would Of happily changed the name as I was not trying to be smart or clever I was been genuin with the name if I wanted to be smart I would not of used a cartoon  character  and as I let my children play gw2 I would not of called it prostitut  the only thing I can say is sry for been naieve

#8 Darkobra

Darkobra

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1366 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

That's all their information there.

Edited by Dawn Quickblade, 27 January 2013 - 01:42 AM.

#9 Dawn Quickblade

Dawn Quickblade

HEAVY FARTING

• Moderators
  • 619 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FART]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

That's enough.

Closed

Edited by Dawn Quickblade, 27 January 2013 - 01:21 AM.

Got any questions about moderation or just want to chat, send a pm my way! Don't be afraid to contact me if an issue arises.

"If good things lasted forever, would we appreciate how precious they are?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users