• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Perm Shadow Form

Perm Shadow Form

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

The current game modes are just boring, not only that, the combat is equally as boring, lacks variety.

#32 Aodan

Aodan

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 1616 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

Like I've said even before release, is for GW2 to go Esports they need to watch their range v melee balancing and handle getting Custom Arena (Private Rooms) operational so that tournaments/ladders like Jowst. and Fragged Nation can take off.

Trying to create a raiting system like SC2/LoL this late is only going to cause more people to leave this game.

Even with some press on the outside tournaments/ladders will bring in more players than ppl hearing about a "supposable" ranking system.

Pushing a new ranking system is an idiot move on Anet's part.

#33 Phaeton

Phaeton

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[RK]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

The rating system is in place to stop players getting stomped by qt, and to allow solo players a fair fight with others pugs. It's not what you're working towards.

I for one am a fan of the way ANet is working on spvp at the moment. The single match paids have boosted the activity in this area tenfold, and the game meta feels more balanced and stable every month (speaking as a r45 who mains warrior). To be honest we're one ele tweak from being balanced now class-wise.

ANet are using side point objectives partly to make the game more watchable. Matches on the temple are far more interesting to watch, and it sounds like the next map will continue this trend.

Esports would bolster high end activity on this game, and there's so much that can be done with class comps which hasn't been utilised yet.

One thing I will say is that the success as an Esports will be heavily dependant on the community contibutions from top teams. A lot of the streams at the moment are, frankly, more boring than they could be (in terms of chat etc). Also more could be done to educate the community on how to play, as this would fix most player complaints about the gameplay.

My 2 cents. Computer broke yesterday, so will be more active on the forums this week. Instead of just playing spvp :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users