• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheR3VO

TheR3VO

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

didn't get much love in the official gw2 forums so i'm asking for some of your advice here.

I'm trying to find a build to stick with on my warrior. I ran the sonic boon build for a while but I quickly found out i didn't have the skills in me to stay up in dungeons. Then i saw dontains rather tanky approach on his warrior and thought to myself, could i make a functional hybrid with these two?
The traits I'm thinking at the moment--> http://www.guildhead...R9waGax0VVaMoRb

So what I'm trying to achieve here is decent dps via stacking might, healing and condition removal via shouts and full runes of the soldier and survivability. somehow.

Then to where my problem occurs. what gear/trinkets to wear? soldiers? knights? mix of both? or even berzerkers? weapon sigils? I'm aware that Warrior has one of the highest healthpools in-game but should it be even higher? or is Toughness more worthile? also to maintain the stacks of might i'd need to have enough precision for higher crit%...

any and all help is much appreciated :)

#2 chuckles79

chuckles79

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1685 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FANG]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

I tried shouts heal once and was dismayed about the healing.  I'd take those last 10 points in tactics, and put into Strength for the added major trait for GS/Spear.

For gear, I recommend Knights for all trinkets except the amulet, go with Beserker's to up your dmg.  Go with all Soldiers armor (all but breastplate from Orr, get breastplate from AC vendor).  Be sure to get 6 superior runes of the soldier to give you condition removal upon shouts.

Lastly, if you are not broke from all this, get two exotic greatswords.  One should be undead slaying (because going through Orr like a chainsaw helps when you are there) and one with a general buff.  I have Nullification because the sword came with it, but a sigil of air or a more generic buff will help more with your DPS.

The game does  not get any easier than that, I promise you.

#3 Puandro

Puandro

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

View Postchuckles79, on 26 January 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

I tried shouts heal once and was dismayed about the healing.  I'd take those last 10 points in tactics, and put into Strength for the added major trait for GS/Spear.

For gear, I recommend Knights for all trinkets except the amulet, go with Beserker's to up your dmg.  Go with all Soldiers armor (all but breastplate from Orr, get breastplate from AC vendor).  Be sure to get 6 superior runes of the soldier to give you condition removal upon shouts.

Lastly, if you are not broke from all this, get two exotic greatswords.  One should be undead slaying (because going through Orr like a chainsaw helps when you are there) and one with a general buff.  I have Nullification because the sword came with it, but a sigil of air or a more generic buff will help more with your DPS.

You don't need Soldeir gear on a warrior, its a waste. Knight/Berserker mix is the best option.

#4 TheR3VO

TheR3VO

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

View Postchuckles79, on 26 January 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

shout heals are staying, forgot to mention it on first post.

#5 Nikephoros

Nikephoros

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1075 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

View PostTheR3VO, on 27 January 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

shout heals are staying, forgot to mention it on first post.

"I want help, but I'm going to tell you the exact help I want."

Sounds like you already know what build you want to run and you're just coming here for confirmation.

My advice is practice dungeons so you know when and where to dodge, and then run a build who can actually bring decent dps.  Just FYI, there are plenty of places in dungeons and fractals where it doesn't matter how tanky you make yourself, if you don't know when and how to dodge you're going to die.  So wearing all your horrible defensive gear and running a garbage tanky build isn't going to replace skill and knowledge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users