10 replies to this topic

#1 nenne86

nenne86

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

hi,

so since tomorrow is supposed to bring the update with laurels... does anyone know whether they'll be a reward for the daily right away?

they said the monthly would start in february, but i haven't read anything about the dailies yet.

also does anyone know when the update will come exactly?

thanks in advance

#2 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3314 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

View Postnenne86, on 27 January 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

hi,

so since tomorrow is supposed to bring the update with laurels... does anyone know whether they'll be a reward for the daily right away?

they said the monthly would start in february, but i haven't read anything about the dailies yet.

also does anyone know when the update will come exactly?

thanks in advance

Most of their updates hit at noon their time, although some have started at 00:00 their time, we don't know tbh.

#3 Azure Skye

Azure Skye

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[CUTE]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

View PostGilles VI, on 27 January 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

Most of their updates hit at noon their time, although some have started at 00:00 their time, we don't know tbh.
Sometimes, it doesn't hit till later in their time like 6 or 8 pm pst. o.o

#4 Flaming_Foxx

Flaming_Foxx

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

I would imagine that Dailies will start right away/begin the day after the update.
The only reason they couldn't do it for monthlies is because some people will have already completed it and others wouldn't have. So it starts next month so they dont have to put up with people saying "why am I being punished for doing my monthly early while people who did it slowly get quicker access to these new rewards".

#5 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

View PostFlaming_Foxx, on 28 January 2013 - 01:55 AM, said:

I would imagine that Dailies will start right away/begin the day after the update.
The only reason they couldn't do it for monthlies is because some people will have already completed it and others wouldn't have. So it starts next month so they dont have to put up with people saying "why am I being punished for doing my monthly early while people who did it slowly get quicker access to these new rewards".

Exactly this, imo. We'll get the new laurels starting the 29th for dailies.

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!

#6 Nabuko Darayon

Nabuko Darayon

Creative Quaggan

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

ANy info on laurels gotten through achievement points?

Edited by Nabuko Darayon, 28 January 2013 - 02:13 AM.

#7 Flaming_Foxx

Flaming_Foxx

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

View PostNabuko Darayon, on 28 January 2013 - 02:13 AM, said:

ANy info on laurels gotten through achievement points?

I don't think there are any. Regular achievements will still just give achievements.

Why do I think this.
"Laurels are only earned through daily and monthly achievements (starting with the feb monthly) and will not reward for previous daily/monthly achievements completed since folks didn’t know this system was coming.
We will however introduce an expanded/new reward system in the future that will reward for other types of achievements, this system will reward previous achievement points earned. (But may require bringing back into line some infinitely repeatable achievements that would bloat/break this system)"
That's a quote from Colin off the forums:
https://forum-en.gui...scussion/page/2

Edited by Flaming_Foxx, 28 January 2013 - 02:19 AM.

#8 Dervo

Dervo

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

Yeah Foxx, achievements other than dailies/monthlies won't give laurels... right away.  In the future laurels will be given for the other achievements as well.  They've said they're thinking about how to deal with the achievements we have right now that don't have a limit (one example is the salvaging achievement).  They've also said this will be retroactive.  I'd link quotes, but you already linked one that says exactly that.  :P

#9 Flaming_Foxx

Flaming_Foxx

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

View PostDervo, on 28 January 2013 - 02:25 AM, said:

Yeah Foxx, achievements other than dailies/monthlies won't give laurels... right away.  In the future laurels will be given for the other achievements as well.  They've said they're thinking about how to deal with the achievements we have right now that don't have a limit (one example is the salvaging achievement).  They've also said this will be retroactive.  I'd link quotes, but you already linked one that says exactly that.  :P

Actually if you read the quote I linked it says they will introduce an "expanded/new reward system,,, for other types of achievements"
The way I read that is that Laurels will be kept strictly for Daily/Monthly and a new reward system will be brought in for regular achievements. Basically a monetization of our achievement points (with edits to achievements that are repeatable). But thats just how I interpreted it.

#10 Dervo

Dervo

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

View PostFlaming_Foxx, on 28 January 2013 - 02:51 AM, said:

Actually if you read the quote I linked it says they will introduce an "expanded/new reward system,,, for other types of achievements"
The way I read that is that Laurels will be kept strictly for Daily/Monthly and a new reward system will be brought in for regular achievements. Basically a monetization of our achievement points (with edits to achievements that are repeatable). But thats just how I interpreted it.

Huh, I could have sworn that I read something that said that the tokens would be the same system, but after finding what it said I must have been mistaken.  This is what Colin said:

We will develop a separate reward system you’ll see later for other types of achievements, this system hasn’t been finalized, it’s entirely possible this system will not reward the crown currency at all. This system will retroactively reward achievements you’ve already earned (except dailies/monthlies) and may possibly cap out the rewards you can earn from infinitely repeatable achievements, so no one has an unfair advantage.

I don't think it was the same post as I had seen earlier though, as I seem to recall them simply stating tokens at the time.  Basically, my info is old and outdated so you're probably right.

How many different token systems are they going to introduce anyway?

#11 nenne86

nenne86

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

thanks for the replies, i guess ill just keep my variety kills under 15 for tonight and stick to wvw until the update comes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users