• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 iNko

iNko

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

i saw that u can buy t6 mats with laurels, should i sell my t6 mats [got over 1k] now? reason for this - i think the price might be dropping now because u can get t6 mats from npc... any suggestions?

#2 Rumstein

Rumstein

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

Think for yourself.

If people say yes, the market will flood and undercut quickly.

If people say no, value will drop and you will lose money anyway.

Edited by Rumstein, 29 January 2013 - 07:35 AM.

#3 Cevilo

Cevilo

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PoR]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

I'm not entirely sure.

It depends on how many mats are in the pack. each player could get only 1 per day, or 20 for the monthly. also if it's going to happen I imagine it will be a few months down the line when every one has their ascended rings/ammys

#4 gamblers_luck

gamblers_luck

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

Most sensible players won't be spending their laurels, they'll be saving them for ascended pendants and infusions, however there will be a small amount of new players who are new to the game who no doubt buy them so your answer I speculate is that yes there will be a slight increase in supply, but because of how the economy is now the 'Gold barons' will buy them up fast and resell higher as is what normally happens.

#5 aguliondew

aguliondew

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

It is because heavy loot bags drop more often now. Increasing the supply of some t6 mats. Just like the Orrian loot box increased the supply of lodestones. Both t6 mats and lodestone price are decreasing.

#6 Nabuko Darayon

Nabuko Darayon

Creative Quaggan

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

frankly if ascended amulets dropfrom daily chests in fractals at higher reward levels I don't see why would anyone save them for laurel ones, especially people who are after legendaries.

#7 Swarfega

Swarfega

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

1k of T6 mats? I have one Onyx core :(

#8 Erighan

Erighan

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

I sold all T6 mats yesterday before the update.  More people will begin to farm Orr areas, and since they increased the drop rate of Moldy Bags, that means more T6 mats hitting the market.  They won't crash, but I predict a slow decline.

Edit - Take that back, some prices are coming down nicely ;)  Powerful bloods were at 25s yesterday and now they are 20s.  They're all dropping quickly and it's only been half a day since the update.

Edited by Erighan, 29 January 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#9 Tyrantscreed

Tyrantscreed

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SG]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

Yep, T6 Mats and Lodestone prices will drop - horray! More legendaries inc.

#10 matsif

matsif

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1516 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

t6 mats dropping more from the heavy moldy bags than the laurel items.  I bought a heavy bag from the laurel merch with my daily yesterday and got 2 bloods and 1 dust.  not a ton to be made from that.  but those moldy bags are dropping like crazy in the regular CS chains (penitant, plinx, jofast, etc.).  plus the orr mobs are dropping more t6 mats or so it seemed to me.

Edited by matsif, 29 January 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#11 Mister Stygian

Mister Stygian

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Yah, T6 materials and lodestones are really easy to get by playing cursed shore.  They are both going to drop like crazy in price.

Edited by Mister Stygian, 29 January 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#12 artemist

artemist

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[IF]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Should I sell my lodestones now or just w8 few days? Maybe price will stabilize.. better sell lower than stuck with tons of lodestones on tp:(

What do you think?

Edited by artemist, 29 January 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#13 Schwarzseher

Schwarzseher

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Server:Drakkar Lake

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

That's a good thing! They were all way to expensive in the first place and now I can work on Frostfang!

#14 Mister Stygian

Mister Stygian

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

I sold all the ones I am not going to use for my legendary last night and sell as they drop now.

#15 Verene

Verene

Under the Pale Tree

• Community Contributors
  • 918 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[TWIT]

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

View PostCevilo, on 29 January 2013 - 07:51 AM, said:

I'm not entirely sure.

It depends on how many mats are in the pack. each player could get only 1 per day, or 20 for the monthly. also if it's going to happen I imagine it will be a few months down the line when every one has their ascended rings/ammys

From what I've seen (friends buying bags, and what wiki says), the T6 bags will give three random T6 mats. I got one crystaline dust, one powerful blood, and one armored scale out of the one I bought with my laurel yesterday just to see what it'd drop.

View Postgamblers_luck, on 29 January 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Most sensible players won't be spending their laurels, they'll be saving them for ascended pendants and infusions, however there will be a small amount of new players who are new to the game who no doubt buy them so your answer I speculate is that yes there will be a slight increase in supply, but because of how the economy is now the 'Gold barons' will buy them up fast and resell higher as is what normally happens.

Not everyone cares about ascended stuff. I don't like fractals, and getting an extra two stat points is pretty irrelevant to me and not worth it. I'd rather have more mats to go towards my legendary.

I think the bigger change to T6 mat prices will be the increase in heavy moldy bag drops, though, not the T6 bags from laurels.

Edited by Verene, 30 January 2013 - 06:26 AM.

#16 Cevilo

Cevilo

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

View PostVerene, on 30 January 2013 - 06:25 AM, said:

From what I've seen (friends buying bags, and what wiki says), the T6 bags will give three random T6 mats. I got one crystaline dust, one powerful blood, and one armored scale out of the one I bought with my laurel yesterday just to see what it'd drop.

ok so that like 3 mats a day. I don't think that will make much impact on the market initially if at all. would  see a bigger impact next month if people use all their monthlies to buy them. and even then that's just 60 random mats. which isn't enough to satisfy the tens of thousands of people wanting mats.

#17 iNko

iNko

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

reading all these replies decided to sell all my loadstones/t6, any suggestions on what i should invest all my gold to? personally thinking ectos/ mystic forge conduct/ minis/ some exotic with nice skins/ gems. would like to hear more opinions on where to invest..

Edited by iNko, 30 January 2013 - 09:11 AM.

#18 escada_assassin

escada_assassin

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[EG]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostCevilo, on 30 January 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

ok so that like 3 mats a day. I don't think that will make much impact on the market initially if at all. would  see a bigger impact next month if people use all their monthlies to buy them. and even then that's just 60 random mats. which isn't enough to satisfy the tens of thousands of people wanting mats.

Now imagine if 100.000 players open their bags and sell the T6's every day. Would that be around 100.000 x 3 / bag = 300.000 T6 materials / day? What if 500.000 players would do that? This together with the increased drop rate for heavy moldy bags - I think the prices for T6 will drop. I think the prices for lodestones and cores already started to drop due to the orr boxes.

#19 Serris

Serris

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

View Postescada_assassin, on 30 January 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

Now imagine if 100.000 players open their bags and sell the T6's every day. Would that be around 100.000 x 3 / bag = 300.000 T6 materials / day? What if 500.000 players would do that? This together with the increased drop rate for heavy moldy bags - I think the prices for T6 will drop. I think the prices for lodestones and cores already started to drop due to the orr boxes.

gw2 has sold about 3 million times. somehow i doubt a sixth of that will decide to
A. spend laurels on bags (there seem better options out there)
B. sell these mats when they've already spent a laurel on a bag. (if they're already spending a valuable laurel on a bag, they probably want the mats for themselves)

Edited by Serris, 30 January 2013 - 10:40 AM.

#20 gamblers_luck

gamblers_luck

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostVerene, on 30 January 2013 - 06:25 AM, said:

Not everyone cares about ascended stuff. I don't like fractals, and getting an extra two stat points is pretty irrelevant to me and not worth it. I'd rather have more mats to go towards my legendary.

I think the bigger change to T6 mat prices will be the increase in heavy moldy bag drops, though, not the T6 bags from laurels.

Good point about the bag, however the thing about ascended gear is it does give you a small stat increase, also some of the new infusions give you extra magic find or 20% extra gold from drops. These alone might be the push  but a lot of competitive WvW guilds want their players in the best gear.

#21 iNko

iNko

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

i got 150g from my t6 mat sales, also got ~40 loadstones that can sell for another 80g or so, i need someone smart to answer this for me please:

1) should i sell my loadstones? i saw many ppl speculate that prices for them will drop because of the orr boxes, but im not too sure about that, need help here.
2) im thinking about investing my gold into 3 things now - endless halloween tonic (~90g order or 150g buyout), mystic forge conduct (55g order ~70g buyout, prices for this item went up by 20g in the past few days), unbreakable bell (36g order ~45g buyout). Reason i pick these items - they cant be created anymore so their prices can only go up, but i cant decide on witch one is most valuable..
3) globs of ecto, reason for this - the biggest goal for most ppl in this game is to craft the legendary, and u need quite a lot of ectos for it, so i think globs prices will also keep on rising. Also u need ectos for many other cool items, so this helps too..

So yeah, help me pick where to invest my gold, having 150g in my stash and not invested in something really feels like im missing out on potential gold every hour..

Edit: nvm invested 115g into ghastly shield, reason - best looking shield skin, only can be obtained via tp, lowest buyout was ~185g.. Still need help deciding either sell or not the lodestones

Edited by iNko, 30 January 2013 - 01:07 PM.

#22 Verene

Verene

Under the Pale Tree

• Community Contributors
  • 918 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

I don't think the price of ecto is going to go any higher than it is now. It's high, but it's been steady for quite some time; if anything it'll stay balanced where it is or start falling a bit. Also, I definitely wouldn't say it's the goal of most people to get a legendary. I'd say that's a goal of a very small number of people, because of the amount of work and money that goes into it.

View Postgamblers_luck, on 30 January 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:

Good point about the bag, however the thing about ascended gear is it does give you a small stat increase, also some of the new infusions give you extra magic find or 20% extra gold from drops. These alone might be the push  but a lot of competitive WvW guilds want their players in the best gear.

I know they're a stat increase, but it's such a tiny stat increase. The difference between a berserker's exotic (with an exquisite ruby jewel) and a berserker's ascended is 10 power, 5 precision, 2% crit damage. That's essentially nothing - it's about comparable to the difference between rare and exotic jewelry. If there were earrings available as well so you could have a full set of ascended accessories then it'd be more worth it, as at that point it'd add up quite a bit, but only being able to have three pieces makes it less important.

The infusions will probably be a bigger draw right now to be honest, though I prefer to stick with my Omnomberries.

Also, don't underestimate the number of people who'll want the minis, tonic, and dye. UnIDed dye is still incredibly expensive, and that's a good, cheap way to get your hands on some. A lot of people are going to want those minis and the tonic. I'd rather have an everlasting cat tonic than a piece of equipment I can't even see! :D

#23 BrettM

BrettM

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FPI]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

View PostSerris, on 30 January 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

(if they're already spending a valuable laurel on a bag, they probably want the mats for themselves)
Which means they won't be buying those mats on the TP, which means less demand for mats, which leads to lower prices. So it doesn't really matter if they sell them or keep them. Either way the supply:demand ratio is affected.

Lower lodestone prices means I will soon be able to afford to craft the superior runes I want for a couple of my characters. Lower T6 mats puts me closer to being able to craft exotic armor and weapons for all my characters. Huzzah for lower prices! :)

#24 gamblers_luck

gamblers_luck

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

View PostVerene, on 30 January 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

I don't think the price of ecto is going to go any higher than it is now. It's high, but it's been steady for quite some time; if anything it'll stay balanced where it is or start falling a bit. Also, I definitely wouldn't say it's the goal of most people to get a legendary. I'd say that's a goal of a very small number of people, because of the amount of work and money that goes into it.

I know they're a stat increase, but it's such a tiny stat increase. The difference between a berserker's exotic (with an exquisite ruby jewel) and a berserker's ascended is 10 power, 5 precision, 2% crit damage. That's essentially nothing - it's about comparable to the difference between rare and exotic jewelry. If there were earrings available as well so you could have a full set of ascended accessories then it'd be more worth it, as at that point it'd add up quite a bit, but only being able to have three pieces makes it less important.

The infusions will probably be a bigger draw right now to be honest, though I prefer to stick with my Omnomberries.

Also, don't underestimate the number of people who'll want the minis, tonic, and dye. UnIDed dye is still incredibly expensive, and that's a good, cheap way to get your hands on some. A lot of people are going to want those minis and the tonic. I'd rather have an everlasting cat tonic than a piece of equipment I can't even see! :D

Guild kick for anyone in WvW wearing beserker gear! :-P

Anyway I'm fed up playing the market on Tp, kinda getting boring now.

#25 Verene

Verene

Under the Pale Tree

• Community Contributors
  • 918 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

I was just using that as an example because it's the only one I can remember what jewels are used to make it off the top of my head :P There are still a lot of crafted jewel stats that are still not available as ascended yet.

(also WvW ewwwww. I only go in there to do the jump puzzles for badges!)

#26 Cevilo

Cevilo

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

View PostiNko, on 30 January 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

i got 150g from my t6 mat sales...endless halloween tonic  unbreakable bell (36g order ~45g buyout). Reason i pick these items - they cant be created anymore so their prices can only go up, but i cant decide on witch one is most valuable...

Edit: nvm invested 115g into ghastly shield, reason - best looking shield skin, only can be obtained via tp, lowest buyout was ~185g.. Still need help deciding either sell or not the lodestones

this could be smart or dumb, more than likely the endless tonic / unbreakable bell will be available again when the respected holidays come back. the shield, If they don't design new skins for 2013, will probably be put in to the gem store for a fraction of what you spent. in gold. but you made you choice now, it will be worth it until Halloween, we will see if the skins become available again.

View PostVerene, on 30 January 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

this is one of those things where it's for players choice. you're opinion is valid, but then you have to realize,  WvW (you stated you do not like it, but it's a big part of the game for other people) and dungeon running guilds, that demand top tier players with top tier gear, in your example, that would total 6% extra crit damage, 15 precision and 30 extra power (+ what ever utility slot they put it, could be more power or what ever) in a PvP fight or in a dungeon that slight buff adds up, spending seconds less fight mobs because of the increase in damage and slight higher crit chance which in turn could be a min or 2 less spend running the dungeon. in open world, there is only you, and you may or may not notice the difference. in dungeons, where you have to work together, that's each person being slightly stronger. you're tank has slightly more life and defense, you're DPS has slightly more damage crit chance and crit damage. that slight bit of strength could be the difference between a party wipe and a face roll. But there are prizes at the merch that are for every demographic of the game I feel.

View PostBrettM, on 30 January 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

Which means they won't be buying those mats on the TP, which means less demand for mats, which leads to lower prices. So it doesn't really matter if they sell them or keep them. Either way the supply:demand ratio is affected.

Lower lodestone prices means I will soon be able to afford to craft the superior runes I want for a couple of my characters. Lower T6 mats puts me closer to being able to craft exotic armor and weapons for all my characters. Huzzah for lower prices! :)

I disagree, this really means very little, if you're undertaking the task of crafting a legendary, you'll understand those 3 mats you get each day mean about squat, they are a drop in the bucket that can add up for sure, but there is still going to be super heavy grind for gold/mats. and on top of that they are random drops, so the more mats you have maxed out the lower your chances of getting a mat you want. on top of that you need 250 of 8 different t6 mats (2000 items total, accounts for half of your legendary). so on laurels alone, it would take you 2 years to get the mats for half a legendary. then you take into account that they are also used for high level crafting, max armor and weapons for people not taking on the task of a legendary, also mystic forge recipes for awesome looking but not legendary items, and mystic forge recipes ascended back pieces, I'm sure the demand nor the price will go any where.

#27 agm

agm

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

https://forum-en.gui...ons-after-patch
http://www.gw2db.com...-ancient-bone-s

Could this be market manipulation? I have not seen anyone do that on the official forums yet and what he says seems quite logical to me tbh. Even with more moldy bags and laurel crafting bags added to the game, it will still never match the amount of ancient bones people would normally get from orr and plinx farm. The prices of carrion weapons might also go up.

edit: Apparently the drops got corrected soon after and orr mobs drop only ancient bones again.

Edited by agm, 31 January 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#28 matsif

matsif

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1516 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

View Postagm, on 31 January 2013 - 07:13 AM, said:

edit: Apparently the drops got corrected soon after and orr mobs drop only ancient bones again.

I got a powerful blood from a risen putrifier last night after the newest hotfix patch.  I think (in anet's mind) the drop rate was too high, so they adjusted it, but they didn't take away the ability to get mats other than ancient bones.

#29 Elysen

Elysen

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 410 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

Most sensible players won't be spending their laurels, they'll be saving them for ascended pendants and infusions.

This, I for one will be saving for Utility zerker pendant & gold infusion for COF farming.

however there will be a small amount of new players who are new to the game who no doubt buy them

Not necessarily. I for one didn't know about the cost of T6 materials as a new player. Maybe you could put this down to they weren't expensive then (at least relatively now), but my point still stands.

Will a player who has been playing for a few days and has a level 30 know they can spend those laurels and get a few items worth 20s each? Not on your nellie. As I see it, the only "new" players that will be doing this are ones with longer playing friends advising them to do so to make a quick buck.

That said, the option to obtain them in this way will affect the price, even if it isn't widely done.

View Postaguliondew, on 29 January 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

It is because heavy loot bags drop more often now. Increasing the supply of some t6 mats. Just like the Orrian loot box increased the supply of lodestones. Both t6 mats and lodestone price are decreasing.

This is more likely the cause.

#30 Meridya

Meridya

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

Strangely enough, while most of the t6 mats/lodestones are dropping in price over the past week, I've noticed that the price of dust has nearly doubled.  Incandescent dust was selling at 48 coppers each last week and is now at 92 copper.  Crystalline Dust was selling around 8 silver each and is now up to 14 silver.  I'm not exactly sure what's going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users