Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

No more rich ori node...


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Bloodtau

Bloodtau

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Banned
  • 999 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Seems the node near the champion has been changed into a standard node.....
That's node farms pretty wrecked now =(

#2 ShezuTsukai

ShezuTsukai

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 481 posts
  • Location:Coast of Nebraska
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[Soul]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

It's guarded by a champion. Did they at least put in a chest for defeating the champ? Or is this just another area not worth the hassle to go to?

#3 SunRoamer

SunRoamer

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

The champion was way too easy to run by anyway oO

#4 matsif

matsif

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostShezuTsukai, on 29 January 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

It's guarded by a champion. Did they at least put in a chest for defeating the champ? Or is this just another area not worth the hassle to go to?

the only reason to go there before they removed the node yesterday was for that rich ori vein.  the entire zone is just about empty 99% of the time.  I don't know if they added a chest because, as stated, I've never seen the champ downed.

still gonna be part of the regular ori run rotation, but without the rich vein the zone has even less appeal than it had before, and if there wasn't ori there it would be empty 100% of the time.

#5 Beta Sprite

Beta Sprite

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Location:Wisconsin, USA
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Just need to mention this:  This change was called out in the patch notes.  It wasn't added in secretly or anything.

Also, at least it's a definite location for Orichalcum, unlike running around Orr.

#6 skooterodin

skooterodin

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Sad that all the programing and such for a wasted area. Makes you wonder about future wasted areas to go to when the unlock in future.
I am starting to really wonder what the future vision of this game is for Anet.

i didnt like the rich node either as it made orichalum kinda pointless to look anywhere else in the map. I would of like to seen the rich node pop up in diferent places within the lost shores map tho.

#7 ShezuTsukai

ShezuTsukai

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 481 posts
  • Location:Coast of Nebraska
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[Soul]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

It just isn't smart taking away the reason many players even went to LS. I always went around for awhile hitting other nodes and karka. Now Orr seems more inviting.

If Anet really didn't like the rich node farm they should have added something to make it more interesting not taken away the motivation.

#8 Volkon

Volkon

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2934 posts
  • Location:Somewhere on a borderland in a sea of clones.
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

They've stated from the onset that Southsun is going to be a major area for future content, so hang in there. This is only the beginning.

#9 God Pain

God Pain

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

there is a solution for this, kinda... Just mine the Ori on your server, guest on another server and mine it again... You can get 9 harvests from 1 character a day. A Rich Ori gives you 10, not a big difference, except time wise.

EDIT: Btw, I don't know if Anet thought of this or not, but if i'm playing a character and find a Fixed Rich ore i can mine it, guest 2 times and get the triple of the ores... Dont' know if that is possible or not, but sure am going to try it

Edited by God Pain, 29 January 2013 - 07:55 PM.


#10 Azure Skye

Azure Skye

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2099 posts
  • Location:(づ。*◕__◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧・。*。✧ Magic!
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[CUTE]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

View PostGod Pain, on 29 January 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

there is a solution for this, kinda... Just mine the Ori on your server, guest on another server and mine it again... You can get 9 harvests from 1 character a day. A Rich Ori gives you 10, not a big difference, except time wise.

EDIT: Btw, I don't know if Anet thought of this or not, but if i'm playing a character and find a Fixed Rich ore i can mine it, guest 2 times and get the triple of the ores... Dont' know if that is possible or not, but sure am going to try it
Doesn't the rich ori node take a day to reset? o.o

#11 God Pain

God Pain

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostAzure Skye, on 29 January 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

Doesn't the rich ori node take a day to reset? o.o

if you guest on another server no, it takes 24 hours to reset on your server.

#12 Sandpit

Sandpit

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

So, yet another dead zone, though admittedly it was dead except the quick run for cash.

When will ANet learn that the best way to make the game live is to give a reason for it. The world shrinks yet again.

#13 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

    Legion Commander

  • Members
  • 5370 posts
  • Location:Sweden
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

View PostGod Pain, on 29 January 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

there is a solution for this, kinda... Just mine the Ori on your server, guest on another server and mine it again... You can get 9 harvests from 1 character a day. A Rich Ori gives you 10, not a big difference, except time wise.

EDIT: Btw, I don't know if Anet thought of this or not, but if i'm playing a character and find a Fixed Rich ore i can mine it, guest 2 times and get the triple of the ores... Dont' know if that is possible or not, but sure am going to try it

Which is most likely the very reason for removing the Rich status of the Node in question.

#14 Millimidget

Millimidget

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

View PostVolkon, on 29 January 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

They've stated from the onset that Southsun is going to be a major area for future content, so hang in there. This is only the beginning.
Ha, that's a good one.

#15 Volkon

Volkon

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2934 posts
  • Location:Somewhere on a borderland in a sea of clones.
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostMillimidget, on 30 January 2013 - 12:37 AM, said:

Ha, that's a good one.

It's true though. The whole idea of the karka events was to simply open up Southsun as an explorable area. They're going to use that area for a ton of new level 80 content over time. I wish I could find the blog about it but failed... maybe someone has the link?

#16 Bloodtau

Bloodtau

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Banned
  • 999 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostShezuTsukai, on 29 January 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

It's guarded by a champion. Did they at least put in a chest for defeating the champ? Or is this just another area not worth the hassle to go to?

Every champion I have beaten so far drops a chest containing a gold item. Not sure if the karka one does (think it probably will though) since I haven't been able to get people together to fight it

#17 Waar Kijk Je Naar

Waar Kijk Je Naar

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1595 posts
  • Location:The Netherlands
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[GSD]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Tbh you could (still can) skip the champion easily by jumping on the wood just next to the ore. Parked 4 of my 5 characters there for daily mining.  Guess I'll go back to walking around on Orr.

#18 Lythuun

Lythuun

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostShezuTsukai, on 29 January 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

It just isn't smart taking away the reason many players even went to LS.

I went there once, to park my multiple 80's up near the Rich Ori to mine each day, I wasnt actually playing the content, literally just leaving my toons logged out right next to it so I could mine it, then instantly log off. Hell, I even made one Gathering Banner last well over a week.

Nerf was deserved, even I felt as if I was cheating the system with it.

View PostGod Pain, on 29 January 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

there is a solution for this, kinda... Just mine the Ori on your server, guest on another server and mine it again... You can get 9 harvests from 1 character a day. A Rich Ori gives you 10, not a big difference, except time wise.

EDIT: Btw, I don't know if Anet thought of this or not, but if i'm playing a character and find a Fixed Rich ore i can mine it, guest 2 times and get the triple of the ores... Dont' know if that is possible or not, but sure am going to try it

Pretty sure they made the ore reset per-account, not per-server, way back when there wasn't much of a limit on transfers.

Before I jumped from IoJ to FA a few days before the patch, I'd mined the Rich Ori on IoJ, once I got to FA, it was still depleted, this was on all my characters. Couldn't do it twice on each character because of a server hop.

#19 Resolve

Resolve

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Ugh, this will just increase the cost of it.

#20 Calypso589

Calypso589

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Costs will go up, yes but there's opportunity here to make loads of money.

Personally I'm trying to get into the habit of taking 1 to 2 hours a day farming minerals, soon as I log on.

I'll hit up cursed shore and run up and down the entirety of the zone, then Frostgorge and then Southsun Cove.
A full stack of mithril is worth about 1g10s while a full stack of orichalcum is worth near 7g. I might also try to work a Karka farm in there.



#21 Ehragus

Ehragus

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 152 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Luckily i have all the ori i need for twilight already. :)

#22 Azure Skye

Azure Skye

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2099 posts
  • Location:(づ。*◕__◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧・。*。✧ Magic!
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[CUTE]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

View PostCalypso589, on 30 January 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

Costs will go up, yes but there's opportunity here to make loads of money.

Personally I'm trying to get into the habit of taking 1 to 2 hours a day farming minerals, soon as I log on.

I'll hit up cursed shore and run up and down the entirety of the zone, then Frostgorge and then Southsun Cove.
A full stack of mithril is worth about 1g10s while a full stack of orichalcum is worth near 7g. I might also try to work a Karka farm in there.
I will still farm Southsun Cove, i still hate the damn crowd control from the risen. The cove has alot of mithril nodes and a few ori nodes with little crowd control.

#23 God Pain

God Pain

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

View PostLythuun, on 30 January 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

I went there once, to park my multiple 80's up near the Rich Ori to mine each day, I wasnt actually playing the content, literally just leaving my toons logged out right next to it so I could mine it, then instantly log off. Hell, I even made one Gathering Banner last well over a week.

Nerf was deserved, even I felt as if I was cheating the system with it.



Pretty sure they made the ore reset per-account, not per-server, way back when there wasn't much of a limit on transfers.

Before I jumped from IoJ to FA a few days before the patch, I'd mined the Rich Ori on IoJ, once I got to FA, it was still depleted, this was on all my characters. Couldn't do it twice on each character because of a server hop.

i tried doing it the 28th when the update came out and it worked. Haven't done it since the 29th update, but i doubt it that they changed it.

#24 Krazzar

Krazzar

    Legend of the Norn

  • Members
  • 7989 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

View Postmatsif, on 29 January 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

the only reason to go there before they removed the node yesterday was for that rich ori vein.  the entire zone is just about empty 99% of the time.  I don't know if they added a chest because, as stated, I've never seen the champ downed.

still gonna be part of the regular ori run rotation, but without the rich vein the zone has even less appeal than it had before, and if there wasn't ori there it would be empty 100% of the time.

The last time I was there to defeat the champion there was no chest, but that was only a couple weeks after the debut event.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users