#31 reap3rx

reap3rx

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EPIC]

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

Here's what is wrong with WvW:

The scoreboard. Server rankings were cool at first, but it's killing WvW. The idea behind 3 faction RvR is that it balances itself due to the two weaker realms teaming up to beat the strongest realm. With the scoreboard, the team in 2nd place is thinking: "Well, we're down 100k points from 1st place, and only 25k above 3rd place, so the logical thing to do would be to beat on 3rd place server to ensure we stay in 2nd." Thus you get these massive victories for one server.

Since the system of trying to match closely ranked servers is never going away, I'd propose making the points hidden, and ArenaNet tracking statistics like this secretly. There also needs to be a real reason to be dominant in WvW, and they should steal from DAoC and create a PvP/E area with higher chances to drop exotics/unique boss encounters, etc, that only become unlocked by holding the majority of keeps/outposts in all 4 WvW areas. There's all sorts of stuff they could do to make a unique area that would make people want to be there, involving the Mists and GW1 lore with improved chances to drop rare/exotic loot, or whatever. Similar to unlocking Darkness Falls in DAoC. 2nd place servers would realize that they need to team up with 3rd place servers if they ever want a chance of unlocking this zone. When 1st place servers unlock the zone, naturally people will go to it, and will give the other servers a chance to catch up. When the leader changes, allow the previous leader's people stay in the mists zone until they are killed off, either by mobs or incoming players from the new leading server, then they are ported out.

The important thing is, there needs to be an unlockable incentive for people to get in 1st place, with rewards. There needs to be a reason for the 2 underdogs to take down the top dog.

Edited by reap3rx, 04 February 2013 - 05:40 AM.

#32 Lilly32

Lilly32

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

There is no reward for controlling the most crap like there was in DAoC.  Where is our Darkness Falls?

#33 RawNG

RawNG

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

I'd like to see more caves, tunnels, small areas that have incentive for small groups or solo players so I know I can go somewhere to find some nice small fights or 1v1s.  As someone who played a Rogue since Vanilla, these things have always been the most fun.  Camping places like BRM for hours or doing stealth runs into IF and ganking people.  It needs to feel more like world pvp.  There's not enough nooks and crannies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users