4 replies to this topic

#1 Coren2

Coren2

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Hi guys,

Ok first of all, I got two fully equipped characters: full dps mesmer and conditions engineer, so I'm looking for something a bit different.

I got into warrior, well simply because it was time to go heavy armor and I like axes :) I'd like to know how viable a warrior is without a GS, which as we all know is what 90% of people use... But I don't like.swords at all, so I tend to prefer.axes and hammers.

Can you suggest a dual axe and bow direct damage/support build (conditions being no way as good as what an engineer can deliver) with bow and/or hammer (for CC) please?

Or should I focus on just support and CC with hammer and mace/horn if I want to be any use without spreading myself too thin.

#2 Schwarzseher

Schwarzseher

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Server:Drakkar Lake

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Ok short disclaimer this is nowhere near perfect I'm currently working on other ways how to play this type of build:
First of all I don't go Axe/Axe but rather Axe/Mace...in general both is fine but I do love that extra vulnerability the offhand mace offers. And the knockdown has saved me quiet a bit. Axe/Axe should be fine too  (and might be even better..but I love it that way =) ).
http://intothemists....49;557B45-JJk6F
You can almost always swap out the 10 in tactics for longer range on bow.
I use half knight's(helmet, chest, pants) half zerkers(shoulder, hands, feet) and accessories I'm still mixing to find the type I like. Runes I'm working on but I'll probably get soldiers(which will conclude my search for accessories->zerkers for more damage).
With food(for example mixed berry pie to gain more precision+more lifesteal on crit) and max adrenaline I almost always crit.
On my Mark can be swapped for certain occasions like knockdowns(Balanced Stance I quiet like).

Again this is no master build and many many many people will find flaws with this..I quiet like it and I like to be non mainstream by not using GS(hate them too =) still got a good one in my bag for the occasional swing ).

Edited by Schwarzseher, 31 January 2013 - 12:30 AM.

#3 Coren2

Coren2

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

View PostSchwarzseher, on 31 January 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

Ok short disclaimer this is nowhere near perfect I'm currently working on other ways how to play this type of build:
First of all I don't go Axe/Axe but rather Axe/Mace...in general both is fine but I do love that extra vulnerability the offhand mace offers. And the knockdown has saved me quiet a bit. Axe/Axe should be fine too  (and might be even better..but I love it that way =) ).
http://intothemists....49;557B45-JJk6F
You can almost always swap out the 10 in tactics for longer range on bow.
I use half knight's(helmet, chest, pants) half zerkers(shoulder, hands, feet) and accessories I'm still mixing to find the type I like. Runes I'm working on but I'll probably get soldiers(which will conclude my search for accessories->zerkers for more damage).
With food(for example mixed berry pie to gain more precision+more lifesteal on crit) and max adrenaline I almost always crit.
On my Mark can be swapped for certain occasions like knockdowns(Balanced Stance I quiet like).

Again this is no master build and many many many people will find flaws with this..I quiet like it and I like to be non mainstream by not using GS(hate them too =) still got a good one in my bag for the occasional swing ).

Thanks a lot:) I'm no expert but looks nice and simple to get damage up.

General warrior question: is it a good idea to take either rifle or bow with your main melee choice? I often see warriors in groups take a ranged option, but I tend to believe that it kind of limits their potential. On the other hand it gives you breathing space if you're hit badly.

Should you take a ranged weapon in your bags when you know you'll need to equip it for a long fight, or always have it equipped?

#4 Schwarzseher

Schwarzseher

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Server:Drakkar Lake

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostCoren2, on 31 January 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

General warrior question: is it a good idea to take either rifle or bow with your main melee choice? I often see warriors in groups take a ranged option, but I tend to believe that it kind of limits their potential. On the other hand it gives you breathing space if you're hit badly.

Should you take a ranged weapon in your bags when you know you'll need to equip it for a long fight, or always have it equipped?

The way I do it is that I have a Rifle and a Bow in my bag. When I know I'll need one of the other I'll equip one of them at the beginning of the fight. Some things I prefer the rifle due to being more single target(TA at the end of the path with the tree and the spiders to not pull all of em with AoE).

Usually run with my bow because I prefer it and it gives me a combo field(would be even better with Axe/Axe =) ).
Oh and I don't always have the ranged weapon equiped. I sometimes take out my GS for the mobility or when I know I need to dodge a lot I put a warhorn in the offhand. With 5sec weapon swaps it's just great.

But that's just the way I do it =) hope it helped.

#5 Coren2

Coren2

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

View PostSchwarzseher, on 31 January 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

The way I do it is that I have a Rifle and a Bow in my bag. When I know I'll need one of the other I'll equip one of them at the beginning of the fight. Some things I prefer the rifle due to being more single target(TA at the end of the path with the tree and the spiders to not pull all of em with AoE).

Usually run with my bow because I prefer it and it gives me a combo field(would be even better with Axe/Axe =) ).
Oh and I don't always have the ranged weapon equiped. I sometimes take out my GS for the mobility or when I know I need to dodge a lot I put a warhorn in the offhand. With 5sec weapon swaps it's just great.

But that's just the way I do it =) hope it helped.

It did, thanks a lot for your input :) I think I'll run an axe/axe build with a hammer secondary for CC and have a bow in my bag. Mace has nice skills, but would see a mace/shield tank option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users