• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Ravenwind

Ravenwind

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

Some of you may remember the original all-mesmer events in Guild Wars and we're looking to continue that tradition in Guild Wars 2!

Mesmer meets started on Gandara some time ago and with the release of guesting those on other European servers can join in the fun on Gandara every Friday night. Sadly, guesting isn't cross-realm so those on North American servers can't go. :qq:

What to do? Start a North American group of course! (And be every bit as cool as those Euro folk. :cool:  )

Join us!

Day: every Saturday
Time: 7:00PM est (4:00PM pst)
Place: Lyssa's Waypoint in Divinity's Reach on Isle of Janthir server

We'll hang out a bit and get everyone organized... to dominate the chosen areas with all-mesmer teams, have a blast and take lots of screenshots. :D

See you there!!

A copy of the post from the European all-mesmer meet thread:

View PostRavenwind, on 26 January 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

Anya Wynter, formerly of DVDF guild, assisted with running the all-mesmer events in GW1 along with the originator of the event, Shanaeri Rynale. Later, Anya ran the event for several years as a member of ROCK guild.

Given that guesting won't be cross-realm and we can't team with our European friends for this event, the mesmers in ROCK guild will host the all-mesmer meet for the NA servers on a weekly basis. We're excited to reinstate this long standing event and will hold the first NA mesmer meetup on Saturday, February 2nd, at 7:00pm eastern (4:00pm pacific), organizing in Lion's Arch. During the first few meetings, we'll figure out which day and time works best for most and then post it here once finalized. I'll also do a separate announcement in this forum shortly.

If anything changes, I'll post it here. We're hoping you'll join us and help to make the event everything it used to be! In the meantime, feel free to contact any of us in-game for info.

Saroya Ravenwind,
Leader, Wardens of the Earth [ROCK] guild
Isle of Janthir

Contacts:
Saroya Ravenwind
Aedan Wynter
Azusa Shirojou
Gizmo Harris

Edited by Ravenwind, 17 February 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#2 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3268 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

http://guildwars.inc...lishment-Thread
Now I want to play my GW1 mesmer ... :(

#3 Ravenwind

Ravenwind

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

I know! I came into that group late in 2007 and learned a ton from them about playing a mesmer. I'm hoping the mes meets will go half as well in GW2 but I'm still wishing for party size of 8 with the option of having Gwen and/or Norgu pinch hit.

#4 Azure Skye

Azure Skye

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2099 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[CUTE]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

Wouldn't another place other then Lions Arch will be better then being stuck in a over-flow server in Lions Arch? o.O

#5 shanaeri rynale

shanaeri rynale

Seraph Guardian

• Content Writers
  • 1275 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DVDF]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

The EU ones are at Lyssa's Waypoint in DR. We chose this, not only for the mesmer connection but also it's close to LA and does'nt often have an overflow.

#6 Khalija

Khalija

Leaf on the Wind

• Administrators
  • Curse Premium
  • 4180 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

What server?

Feel free to PM me if you have a question regarding moderation, want to leave some feedback, or just want to chat!

#7 Azure Skye

Azure Skye

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2099 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

View PostKhalija, on 01 February 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

What server?
Very good question, i forgot about to ask that. Lol

#8 Ravenwind

Ravenwind

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

Oh, sorry! It's on Isle of Janthir. I've updated the original post.

#9 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3268 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

View PostRavenwind, on 31 January 2013 - 02:36 AM, said:

We'll hang out a bit and get everyone organized... to dominate the chosen areas with all-mesmer teams, have a blast and take lots of screenshots.

I better see screenshots ... or else! :P

#10 Azure Skye

Azure Skye

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2099 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostProtoss, on 02 February 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

I better see screenshots ... or else! :P
How do we hide the UI from the game to do a clean screen shot? o.o

#11 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3268 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostAzure Skye, on 02 February 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

How do we hide the UI from the game to do a clean screen shot? o.o

Ctrl+Shift+H is the default setting that shows/hides the UI and then you can take the shot.
Although based on this:
http://wiki.guildwar...wiki/Screenshot
it seems that if you bind High resolution (stereoscopic) screenshot shortcut, you could be able to take the screenshot without having to hide the UI first.

Edited by Protoss, 04 February 2013 - 11:31 AM.

#12 Ravenwind

Ravenwind

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

View PostAzure Skye, on 01 February 2013 - 02:42 AM, said:

Wouldn't another place other then Lions Arch will be better then being stuck in a over-flow server in Lions Arch? o.O

We'll see how it goes. Regardless, folks will need to add me or someone on Isle of Janthir as a friend and guest here. Once here, I can add you to a party so you can join on me if needed until we are all in the same place. It's not peak activity time here so that shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Ravenwind, 02 February 2013 - 11:41 PM.

#13 Inraged Twitch

Inraged Twitch

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MGW]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

Only screenshot I captured:  im the female with purple armor

Posted Image

Edited by Inraged Twitch, 04 February 2013 - 08:39 AM.

#14 Ravenwind

Ravenwind

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

We ended up with enough folks for 2 groups and both groups did Caudecus' Manor without problems. Pretty good for a first time out and I'm looking forward to seeing what else we can do. We did have overflow issues so probably will move the meeting place to Divinity's Reach also. If so, will post it here before the weekend.

I only have one screenshot, this is is of our meeting in LA: https://www.sugarsyn...61075922_845339
(Unfortunately, this board doesn't allow me to embed this link as an image and I don't have the ability to re-host it elsewhere right now. It is safe to click, I promise.)

There are screens from one of the CM groups. I'll get those and post them soon.

Edited by Ravenwind, 05 February 2013 - 08:53 AM.

#15 Ravenwind

Ravenwind

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

Today, we'll meet in DR at the Lyssa's waypoint. Hope to see you all there!

#16 Mhairi

Mhairi

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Are there still meetings and is there a lvl req.?

#17 Ravenwind

Ravenwind

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

Busy week so I'm late getting back to this thread. Last week we ran a group from Mount Maelstrom through to Malchor's Leap with the intention of getting to Cursed Shore. The idea was so that more folks would have access to the higher level areas and could then do events, exploration and the Arah dungeon at future meetups. Here are some screens:

Meeting in DR at Lyssa's waypoint
https://www.sugarsyn...61075922_963316
https://www.sugarsyn...61075922_963316

Along the way, we stopped in the volcano and killed the Megadestroyer!
https://www.sugarsyn...61075922_964565
https://www.sugarsyn...61075922_964563
https://www.sugarsyn...61075922_964570
https://www.sugarsyn...61075922_964587

(Again, sorry I don't have the ability to re-host these images elsewhere so that I can embed the photos here. They're safe to click!)

#18 Ravenwind

Ravenwind

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

View PostMhairi, on 15 February 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

Are there still meetings and is there a lvl req.?

There are still meetings. Every Saturday at 7pm eastern in Divinity's Reach at the Lyssa Waypoint. From there we group up and do various activities, whatever the teams decide. The level requirement is basically the lowest dungeon (Ascalonian Catacombs, level 35) and we try to accommodate but there's no guarantee that a party will want AC or one of the other lower level dungeons in any given week. As noted above, last week we ran some folks from Mount Maelstrom through to Malchor's Leap with the intention of getting to Cursed Shore, so that in future weeks more folks will be able to join parties wanting high level exploration and events. So, if it's just waypoints you need to be able to do future meetups, you'll probably find some help. Otherwise, we recommend being level 60+ with ability to get to as many places in the world map as possible.

Please contact me in game if you have any questions.

Saroya Ravenwind

Edited by Ravenwind, 16 February 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#19 Mhairi

Mhairi

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

Thanks for the quick response.  Ringil is only lvl 15 so no participation for him.

#20 Inraged Twitch

Inraged Twitch

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MGW]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

from tonight's meet we ran through COE path 1 & 2.  We only had 5 people tho.

Posted Image

#21 Raagar Deathclaw

Raagar Deathclaw

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BOLD]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

If these meets are still going on when i get my mesmer to level 35+ i'll join in when I can sounds like a ton of fun

#22 Ravenwind

Ravenwind

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

The weekly mesmer meet for North American servers has been slowly gaining momentum. As of now, we're gathering between 10 and 15 mesmers every week and have done exploration, world events and dungeons. A mesmer "zerg" steamrolling everything in a path through an area is a sight to behold!

Unfortunately, I've had to miss a few meets between my last post and now, as real life does have some obligations, I don't remember to take screens too often either but will try to get better at it. Here's a few:

At the start of the meetup on Feb 23rd. (I don't recall now what we did that day.)
Posted Image

Last week, we had a group do AC and unfortunately, they didn't get through it. The rest of us mapped in Ascalon. I don't have screens from last week.

This week, our entire group of 13 mesmers did the jumping puzzles in Southsun Cove, killed a bunch of Karka and a few champs. Here's a screen of dead sharks. ;)
Posted Image

Edited by Ravenwind, 17 March 2013 - 07:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users