• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Darkobra

Darkobra

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1366 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

I'm at Fractals level 15 on my elementalist and last night I helped a level 2 party. I didn't have much time and they needed one more person for their party the second I got to Lion's Arch.

So after an ordeal that took FAR longer than it should have, I finally got to the end. I didn't advance to level 16 but still got my rewards tailored to level 15. Has anyone figured out the bare minimum you need below your level to advance to the next level? Does it work within the 1-9, 10-19 brackets?

#2 Illein

Illein

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2037 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

As far as I know there is no bare minimum for you to be below your level to still advance - you need to be on your level or higher still.

As in:

1-14: No advance
15-xx: You'll advance a level up.

Whether you're getting the karma or not, I still haven't figured out yet - someone who did L40 with us, who usually is 48 didn't get it - so I suppose if he'd be 50 and doing a L40, he'd get the karma. So 1 tier below his actual daily level, but that's just a guess.

Edited by Illein, 31 January 2013 - 08:19 AM.

#3 Arduin

Arduin

Q&A King

• Site Contributors
  • 4284 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

Like Ilein says, you can't be below your level if you want to advance. There has never been an indication of this being possible either:

Upon completion of the fractal run, all players equal to or lower than the chosen fractal level will have their fractal level increased by one. All players above the chosen fractal level will gain karma, but their fractal level will not increase.

Edited by Arduin, 31 January 2013 - 08:07 AM.

Feeling your post got wrongfully deleted? Thread locked? Want to chat? Send me a PM. I won't bite :eek:

Be wary of expressing your opinion as fact; facts can be proven wrong.

#4 Darkobra

Darkobra

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1366 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

Well I definitely didn't get any form of karma. I might just jump in the low level 20+ parties as I have 15 AR. I won't see anything for a few levels but I'll at least be advancing.

Thanks for the clarification!

#5 SolomonGunn

SolomonGunn

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

I'm wondering how this is going to change anything in the long run. Since karma is still next to useless I don't see much incentive for people in higher level fractals to start helping those in lower level ones.

#6 Illein

Illein

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2037 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

View PostSolomonGunn, on 31 January 2013 - 08:15 AM, said:

I'm wondering how this is going to change anything in the long run. Since karma is still next to useless I don't see much incentive for people in higher level fractals to start helping those in lower level ones.

Au contraire, with the introduction of new Karma sinks in the latest build - karma will be quite the handy commodity again. I mean, I certainly don't complain about things that give me a chance for Lodestones etc. (Orrian Jewel Box).

I'd still like to know, when exactly you're suited for those Karma rewards. 1 Tier below? Not sure.

And I think the main purpose of the change was to lump people together for which tiers they're progressing - say you are 33 and your buddy is 35, now you all can look for party members up to, say, 40 to have a fun run and progress while doing it.

I am still a bit iffed that they haven't made levels account-wide though, got my Guardian with 25 AR now which I'd really like to take to 40 as well, but can't be arsed to run 40s with L3 rewards - guess I'll have to make a dedicated alt-group to breeze through 3 to 30 and then level normally again through 40s :(

Edited by Illein, 31 January 2013 - 08:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users