Healing Power 769
Condition Damage 850
Power 1,041
Boon Duration 30% + 20% Elixir Duration from trait
Bleeding Duration 55%
Condition Duration 10%
Pizza 40% Condition duration so I hit both bleed, burn and posion increase

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Edited by jeddahwe, 31 January 2013 - 05:44 PM.

#2 Forest

Forest

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Moob]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Truthfully, it isn't. Since you are built for conditions you should have a decent toughness so you don't get burst down before your conditions can take effect. Unless, of course, you can pull off almost infinite protection and consistent hp regeneration. (*cough* elementalist *cough*). In a decent fight, Burst is always followed after a snare of some sort, so you can't always depend on your personal combat skills.

#3 Rouzeki

Rouzeki

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

For hot-joins?  It'll probably do.  A lot of it comes down to personal preference because most players aren't good enough to figure out what you're doing anyway.  I'm inactive but here's what I was using before:

http://www.intothemi...-T-4;034B;1179U

Great vs. thieves and mesmers (not sure if they're still dominating population-wise)

#4 jeddahwe

jeddahwe

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

I figured if you go Toughness then you would need Condition Duration but if you go Power+Condition Damage you can have less defensive stats.

#5 Forest

Forest

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Moob]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

View Postjeddahwe, on 16 February 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

I figured if you go Toughness then you would need Condition Duration but if you go Power+Condition Damage you can have less defensive stats.

I think you're referring to "Carrion" set up. (High Condtion, Mid Power, Low Vit)

IMO, I think carrion is the worst possible build, where the developers added as a gimmick build. For power to be effective, you need some sort of critical power because % damage always wins out over raw power, just like in any other mmo. For conditions to be effective, you need some sort of survivability because conditions takes time to be effective. If you build carrion, you lack both critical power and survivability. As a result, you are only 1/2 as effective as to where a hybrid should be.

Exception: There are two builds that are an exception. The first is the might stacking Elementalist and the second is the might stacking Engineer. The builds where you use 2x rune of fire, 2x rune of hoelbrak, and 2x rune of strength. Because of how might is designed, (giving both power and condition boost) the two classes' ability to stack a very high about of might consistently and most of their attacks causing both decent damage and conditions, these are the only two builds that can effectively be carrion. But you still won't be slapping people around like a "berzerker" or tank bosses like a "rabid", you'll be sitting at "hybrid".

Edited by Forest, 19 February 2013 - 07:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users