• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Want to buy GW2 but concerned about Mac performance...

mac osx gw2 fps 4 gb ram hd3000 hd 3000

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Downloaded

Downloaded

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Hey guys,

I am looking into buying GW2 (been following the game for a while), but I moved to study abroad for a year just before it came out and now all I have with my is my 13" late 2011 MacBook Pro.  It packs a 2.4GHz core i5, 4GB RAM and Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics (standard screen resolution of 1280x800).  Now that there is a Mac client out there I'd love to get the game and play, but I am worried that with these specs I won't be able to run it at over 10 FPS on OSX, which isn't worth playing in my books.  Can you all speak to the quality of the Mac client and what sort of FPS I am likely to get before I jump in and buy?

Thanks!

#2 Elder III

Elder III

Technician

• Technicians
  • 4424 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ION]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

The performance with your integrated graphics is going to be pretty poor as it's at the bare minimum for the "Official System Requirements" - most PvE areas would do ok at complete minimum settings in game.  That is ok, if you are happy averaging 20 odd fps.  As far as I know the Mac client is not fully released yet, so those estimations would be with with Windows via BootCamp.

#3 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3242 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

OSX or Windows wouldn't matter - the hardware is just too weak for good GW2 performance. As Elder says - bare minimum in PvE; slide-show in WvW and large events.

#4 lalangamena

lalangamena

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

you will be able to play world PVE on minimal setting at decent refresh rate (25-35 fps)

dungeons and fractals will be clunky (7-15 fps)

you will not be able to do WWW at all, more than five people near you you will find yourself dead without knowing what happened.

I played a month on an integrated intel 3K waiting for my 7850 return from RMA.

minimal settings are ugly. very ugly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users