Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Guardian: I need Precision


  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 indure

indure

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

View Postheatrr, on 04 February 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

You running the Lyssa 'unkillable' guardian build, indure?

Pretty much, with my own personal tweaks to help how I play. But I give Venyarth a lot of credit for forcing me to try out Lyssa runes, because I would never of thought to switch them unless I read that.

Edited by indure, 04 February 2013 - 03:46 PM.


#32 SirGamesalot

SirGamesalot

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 507 posts
  • Location:Norway
  • Guild Tag:[NoX]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

May I ask something slightly different? Is there any point in having a little amount of crits if you dont have a lot?

Mainly what I'm thinking about is there any point getting 1h-strength when your already getting 25 in radiance anyways. No real bonus from crits except 4 DPS boost.

Will have about 60% crit chance and 0% crit dmg if Im in 1h wep and some1 pops group fury.

Edited by SirGamesalot, 04 February 2013 - 05:27 PM.


#33 Shmoo

Shmoo

    Fahrar Cub

  • New Members
  • 14 posts
  • Server:Borlis Pass

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

View PostSirGamesalot, on 04 February 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

May I ask something slightly different? Is there any point in having a little amount of crits if you dont have a lot?

Mainly what I'm thinking about is there any point getting 1h-strength when your already getting 25 in radiance anyways. No real bonus from crits except 4 DPS boost.

Will have about 60% crit chance and 0% crit dmg if Im in 1h wep and some1 pops group fury.

While nothing wrong with high crit, 0 crit dmg but you won't be getting as much out of it as you could. Unless your running a sigil/traits that proc on crit but even then its not much.

I'm curious on what your playstyle/traits/gear setup is to go high crit without any kind of +crit dmg.

#34 SirGamesalot

SirGamesalot

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 507 posts
  • Location:Norway
  • Guild Tag:[NoX]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

I'm using knights earrings since there are no soldiers yet, and im alredy getting 25 radiance, so it is really easy just to get 5 more and get right handed strength. This puts me at 41% crit dmg in 1handed weps. I do a lot of dungeons, and there is often some1 with group fury. This puts me at 61% without really doing anything. just wondering if there is any point getting a little more crits when you dont have any critdmg, and you dont really benefit from it outside og just DPS.

#35 GuanglaiKangyi

GuanglaiKangyi

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2218 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

There's no such thing as "just" DPS.  Because of the way this game is designed DPS is actually the only relevant factor to success.

Where were you planning on putting those other 5 points otherwise?  5 point investment for 17% extra crit chance is a huge buff, cost-wise.  Keep in mind that the first 25 points of the Radiance line only gets you about 12% crit chance all together.  If you can more than double that for an extra 5 I don't see why you wouldn't.

#36 lmaonade

lmaonade

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1122 posts
  • Location:That one place with the thing
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

View PostKorra, on 03 February 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

150
If i wrote sarcasm, someone else would have said "You mean irony..."

It doesn't matter what other people write, what you used in your first post was sarcasm

and to the OP:

Master Maintenance Oils, it gives precision = to 10% of the average of your total vitality and toughness, which should equal around 120 to 150 ish depending on build since you take soldier's armor, that's a good 6 to 8% critical chance increase

Edited by lmaonade, 05 February 2013 - 10:27 AM.


#37 AzureRogue

AzureRogue

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

View Postlmaonade, on 05 February 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

It doesn't matter what other people write, what you used in your first post was sarcasm

Agreed, it doesn't matter because (in many cases) they are the SAME THING.  Please stop wasting space arguing/debating/masturbating about it.

#38 lmaonade

lmaonade

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1122 posts
  • Location:That one place with the thing
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

View PostAzureRogue, on 05 February 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

Agreed, it doesn't matter because (in many cases) they are the SAME THING.  Please stop wasting space arguing/debating/masturbating about it.

Damn. Aren't you a hardass

#39 SirGamesalot

SirGamesalot

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 507 posts
  • Location:Norway
  • Guild Tag:[NoX]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

View PostGuanglaiKangyi, on 05 February 2013 - 06:26 AM, said:

There's no such thing as "just" DPS.  Because of the way this game is designed DPS is actually the only relevant factor to success.

Where were you planning on putting those other 5 points otherwise?  5 point investment for 17% extra crit chance is a huge buff, cost-wise.  Keep in mind that the first 25 points of the Radiance line only gets you about 12% crit chance all together.  If you can more than double that for an extra 5 I don't see why you wouldn't.

Thanks, was this I wanted to get confirmed :)

#40 armoured bearshark

armoured bearshark

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostSirGamesalot, on 05 February 2013 - 06:14 AM, said:

I'm using knights earrings since there are no soldiers yet, and im alredy getting 25 radiance, so it is really easy just to get 5 more and get right handed strength. This puts me at 41% crit dmg in 1handed weps. I do a lot of dungeons, and there is often some1 with group fury. This puts me at 61% without really doing anything. just wondering if there is any point getting a little more crits when you dont have any critdmg, and you dont really benefit from it outside og just DPS.

You can get exotic soldier accessories from temple of grenth iirc.

You get to proc on-crit effects more often, weapon sigil, vigourous precision, emporing might, every1's-favourite-pie etc...




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users