• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Fairuzza

Fairuzza

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

i am actually playing this build in spvp.
at the moment i do pretty good, but some advice to improve traits / gear or utilities is always welcome!

http://gw2skills.net...H7POfk sAZswMAA

#2 rza

rza

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

I usually do this, I have better survivability with toughness/damage reduction.  Shadow's embrace and Pain response are good condition removal.   I also like to have Shadow Step for stunbreaker and kiting with a bow.

#3 Jan Roman

Jan Roman

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[Holy]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

View Postrza, on 03 February 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

I usually do this, I have better survivability with toughness/damage reduction.  Shadow's embrace and Pain response are good condition removal.   I also like to have Shadow Step for stunbreaker and kiting with a bow.

Yes, I would listen to this. This is almost the build I run with minor changes that can be adjusted anytime. As a condition thief, your focus is on deal some bleeds (but don't use all your initiative, people have condition removals) and kite your enemy. In order to do so, you have to survive as long as possible, therefore you're heading not for the most condition damage, but for healing and condition removal while in stealth.

I was thinking or getting rid of the carrion gear and try tomething with condition damage/vitality/toughness. The only damage I really do is with bleeds so there is not much point in power I think.

#4 Fairuzza

Fairuzza

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Thanks for your feedback. This makes sense to me. I will try this asap.
What kind of runes are you using?

#5 Jan Roman

Jan Roman

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[Holy]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

I use Superior Runes of The Undead. Other runes offer for example prolonged Bleed or Posion duration, but as others have condition removals, I believe there is no point in prolonged conditions.

#6 ashfall

ashfall

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:33 AM

No Signet of Malice?
I wouldn't want to take any other Healing skill than that one. You can pretty much leave it be and heal up in one quick DB-combo or during Dagger Storm.

Also, I do not understand why Rune of the Undead. Sure, it gives you overall more condition damage, but by the end of the day, it's just a tiny bit more than 3/3 Afflicted/Krait.
And I doubt that generally, a little more condition damage is worth more than a 30% longer duration of your primary source of damage. Yes, the bleeds can be cleansed, but most enemy builds out there don't have unlimited condition removal anyways, and once they are down, you can stack multiple, longer-lasting bleeds on your opponent.

#7 Sinnacle

Sinnacle

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GH]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

View Postashfall, on 07 February 2013 - 06:33 AM, said:

No Signet of Malice?
I wouldn't want to take any other Healing skill than that one. You can pretty much leave it be and heal up in one quick DB-combo or during Dagger Storm.

Also, I do not understand why Rune of the Undead. Sure, it gives you overall more condition damage, but by the end of the day, it's just a tiny bit more than 3/3 Afflicted/Krait.
And I doubt that generally, a little more condition damage is worth more than a 30% longer duration of your primary source of damage. Yes, the bleeds can be cleansed, but most enemy builds out there don't have unlimited condition removal anyways, and once they are down, you can stack multiple, longer-lasting bleeds on your opponent.

Agree here duration is better people usually point to condi removal but if your bleeds duration is longer its almost as if their removal doesnt matter. When you look at the numbers the difference between 100 condition damage and 150 condition is really small.  You really are only going to have trouble killing a passive cleansing bunker guardian that pretty much a draw no matter how you slice your condi spec and a bunker d/d ele, and another condi thief those are pretty much the 3 specs you will find the hardest to kill mostly because all of those have good passive condi removal.  

Any other class out there should be no problem for the most part.

Edited by Sinnacle, 07 February 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#8 Khalif

Khalif

Vanguard Scout

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 199 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

I run this:

http://gw2skills.net...iUvHfdshtTBXvKA

Edited by Khalif, 12 February 2013 - 05:41 AM.

#9 Fairuzza

Fairuzza

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Thank you for this vid. Very good explanation.
I build play a similar build in spvp at the moment.

http://gw2skills.net...694roNsdPuqV1KA

Some small modifications to shadow arts and acrobatics and I use trickster instead of bountiful theft.
What runes do you use in spvp?

I use 5x krait and 1x grenth
Amu / jewel rabid or carrion
Weapon: sigil of corruption / sigil of sup. agony and sigil of fire on shortbow

Looking forward to your feedback ;)

Edited by Fairuzza, 13 February 2013 - 08:25 PM.

#10 Khalif

Khalif

Vanguard Scout

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 199 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

trikster is good, but for MY playstyle it wasnt optimum (just preference really). for me, i rely on my dodges too much, so having a 100% endurance regen is nice. especially because i use my dodge caltrops.

i went with same setup for runes, but carrion gear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users