#1 sifkal

sifkal

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

Hello Everyone,

First of all sorry for my English.

A few days ago I bought GW2 and start playing but my pc's FPS is horrible. I'm playing at low graphic quailty and getting 10 - 12 or even worse FPS in WvW. Specially in zergs.

Should I upgrade my pc?  Which part/s ?

Or Should I let it retired and buy new one?

I would be greatefull If u guys advice for new pc specs.

By the way  I can't take expensive one at the moment.

PC specs:

amd phenom ii x3 720
his ati radeon 4850
8Gb ddr3

Thx.

#2 Elder III

Elder III

Technician

• Technicians
  • 4424 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ION]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

What resolution are you playing at and are your video card drivers up to date?  Your computer is getting pretty old for gaming, but you should be ok on Low settings in PvE.  WvW is a CPU killer and while overclocking would help, you need a top of the line CPU to sustain 30+ FPS in zergs.

#3 tijo

tijo

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3173 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RISE]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

In your case, the first thing I would upgrade is the motherboard and CPU, the 4850 while not top of the line and old can still give decent performance at lower resolutions, but your CPU is getting slaughtered in WvW.

If you can afford it, get something like a Z77 motherboard with an i5-3570K, then upgrade the GPU if you have money left.

Edited by tijo, 04 February 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#4 Scorch Raven

Scorch Raven

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

It really depends on your current Motherboard.
Are you lucky and have an AM3+ socket, or are you stuck on AM3/AM2+?

If you are on AM3 you can get a Phenom II x6, or similar for resonably priced now. While that x3 is holding you back, the AM3 socket still has life in it.

If you have a AM3+ socket, you can get a piledriver CPU (FX-8100 Series) which are pretty new. But youll have to check your Power Supply to make sure it has enough rating for the new CPU.

As for the Video card, you can get a better card for about 130~, the HD7770.

if you want to rip and replace, I would suggest a i5-2500 Intel setup. The only thing that comes close them in AMD world is the FX Pile Driver CPUs, and thats if you Overclock them. While the I5-3500's are faster then the 2500's, you are going to be paying quite a difference between the series.

Also, WvW is not CPU Optimzed yet. if Anet ever gets around to fixing that, going this route might end up being over kill for this game.

So i would say this much, if you can get 65-85FPS outside of WvW (sPvP/PvE/Instances) then you are probably going to be ok for WvW when they optimize it finally. If they ever do, that is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users