31 replies to this topic

#31 Gorwe

Gorwe

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

View PostCorsair, on 19 March 2013 - 12:49 AM, said:

Concerning this, it's probably because resurrection really *s with game lore. FF is a great example when you can buy a phoenix down in most any item shop yet if someone dies in the story they stay dead. Aerith dead? Why can't I use any of my 99 phoenix downs!?! Let alone villains.

As for TSW, you do die. But the bees from Agartha supposedly put your pieces back together. One of the quests actually requires you to die so you can interact and see things you can't when you're alive. I have no idea why. It was even mentioned in a cinematic.

First paragraph: I actually Like to use GW 1 example more(tho FF 7 example's fine n dandy as well). Look-there's Rez shrine every 200 metres or so. Then there are Monks, Rits and Paragons on their respective continents(Tyria, Cantha and Elona). So if someone were to die heroically(or tragically for that matter)-am I supposed to be awed(or sad) about their death? Ofc not! Just bring him over to the Rez shrine and be done with it!

That's why ANet decided that Underworld was going to be the first big instance added to the game. It explained that actually rezes worked on fairly small % of Tyrian population(sub 5% I think). And so they reinstated drama and emotions back to the game. Not to mention that in GW 2 you don't die. You are simply defeated and fall back/teleport back. They did nice job in avoiding the Creation of Tyrian paradise.

Back to TSW: It can be so batshit crazy at times that I sometimes don't even think about what happened. You can't explain a simple conspiracy(or it wouldn't be, well, a conspiracy!), let alone HP Crazycraft(lol!). Tho it does say exhaustion in game manuals and such stuff. That or something to that effect(Life force exhaustion, something with exhaustion nonetheless). Certainly not death. Anyhow, tsw's awesome, if a bit(lol such an understatement!) crazy game.

Fair evening.

Edited by Gorwe, 19 March 2013 - 01:20 AM.

#32 ilr

ilr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2723 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

View PostGorwe, on 18 March 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

The easiest solution however is to simply explain how the fu cking resurrection shrines work!
No offense but I found this very odd or atleast Terribly interesting. :P  And for the life of me, for all the intrigue I still have for the Lore, Architecture, and Art of the GW universe, I never saw an answer to it that I found immersive AND logical.   Everything else I agree completely with, especially wanting more ways to vary our Weapon skill bar more.

They would just diagnose it as sth else and therefore give you the medication that you DON'T even NEED. Therefore, ruining your Life forever.
Yeah I actually have a friend who's going for her Doctorate in Psych b/c she got fed up with the poor help she was getting from pill pushers and she wants to help change the status quo.  Come to think of it, that's how I got into "Art"...I was looking at a bunch "highly regarded" pieces one days and said to myself, "hell, I could do that!" ...and I just started doing it.  (eventually ppl even tried handing me money for doing it... so being a "pro" isn't some big qualifier IMHO).

Edited by ilr, 20 March 2013 - 10:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users