• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

[Answered] Please Help: New Player: Banned after 2 Days of Playing for Unknown Reason

banned permanent termination support

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rytz

Rytz

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

Greetings:
I know this is not an official support forum but I have no other place to go.  See below.

I have plenty of MMO experience and this has to be the most retarded and frustrating experience I've ever encountered in an MMO so far, save for maybe SWG launch back in the day.  Even my indie MMO experiences were never this bad.

I bought the GuildWars2 Digital Deluxe edition 2 days ago from the official site and played the last couple days pretty straight.  Level 19 Sylvari Ranger on Sorrow.  Talked to maybe 5-10 people tops (mostly trying to find some areas on the map).  Did a lot of exploring mostly during that time (mainly in the grove).  My character's name is not obscene or anything sketch.  Single-word name.

After a break (and working to pay the bills), I came back home tonight to jump on and get an error window saying that my account has been terminated for a bunch of obscure reasons (see image attached) that gives me no insight to the actual reason why.

Now, I wasn't super upset or anything yet, just shocked.  Stuff happens right?  Maybe hacked or wrongly accused. Off to the support site I went to submit a support ticket.

Can't log in with my account to the support site - says my account is disabled.  WTH?

So the $80 game account that I paid for 2 days ago is banned / terminated for no specific reason and I can't even log in to the support site to submit a ticket?  The only thing I can do is log in to the account section, which does absolutely nothing for my situation.  Can't access the official forums either.  Now what?

I'm able to create a new support account so I can at least submit a ticket to ArenaNet.  I fill out the ticket and submit it.  Get the confirmation email.  Come back a few hours later...

Can't log in to my new support account to check the status - disabled.

Are you f'ing kidding me?  Is this a conspiracy or something?

I was able to submit a 2nd support ticket without registering but it seems like they are just deleting my tickets or something.  Somehow ArenaNet hates me and I've only played their game for 2 days!  If this keeps up and I can't get in touch with anyone I feel like I'm going to have to get a refund and all that time I've already spent is wasted.

I can honestly say that there is nothing that I can think of that I did during these past 2 days of playing that would be considered bad in any way, shape, or form.

--------------------

I'm looking for any help that anyone can give me.  I have both incident support numbers which I will provide below.  I'm posting this on another popular GW2 forum site because I can't use any of the official avenues to get support.  If I could get on the official forums I could ask a mod / red name.

Here's my support tickets:
[Incident: 130206-000289]
[Incident: 130206-000775]
Account Unique Name: Rytz.1836

If anyone can pass this info along to a mod on the official forum or some kind of official support staff, I would greatly appreciate it.  Please PM me with any info.

Thanks in advance.  It's almost 4am and gotta be up in 3.5 hours.  I'll check back later tomorrow.

Attached Files

#2 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

Really strange one, good luck with the support, not sure that I can do I'm afraid.

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!

#3 I'm Squirrel

I'm Squirrel

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1118 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DPS]

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

This happened to me 2 days after release. Support team didn't help for shit, so I just had to wait it out.

But, being banned permanently? I suggest calling them, I don't see anyway out of that ban unless you talk to them directly through the phone or talking to one of the head staff.

I don't want to bother with figuring out my account password ATM, I have to leave the house.

but if anyone wants to help the guy https://forum-en.gui...Gaile-Gray-6028

send his post to gaile gray ^

#4 Paken Kai

Paken Kai

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RT]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Just out of curiosity, what WAS your character's name?

The image you posted has "naming policy" as one of the links, so I'm guessing that despite you not thinking the name was "sketchy" somebody may have and may have reported it.

#5 Airwolf

Airwolf

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[PONY]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

As said above. this is a result of using a name that is is inappropriate or insulting in any way. someone reported you and someone at arenanet decided that the complaint was valid.

#6 Grim_Ling

Grim_Ling

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

I had the same thing happen to me about 3 days ago now and have submitted the tickets and have not heard back from support even acknowlaging they have received the ticket and are working on this other than the auto reply that is given when you submit the ticket itself.... no reason as to why I was banned but I was just abbruptly banned while playing.... i may have to call is what sounds like cause support is just a myth it seems...

#7 Rytz

Rytz

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

View PostPaken Kai, on 06 February 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

Just out of curiosity, what WAS your character's name?

The image you posted has "naming policy" as one of the links, so I'm guessing that despite you not thinking the name was "sketchy" somebody may have and may have reported it.
Character nane is/was "Rhytz" which to mean is not sketch in any way.

The posted image has multiple links so that's why it seems obscure to me.  I have no way of knowing what the specific problem was or rule I broke.  It seems unlikely my name was the culprit.  Even if somehow there was a problem with my name, why would I get a permaban for it?  Seems hardcore for a newb account and considering I bought the game 2 days ago.

#8 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Yeah you would have received a 3 day suspension and told to rename it, if they found it offensive for some reason.

Were you maybe farming one spot of mobs or doing anything that maybe suggests your account is either used for botting or to facilitate real money trading at all? only thing I can think of atm.

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!

#9 Rytz

Rytz

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Got an email response finally - see this post (sorry to post off-site):

http://www.mmorpg.co...5546929#5546929

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: banned, permanent, termination, support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users