• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Utility Infusions. Can we get them with Agony resistance?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gamblers_luck

gamblers_luck

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

My question is does anyone know if they can be crafted in the mystic forge like the offensive and defensive infusions?  Those ones also have Agony resistance.

These are the following infusions that can be bought from Laurel vendors (but with no agony resistance)

Gilded
Magical
Experienced
Karmic

Thanks.

Ahh nevermind just found my answer but this might be helpful for folks who didn't know like me.

Colin Johansen stated it about a week ago:

ColinJohanson.2394:

Good question!
Ascended rings will also be available for laurels as well. Back slot items will be made more widely available in the future and will likely tie into a different reward system.
(Please note, the ascended gear purchased for laurels will not have agony resistance built in, since that mechanic is currently unique to progression in the fractal dungeons. They are however statistically the same as any other ascended gear.)
We will also introduce an additional reward system (or systems) in the future to make these items more accessible to WvW players on top of the laurel system.
The remaining ascended item types will be introduced in future releases, and may or may not tie into the laurel system, TBD.

Edited by gamblers_luck, 07 February 2013 - 10:10 AM.

#2 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2295 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

Please note, the ascended gear purchased for laurels will not have agony resistance built in

Does that mean the amulets can not be infused?

#3 Firebrazer

Firebrazer

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[CRUX]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Not necessarily, I guess... you just can't buy them already infused. We'll know for sure as soon as somebody gets enough laurels for an amulet, and starts experimenting with the Mystic Forge.

#4 Bakelith

Bakelith

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

You can already try with the ascended Triforge Pendant (seems to come with an utility slot and this one accepts versatile infusion).

#5 gamblers_luck

gamblers_luck

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

Probably not a good idea to put a utility infusion on a pendant until we know for sure whether or not you'd loose the utility infusion when you infuse the pendant itself in the forge.

#6 xtbx

xtbx

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NR]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

View Postgamblers_luck, on 07 February 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Probably not a good idea to put a utility infusion on a pendant until we know for sure whether or not you'd loose the utility infusion when you infuse the pendant itself in the forge.
u lose the infusion when u infuse rings so I'm pretty sure it will behave same for amulets

#7 gamblers_luck

gamblers_luck

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

View Postxtbx, on 07 February 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

u lose the infusion when u infuse rings so I'm pretty sure it will behave same for amulets

Yeah that's what I thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users