• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Can I transmute Soulbound to Account Bound?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Elysen

Elysen

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 410 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

Hello.

Long story short, I made an Engineer, Medium Armor is ugly, I want Orr Karma armor. I have the required Karma on my Mesmer. Can I purchase this, transmute it onto a random white/blue piece of medium armor, then get it on my Engie?

I would like to know "for sure" before I use my Karma. If you own a screenshot with proof of Karma armor on lower leveled characters, please include it :)

#2 thartalion

thartalion

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

I don't have a screenshot, but yes, it can be done. Last week, I bought the light karma torso/legs (with my lv80 warrior) for my lv60 Elem and the medium shoulders for my lv50 ranger.

Also works with the different Order's armors.

#3 Malganis

Malganis

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[XIII]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

I was able to transmute Order's armor that was bought on my OoW necro to my Vigil thief, but I was not able to transmute Orr Karma medium armor I accidentally bought on my necro.   It stayed soulbound.   This was early in january that I last tried.   Your results may vary, as thartalion said above.

#4 Meow Ren

Meow Ren

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BHG]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

As far as I am aware, this still works -- I used this late last year to get a temple chestpiece on my necromancer.  Don't have a screenie for you, but the basic process is still the same.  There was a post somewhere on the forums a while ago with the steps, but I cannot recall where.  Here's one from the official forums.  

You'll need a Fine Transmutation Stone for the first transmute (since Orr temple armor is level 80), but as long as the white/blue piece  used is less than level 80, you should be able to use a regular Transmutation Stone for the second transmute.  Also, be aware that you can only use this method to save the skin and, if you want, the superior rune.  It will not work to save the inherent stats from the temple armor.  Of course, if the armor piece for the second transmute is less than level 60, the rune won't transfer anyway.

View PostMalganis, on 11 February 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

I was able to transmute Order's armor that was bought on my OoW necro to my Vigil thief, but I was not able to transmute Orr Karma medium armor I accidentally bought on my necro.   It stayed soulbound.   This was early in january that I last tried.   Your results may vary, as thartalion said above.

Not certain if you are saying that you tried to transmute medium armor onto a light armor profession (will not work) or if you were unable to transmute medium armor purchased BY your Necromancer for your Thief to use?  If the latter, which of the 3 armor "parts" did you transmute?  Transmute stones allow you to carry over up to 2 of the 3 parts from one piece with one from the second piece -- either A) skin, B  ) inherent stats, or C) rune.  For transferring otherwise soulbound armor from one toon to another, only A and B will work to make the final piece "account bound" for the transfer.  If you tried to carry over the inherent stats, the armor stays soulbound. :)

Edited by Meow Ren, 12 February 2013 - 12:53 AM.

#5 Malganis

Malganis

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

No, I accidentally bought medium armor from the karma vendor while on my necro, cuz I wasnt paying attention.   I then tried to transmute it to account bound for another char, but i couldnt get it to work.  I was trying to keep the stats, maybe thats why it didnt work.

#6 Turtle Freak

Turtle Freak

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 468 posts
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostMalganis, on 12 February 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

No, I accidentally bought medium armor from the karma vendor while on my necro, cuz I wasnt paying attention.   I then tried to transmute it to account bound for another char, but i couldnt get it to work.  I was trying to keep the stats, maybe thats why it didnt work.

That sounds plausible.  However, I have also had trouble when transmuting with armor that I bought from the common armorsmithing merchants.  Did you try it with armor that dropped or you crafted?

#7 thartalion

thartalion

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

View PostMalganis, on 12 February 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

I was trying to keep the stats, maybe thats why it didnt work.

That's the problem. First, you must transmute the piece with the stats of a white or blue item to get the skin account-bound. Then, re-transmute it with another piece (of your level) to get the appropriate stats.

Here's a screenshot of my lv70 elem with the Orr Karma pants:

Posted Image

#8 Malganis

Malganis

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

View Postthartalion, on 12 February 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

That's the problem. First, you must transmute the piece with the stats of a white or blue item to get the skin account-bound. Then, re-transmute it with another piece (of your level) to get the appropriate stats.

Here's a screenshot of my lv70 elem with the Orr Karma pants:

That's the thing though, I didnt care about the skin at that point, I wanted the stats of the exotic armor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users