#1 Raif89

Raif89

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PD]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Hey all, I just finally got some good amount of gold (around 200G) and wanted to start using the TP to make some gold. I was looking around at guides and stuff and found something called Gold Wars 2 tool. I was wondering if this thing was legit? I mean not as far as Anet is concerned, I've seen the arguments about that, but was wondering if it was legit as in safe to use/pay for and if anyone has any experience with it.

If not, any other suggestions to make things easier? Is there something out there that can give the same (or close enough) info in an easy to read manner?

#2 Daesu

Daesu

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1344 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NPO]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostRaif89, on 12 February 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

Hey all, I just finally got some good amount of gold (around 200G) and wanted to start using the TP to make some gold. I was looking around at guides and stuff and found something called Gold Wars 2 tool. I was wondering if this thing was legit? I mean not as far as Anet is concerned, I've seen the arguments about that, but was wondering if it was legit as in safe to use/pay for and if anyone has any experience with it.

If not, any other suggestions to make things easier? Is there something out there that can give the same (or close enough) info in an easy to read manner?

I think the tool is on the expensive side for the features that I have seen in the video but that is just my opinion.  You can incorporate better features by using gw2spidy api and writing your own script.

I did't see anything in that video that shows price or volume over a period of time so how do you tell if an item is moving fast on the TP or it is just sitting there.  The gw2spidy api would be able to provide this information.

Edited by Daesu, 12 February 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#3 Raif89

Raif89

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

View PostDaesu, on 12 February 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

I think the tool is on the expensive side for the features that I have seen in the video but that is just my opinion.  You can incorporate better features by using gw2spidy api and writing your own script.

I did't see anything in that video that shows price or volume over a period of time so how do you tell if an item is moving fast on the TP or it is just sitting there.  The gw2spidy api would be able to provide this information.

Thanks for your response. My main issue is that I have no idea how to do that :P I mean I know people use excel with the gw2spidy API and do some cool stuff but I don't know how to do it. I was hoping that this tool would be the answer. I guess not.

MAybe I'll have a look at the AP you mentioned. Hopefully I can find someone who can tell me how to set one up properly with things that would be useful.

#4 Daesu

Daesu

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1344 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NPO]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

View PostRaif89, on 12 February 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

Thanks for your response. My main issue is that I have no idea how to do that :P I mean I know people use excel with the gw2spidy API and do some cool stuff but I don't know how to do it. I was hoping that this tool would be the answer. I guess not.

MAybe I'll have a look at the AP you mentioned. Hopefully I can find someone who can tell me how to set one up properly with things that would be useful.

Here is the gw2spidy api documentation for a start: https://github.com/r...y/wiki/API-v0.9

Keep in mind that my reply to your post is influenced by the fact that I am a developer by profession, even though the gw2spidy api is quite simple to use.  If you need any help, just post in the forums and I am sure we would help you out if we can. :)

#5 Raif89

Raif89

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

View PostDaesu, on 12 February 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

Here is the gw2spidy api documentation for a start: https://github.com/r...y/wiki/API-v0.9

Keep in mind that my reply to your post is influenced by the fact that I am a developer by profession, even though the gw2spidy api is quite simple to use.  If you need any help, just post in the forums and I am sure we would help you out if we can. :)

I'm a physicist by profession so I have somewhat of idea what I should be looking at as far as things necessary for economical evaluation, but I would love some help. Thanks!

#6 The Black Lion

The Black Lion

Pale Tree Seedling

• Community Contributors
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

Hey, I realise I am 10 days late!

However here's a handy list of useful Trading Post tools:-

gw2spidy.com
GuildWarsTrade.com
gw2tp.net
tpcalc.com
BlackLionsProfit.com (blog)

Black_Lion Twitter (regular flipping tips)

The Egg Baron(blog)
Guild Wars 2 Riches (not very active lately)

I personally use gw2tp.net for the majority of my gold making activities, and the occasional use of the premium Gold Wars 2 tool.

Edited by The Black Lion, 22 February 2013 - 04:13 PM.

#7 Daenerys

Daenerys

Secretly Christopher Walken

• Moderators
  • 484 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Please read the Stickied threads at the top of this forum. Tools are available there for BLTC statistics and graphs.

Questions? Comments? Conversation? Drop me a message!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users