• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lujunel

lujunel

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

I DO HAVE A HP PAVILION SLIMLINE S5000 but I can't make Guild Wars 2 work. Any ideas on what kind of set up do I need in order to run it smoothly?

#2 Dawn Quickblade

Dawn Quickblade

HEAVY FARTING

• Moderators
  • 622 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FART]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

The topic has been moved. Please keep technical questions in our Tech Support Forum.

Edited by Dawn Quickblade, 13 February 2013 - 12:53 AM.

Got any questions about moderation or just want to chat, send a pm my way! Don't be afraid to contact me if an issue arises.

"If good things lasted forever, would we appreciate how precious they are?"

#3 Faer

Faer

King of Guild Wars

• Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • 1882 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HKIA]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

S5000 tells us the series, but not the model, so we won't know exactly what sort of hardware you are working with. That said, HP Slimlines in that series and pretty much all others are not made with games in mind, especially not games like GW2. They tend to have weak processors and no or very weak dedicated graphics cards. If you can get the exact model we can tell you a bit more, but ultimately you may need an entirely new system to play the game.

#4 typographie

typographie

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LAW]

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

It "won't work" is pretty vague. Are you getting any errors? When is it failing? Can you load in at all?

Your PC may not run the game well, but it should at least start.

#5 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3369 posts
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

The exact model and/or some tech details such as cpu, video type and power supply wattage, would definitely help.
But, even without that info, I can guess that your main problem is the lack of a good video card. Unfortunately, being a "slimline" model, it can probably only take low-profile cards which limits your upgrade options to an HD6670 or HD7750 - if the power supply is powerful enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users