• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mssg91

Mssg91

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

Hello guys, I try everything to beat trap ranger 1v1 and I am just no able to win... When I am wining he pops his traps and my health go down in like 2 seconds.

Any ideas, tactics how to beat them as dps or bunker guardian? As bunker I can survive longer but I die very fast anyway.

I can see that scepter/torch does the best dmg vs ranger but still cant beat them.

Thanks for ur time ;)

#2 Alex Dimitri

Alex Dimitri

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1188 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

If you can manage to stun him and avoid traps he will be very dead very soon, also rangers barely have any condition removal.
Btw among my characters i have Ranger (crit/trapper)....can`t say that i kill Guardians every time i see them.....check your build again maybe you are doing something wrong !

#3 JaxSilven

JaxSilven

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Guild Tag:[nD]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

View PostAlex Dimitri, on 15 February 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

If you can manage to stun him and avoid traps he will be very dead very soon, also rangers barely have any condition removal.
Btw among my characters i have Ranger (crit/trapper)....can`t say that i kill Guardians every time i see them.....check your build again maybe you are doing something wrong !

Well umm that's just wrong, Rangers have the best condition removal in the game. All conditions removed every 10 seconds.
I've had relative success against top Rangers, Because I use a sword I can flashing blade to an angle where he can't combo fire arrows through fire fields. Maintain retaliation up aslong as possible while removing high stacks of bleeding (>6), poison and burning. As a meditation dps guard you can easily kill a trap ranger, as a Symbol DPS you're going to have to try deal enough damage when you pull him that he can't pressure you.
As a bunker though you just have to dodge traps try and get Zealot's Defence and Mighty Blow off as much as possible. If you are doing really bad against them, bring contemplation and Focus is good too. But remember building against a ranger can make you weaker against other players (especially a control bunker).

But if you're just wanting to win 1v1 disregarding EVERYTHING else, Triple meditation burst build will do it fairly well.

#4 Alex Dimitri

Alex Dimitri

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1188 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

You said Trapper, well my trap ranger has two traps + Entangle elite and 3rd utility is the one that gives 25% speed buff for movement i can remove one condition with heal and that`s about it. I don`t know for other builds but that one particular doesn`t have "good" condition removal.

#5 Mssg91

Mssg91

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

The problem is that they just put traps under me when I am fighting with them ;/ this make me inpossible to dodge cuz when he put trap on the ground, trap is activated immediately.

#6 JaxSilven

JaxSilven

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Guild Tag:[nD]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostAlex Dimitri, on 15 February 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

You said Trapper, well my trap ranger has two traps + Entangle elite and 3rd utility is the one that gives 25% speed buff for movement i can remove one condition with heal and that`s about it. I don`t know for other builds but that one particular doesn`t have "good" condition removal.

http://wiki.guildwar...i/Empathic_Bond
And the build he'd be talking about is the 3 trap, Ranger Build. Which you can find by googling or it's probably in the Ranger section.

I suggest checking out one of my guides/vids for the build I use. Then I can just explain how to use it. When he drops traps use Hold the line the remove the immob then dodge roll the next 2. Most will try and place them before you move into them though so they all activate, that means you just have to retain the knowledge of where they are.
Flashing blade will remove the combo field (unless he's standing in the middle of the point but then he's easy to hit with banish) Zealot's blade gives you the pressure and stops auto-attacks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users