Rocky Balmoa

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[SoC]
  • Server:Baruch Bay

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

So I have reached 80 and I have started getting my gear. I want to do some damage, and get at least 40% crit chace and over 50 crit dmg. I theorycrafted this build
http://gw2buildcraft...f1.0.p35.u56b|e
What do you think guys, will I survive enough? I want it for dungeons and WvW.

#2 Ashin Dreidon

Ashin Dreidon

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

I run a very similar build, and while I don't do many dungeons I can say it's extremely effective in WvW.  I run nearly the same gear (mix of Berserker and Soldier's with mostly Berserker upgrades).  I have no problem with survival, however survivability is very linked to evasion and how well you can dodge/interrupt.  

The only real difference with my traits is that I run the standard 10 Air 30 Water 30 Arcana.  I found having the 30 in Water is far more helpful and you will not see a huge decrease in damage from losing the 5 in Air.  I change up my Water traits depending on situations/need, but having the option for Powerful Aura and Cleansing Water is huge.  

For my runes in WvW/PvE I focus on boon duration.  In PvP I run a different setup, but I find that the boon duration runes are extremely helpful.  (Sup. Monk, Sup. Water, Sup. Fire) or (Maj. Water, Sup. Water, Sup. Fire)  I have sigil of Battle on one dagger and Force on another.  With boon duration runes I have huge might stacks and perma-fury.  

I'm not sure what utilities you are running but I'm assuming cantrips.  

Hope this helps.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ele, elementalist, dagger, berserker, dps, damage, feedback, pve, build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users