4 replies to this topic

#1 The Gaust Bass

The Gaust Bass

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

Hi Everyone!

I'm Looking for Help from some tPvP players about this Build if is Viable or What kind of Changes you would Put

http://gw2skills.net...klILbWuskZt YQA

This Build is about Supporting the Team.
I see it to be really versatile unless I have no teammates close.

It focus on:
  • Critical Chance [Generates Vigor]
  • Critical Damage
  • High Self-healing
  • Shouts [Remove a Conditon and Convert another into a Boon]
But I think It could be Better. So I'm seaching for Feedback or some Tips to play it better, any kind of critic is appreciated

#2 JaxSilven

JaxSilven

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Guild Tag:[nD]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

View PostThe Gaust Bass, on 17 February 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

Hi Everyone!

I'm Looking for Help from some tPvP players about this Build if is Viable or What kind of Changes you would Put

http://gw2skills.net...klILbWuskZt YQA

This Build is about Supporting the Team.
I see it to be really versatile unless I have no teammates close.

It focus on:
  • Critical Chance [Generates Vigor]
  • Critical Damage
  • High Self-healing
  • Shouts [Remove a Conditon and Convert another into a Boon]
But I think It could be Better. So I'm seaching for Feedback or some Tips to play it better, any kind of critic is appreciated

You built this more around crit damage than chance, you can have more armour and crit chance with a different amulet setup.
http://gw2skills.net...klILbWuskZt Y8B
Here's the ideal version of the build with zerka. You need Sanctuary by default and you can't run anything but dual energy sigils.

Against a bunker this won't be able to get mid, and DPS will kill you in a decent amount of time. I haven't tried paids because nobody's on atm, but when I get home I could give it a shot, although I've tried very similar builds and I can see where it won't work.

#3 The Gaust Bass

The Gaust Bass

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

View PostJaxSilven, on 17 February 2013 - 09:52 PM, said:

You built this more around crit damage than chance, you can have more armour and crit chance with a different amulet setup.
http://gw2skills.net...klILbWuskZt Y8B
Here's the ideal version of the build with zerka. You need Sanctuary by default and you can't run anything but dual energy sigils.

Against a bunker this won't be able to get mid, and DPS will kill you in a decent amount of time. I haven't tried paids because nobody's on atm, but when I get home I could give it a shot, although I've tried very similar builds and I can see where it won't work.

Something about this build consist in be always in company. That would change your perception of the Change you are suggesting?

#4 JaxSilven

JaxSilven

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Guild Tag:[nD]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostThe Gaust Bass, on 18 February 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

Something about this build consist in be always in company. That would change your perception of the Change you are suggesting?

2 Things.
I did already take that into account and the reason symbol DPS is meta now is because you can run zerkas with a ton of heals from Symbols. This build doesn't have that added extra healing from symbols so you will probably need to run more armour to do what you want. But if you're perfect on your dodges and shouts then it may work (and I mean perfect which means, no missing Churning, backstabs, etc)
The second is as a Bunker or Support Guardian, you have to be able to control a point, depending on your team it will be side or mid. Unless you can just kill the enemy bunker (which you won't be able to with this) you have to control them off as much as they control you off, and not having indomitable courage means eventually you won't be able to stop them.

#5 The Gaust Bass

The Gaust Bass

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

I see what your point is about, I appreciate your critique! I see alot depends of my reaction time (I rather use the shouts really situational).
Thanks for the advise :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users