- increase the cooldown?

Any thoughts? :)

#2 Gregor Sabetin

Gregor Sabetin

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

If it was a blast finisher without doing anything (0 damage)... it would be better than what it does now.

Edited by Gregor Sabetin, 17 February 2013 - 07:49 PM.

#3 Curunen

Curunen

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hehe, point taken.

Just looking at cluster bomb on the thief - 3 initiative for a blast finisher with long range, decent damage and bleeding, with the only drawback being longer travel time with longer range.

So tbh they ought to just make mind stab a blast finisher, and reduce the damage maybe by say 50 points.

I feel this would round off the GS nicely, giving it better synergy with combo fields.

#4 Ansau

Ansau

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[VaL]
  • Server:Baruch Bay

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

First of all, mind stab is the 3d phase of auto attack, so dont expect too much. Then, mesmer's combos are mostly defensive, the offensives ones are from phantasms.

And finally, making it a leap finisher (the most reasonable) it would make it OP.

Otherwise, mesmer already has a lot of combos combinations (6 fields and 9 finishers). Then there's the philosophy, it isn't a full melee profession, so you wont be spamming sword autoattack.

PD: Curunen, dont put that exemple cause first, it isnt an auto attack and mesmers have leap every 7s or phase retreat every 5s with traits...  
PD2: I've search all the auto attacks and there's only 1 that isn't combo finisher physical projectile (20%): It is the 3d attack of guardian hammer auto attack (it is a combo field, not a finisher).

#5 Tarug

Tarug

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NP]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostAnsau, on 18 February 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Spoiler

I think they are talking about GS skill 3, not Sword auto attack. At least I'm sure Curunen did, as he mentions GS in his post. Until ANet decides to give different names to two different skills (gasp! such a crazy concept, heh?), people should indicate which Mind Stab they're talking about in their posts...

I don't think the GS Mind Stab is horrible as it is right now. It gives a reasonable DPS if you place it correctly, and the GS already has combo finishes with skills 2 and 4 - I'm not sure it needs more.

#6 Curunen

Curunen

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Yes I was of course referring to GS3. Edit: apologies, I forgot the sword one is also called that. xD

I've had a look around and noticed some other threads on the official forums with this suggestion.
As it is, GS has one projectile finisher (mirror blade) with a minimum cd of around 5 seconds (traited) and the berserker. GS5 is only a gap creator (unless you trait for some damage on interrupt), and 1 has mediocre damage at close range.

At least if 3 was a blast finisher you could pop a glamour field (ie, null field) hit GS3 for AoE chaos armour.

It's a weak link which is bringing the GS down from great to decent.

Edit: there are other possible solutions which I've seen, and really anything to give this power a little boost would be a good thing.

Edited by Curunen, 20 February 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#7 Ansau

Ansau

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VaL]
  • Server:Baruch Bay

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Oh, so im the one who has to apologize hahahahaha

#8 Elysen

Elysen

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 410 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Not to mention GS is actually a pretty damn weak weapon. I like the sound of it being a blast finisher, but the CD would have to be increased. 18s or so would seem pretty fair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users